• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Happy birthday to Michael Keaton 9/5/06

Superboy Prime said:
That would be interesting.
Just as long as Burton doesnt attempt to "Burton-ize" DKR too much.

You know, I don't think that would be a problem. DKR is already pretty Burtonesque as it is.

What I more or less meant was the idea of "Burton-izing" DKR to where parts of DKR are changed to be more acceptable to Burton's liking. I understand that DKR, and The Killing Joke greatly influenced Tim Burton into taking the job into bringing a more dark, and serious Batman to the silver screen. But again, he is prone to make changes here and there with the source material. Which should definately not happen with this particular story.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
I think Robert Rodriguez expressed interested in doing it once...
I would prefer Keaton and Burton reunite once again for this...and conclude their trilogy.
Please, not Rodriguez...
TDKR, directed by Burton and with Keaton as Batman it would be something even harmful to my health.
Apart from the enthusiastic exaggerated nature of my last statement :o , it would be really great to see.

e sonhar não faz mal à saúde ^^

Thespiralgoeson said:
You know, I don't think that would be a problem. DKR is already pretty Burtonesque as it is.

Exactly and both Keaton (especially him) and Burton shaped their work in the movies from that book.
I would love to see Keaton, Nicholson, Pfeiffer, Gough reunite with Burton along with other actors I can see in the roles such as Jim Caviezel as Superman and Anthony Hopkins as Oliver.
I think it could even be done as an HBO mini-series. Imagine what an event that would be.

Someone should ask Keaton about it to get a quote or something. If he was interested in doing it maybe we could get the ball rolling...

Keaton as Wayne from DKR would rule so hard. And with the modern day Batsuits, he could move around like Bale as well.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Keaton!

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

YES - a DKR Burton movie with Keaton as Wayne/Batman, and Nicholson as Joker would kick so much butt.

Imagine the scene where Joker unleashes havoc during the late night talk show. Imagine a cameo by Dave Letterman as the host :)

tinister said:
Happy Birthday, Mr. Keaton!

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

YES - a DKR Burton movie with Keaton as Wayne/Batman, and Nicholson as Joker would kick so much butt.

Imagine the scene where Joker unleashes havoc during the late night talk show. Imagine a cameo by Dave Letterman as the host :)

Indeed and I'm pretty sure Nicholson would go for it. The guy loves the Joker, it's his favourite character and when he's not filming he loves to watch the movie at home (he even did a nod to the Joker in Anger Management everytime he laughed).

Just to hear Keaton say: "He's young, he'll probably walk again. But he'll stay scared. Won't you, punk?" would make me faint.

ahh so now I know what the die-hard batman fans want....yeah it is a shame that keaton never got to finish his run now that I come to think of it....
The thing is with the success of bale in the role and the fact that batman has been "restarted" from the ground up, I really doubt this will ever happen...except maybe after alien V and indy 4 ; )

The only thing that can stop it on my mind is the fact that the Begins sequel is called The Dark Knight. So a movie called The Dark Knight Returns could be associated to the Begins sequel.
But it could still be done in a high quality HBO mini-series.

It will never happen and I’m glad too.
Seriously what would be the point? There is no point turning TDKR into a film as it would be inferior to the book. As great as TDKR is, it was a product of its time
and was about Regan era USA and the cold war climate. I like it just as it is.
The new Nolan movies are are just jim dandy we don need anything
else. The new series will flesh out Batman's early career on film, what more could you want?
Besides, tho I love the Burtman movies, I don think anyone can play Bats after Bale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"