• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

'H2', Rob Zombie's sequel to 'Halloween'

The official ending is now the ''alternate ending."

Loomis got stabbed in the stomach once, Laurie got shot twice, and Michael got shot multiple times (which he's come back before from)

Also of note? Both...

Michael and Loomis are removed from the crime scene stills montage of all those killed over the two films in the Director's Cut of H2

You can't be serious:doh:

so aside from the lame new ending, what new material is in the unrated cut that justifies it being 14 minutes longer?

and i only think its a lame ending because the theatrical version gave closure to the characters more than the alternate ending could ever have hoped for. and i dont mind michael talking, i would have liked if they integrated that into the theatrical ending instead. most of the time the unrated versions of movies are ballsier and i gotta say, the new ending just dulls it down and makes it lame

so aside from the lame new ending, what new material is in the unrated cut that justifies it being 14 minutes longer?

and i only think its a lame ending because the theatrical version gave closure to the characters more than the alternate ending could ever have hoped for. and i dont mind michael talking, i would have liked if they integrated that into the theatrical ending instead. most of the time the unrated versions of movies are ballsier and i gotta say, the new ending just dulls it down and makes it lame
Some of the kills are longer, there are more scenes of Michael and Deborah. I think Brackett finding Annie's body is a different take too. Laurie has more scenes too.

His look, the fact he speaks, the fact he looks like a bum. The stupid way Laurie does, it all sucks.

I actually liked this ending. Both endings fair the same with me, but I kinda liked Michael just saying "DIE" and killing Loomis. Though, I would have liked Michael to actually kill Laurie too, then get blasted to death. Laurie killing Michael had the better edge than the new ending, but I still really liked Michael ripping the mask off, scream DIE and kill Loomis. Just wish there was more to it than that.

But both endings fair the same with me. They're not great or good endings by any means, but whatever. I like certian things about both.

Rob Zombie officially killed the shape. What he forgot is that Michael Myers is the corporeal embodiment of Halloween, not a human being. A remake of Halloween should have been a two and a half hour stalker movie with LOTS of harvest imagery. The great thing about Halloween is that it built up to the violence. Suspense is something that doesn't exist in most modern horror movies.

After seeing the alternate ending, I kind of like it better than the theatrical ending. It's pretty much the unused ending from the Halloween remake.

I appreciate that Zombie tried to do something different with Michael and the Halloween film in general. But what he failed to understand is that Michael, in my opinion, is the personification of pure evil and that there is no explanation for the murders.

He just does what he does because he's evil. That's all there is to it and trying to explain why he's like that, or showing his beginnings in an abusive household makes the audience sympathize with him rather than fear him.

And he definitely shouldn't have him talking. Michael saying "DIE!!!" just kills the character for me.

With that being said I did enjoy the film and appreciate it for being different.

Perhaps this is what the first Halloween remake should've been? I don't know.

You know what...I've had it.

I saw 1-3...and was then told that 3 never happened. Then I saw 4-6, and was then told that none of that happened either. Then I saw H20-Resurrection, and oops...time for a reboot...nothing I had ever seen had happened.

Now you're telling me that the H2 I saw in theaters is not the official version and I have to get a DVD to see the movie I already bought a movie ticket to see???

This is not difficult...I pay for a movie...I watch the movie...the next movie follows what I paid to see...it is THAT easy. Halloween has betrayed this very basic relationship with their audience too many times...

It's just a different ending. Simmer down. It's not the first movie to have one.

I saw 1-3...and was then told that 3 never happened. Then I saw 4-6, and was then told that none of that happened either. Then I saw H20-Resurrection, and oops...time for a reboot...nothing I had ever seen had happened.

Now you're telling me that the H2 I saw in theaters is not the official version and I have to get a DVD to see the movie I already bought a movie ticket to see???

This is not difficult...I pay for a movie...I watch the movie...the next movie follows what I paid to see...it is THAT easy. Halloween has betrayed this very basic relationship with their audience too many times...
Dude stop looking for so damn much attention. You pull some kind of crap in every thread. Just like in the IM 2 thread about you pissing and moaning about the stupid you complete me line.

I think that might just be a little bit too dramatic...

Oh, I could have sworn that someone said that the DVD alternate ending was now the official ending.

And I stand by my main point in the iron Man thread...a 13 year old joke thats been done a thousand times on various tv shows and movies is no longer funny. The fact that silly Iron man fans could not accept that very easy premise is what caused the drama.

Now I have another easy point...I dont like spending money for a movie and then being told that I have to spend more money or the next film wont make sense.

this is why I think this site is full of morons...

The Halloween franchise has repeatedly taken our money, and then repeatedly washed away what we paid to see and you guys LIKE that.

I bring up a point that a story should begin, continue, continue and make sense...and I get called names???? Who DOESNT like a story that makes sense and flows well?? EWhy are you defending poor movie making?

I swear I feel like Im the only one around here that actually wants quality in my movies.

Oh, I could have sworn that someone said that the DVD alternate ending was now the official ending.
Where has that been said?
Now I have another easy point...I dont like spending money for a movie and then being told that I have to spend more money or the next film wont make sense.
To be fair, there is nothing official about the next movie other than it is greenlit and will be in 3D.

A page or two ago someones post says "the alternate ending is now the official ending". It isnt too far back.

Halloween has done this repeatedly...and yet the same people keep supporting it (myself included).

All that I ask...and I know some will be shocked by this...but I want to be able to watch the movies and have them make sense. that is utterly impossible with the first string of Halloween movies, and it seems we are back on the same road now. I am not watching RZH2 again...Im not renting the DVD...so if part 3 of this franchise begins ANY differently than having Mike and Loomis dead and a mommy possessed Laurie in the mental ward, then why bother seeing it? Nothing that happens in the films ever matter anyway.

You guys must love how Spider-Mans last few decades got wiped away...all that continuity gone because its easier this way.

Well, Michael was never possessed by his mother, so no reason for Laurie to be.

Yeah I know, but I'dmuch rather them try to continue with the alternate ending as opposed to creating something along the lines of the original Halloween 3

Exactly. People are frekaing out for no reason. I mean, you don't have to watch that ending if you don't want to, so why complain?

If the sequel builds off of events only seen in the DVD, then why bother having movies in theaters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"