• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Has Bay made a statement why the most-popular SOUNDWAVE was not in the film?

I'll give you credit for finding new ways to try to prove your point.But useing your logic it would be posible to say that Batman has never killed or carried a gun......or if your a Trekie.....that Spock didnt die in the wrath of Khan because he only died once.
Hehehe, I'm starting to think maybe we should share lars's point of view on the definition of the word "never" with the community forum. Just to see if anyone else agrees with him.

Why are you all on Soundwave's hang-low? Can someone explain to me why he is so popular to all of you? I love the voice, and I am not being a dick at all. Just curious.

Why are you all on Soundwave's hang-low? Can someone explain to me why he is so popular to all of you? I love the voice, and I am not being a dick at all. Just curious.

Soundwave's coolness factor lies in his voice + the fact he's a music player of some sort. Plain and simple.

Blaster on the other hand always came off (to me) as a white "wannabee"... kinda like the kid in that Malibu's Most Wanted movie. :cwink:

I know one or the reasons I liked him so mush is cause he always had his own back-up troops.

Hehehe, I'm starting to think maybe we should share lars's point of view on the definition of the word "never" with the community forum. Just to see if anyone else agrees with him.

Maybe we should..................:woot:

Soundwave's coolness factor lies in his voice + the fact he's a music player of some sort. Plain and simple.

Blaster on the other hand always came off (to me) as a white "wannabee"... kinda like the kid in that Malibu's Most Wanted movie. :cwink:

So are you implying that Soundwave is cool because he is a brutha with music skillz?

And the last I checked was that over 70% of rap music (more recently known as garbage compared to old rap, my opinion) is bought by white suburban kids. This is plain fact, look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping

Are you implying that they are all "wannabee" people also?

I took offense to that simply because of the race remark. I still danny gLOVEr you, CFlash. :oldrazz:

Here's something new I just learned from wikipedia as well!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Mindbender

Dr. Mindbender is a master of mind control and interrogation but his expertise does not stop there as he also has specialties in genetics, cloning and some cybernetics. He was an orthodontist working on an experimental way to relieve dental pain via electrical brainwave stimulation. When he used the device on himself, he was forever altered into an evil scientist. The Dr. Mindbender toy was clothed in purple pants and leather metal-studded suspenders. He wore no shirt but did sport a dapper mustache and monocle. He was known to love the ladies as well as the men. Dr. Mindbender did not descriminate.

The things we learn!;)

So are you implying that Soundwave is cool because he is a brutha with music skillz?

And the last I checked was that over 70% of rap music (more recently known as garbage compared to old rap, my opinion) is bought by white suburban kids. This is plain fact, look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping

Are you implying that they are all "wannabee" people also?

I took offense to that simply because of the race remark. I still danny gLOVEr you, CFlash. :oldrazz:

LOL. Nah... that's not what I was saying. :yay: In fact, Soundwave to me was white too!... but a cool KRAFTWERK white. You know what I mean? Blaster was Vanilla Ice white. To me anyway. he he.

P.S.
I agree about modern rap. The Native Tongues (Tribe, Dela, etc) need to make a comeback IMHO! As does Wu!

Okay so you realize Soundwave was voiced by the white Frank Welker and Blaster was voiced by the black Buster Jones.

Okay so you realize Soundwave was voiced by the white Frank Welker and Blaster was voiced by the black Buster Jones.

I thought I was the only one here that would know that.No disrespect just that I have found most of the knowledge about Transformers here to be a bit lacking.

I thought I was the only one here that would know that.No disrespect just that I have found most of the knowledge about Transformers here to be a bit lacking.
I wrote the entire continuity thread from memory. Wrote a bunch of wiki's too.

I wrote the entire continuity thread from memory. Wrote a bunch of wiki's too.

I didnt even know there was a continuity thread here.Can you give me a link so I can see your work?????Just to see if I mis-judged you......you know that Soundwave has no external speakers thing from a few days ago.

Has Bay made a statement why the most-popular Transformer, SOUNDWAVE, was excluded from the film? I just don't get it. Did it have to do with the size-shifting reasons (small radio to big robot?), so they just excluded Soundwave in order to create a new small annoying gremlin robot, FRENZY, to transform into a radio?

These are transforming robots - it's not a stretch of movie reality if some robots dramatically shift sizes as well, such as Megatron transforming into a small gun, Soundwave transforming into a small radio, Blaster transforming into a small radio, or Perceptor transforming into a microscope. As long as their transformations are consistent, it's okay.

I agree. Excellent analysis.

Thank you.

Maybe Soundwave will have a cameo in the Imax version?

I'd like see Soundwave appear as something like this:

43ym5heyc8.jpg

33p617dro9.jpg

4e1gephvp1.jpg

Soundwave_Wallpaper_by_timshinn73.jpg

Size shifting wouldn't be an issue, and it'd be true to the character's role as recon.

YES.

Just watched the DVD extras. There's a scene where they are showing some pictures of the movie Transformers next to their G1 counterparts, and I was a bit worried when they paired up Frenzy with Soundwave. I really hope he still gets Soundwave in the next film.

Beast Wars is far from painful. So much so it's the most popular franchise of Transformers.

Transformers is one of the few franchises in which the original is looked upon less favorably than future incarnations.
Beast Wars was far better written, and ultimately is considered the defining moment of the franchise. If not for Beast Wars and later UT, this movie wouldn't have been made.
Whoa!! What kind of Crack are you smoking? You might as well tell me it's raining out when you're actually pissing on my shoe...

Whoa!! What kind of Crack are you smoking? You might as well tell me it's raining out when you're actually pissing on my shoe...

Try visiting some Transformers fan base web sites.The general consences is by far that Beast Wars was the best written of any of the TF shows.It had better charaterastion, better stories ,and a better flow of continuity.As to wether of not a movie would have been made who can tell but ask any TF fan whos been a fan of most of the serries and they'll tell you that Beast Wars is at the top of their list.Here are a few fan sites......
http://seibertron.com/
http://www.tfw2005.com/
http://www.tfarchive.org/forum/
http://tformers.com/

I guess if Beast wars was/is so popular compared to G1 then maybe they would have made a movie about it? What? they made a movie about the G1 TF's.

Trying to say things like Beast wars is better than G1 because more people watch it is stupid. You know Britany Spears probably sold more physical cd's or records than say The Beatles did in a 5 year period. But then again there were only half as many people alive back in the 60's...so its an unfair comparison. And I know I should be ashamed to even compare BS to the Beatles. BS couldnt even swallow The Beatles wasted ****...
Same thing with Beastwars....Don't make me laugh...
And "Never" means never you silly ****** (lars). Its like arguing with a 4 year old with Down Syndrome...

I guess if Beast wars was/is so popular compared to G1 then maybe they would have made a movie about it? What? they made a movie about the G1 TF's.

Trying to say things like Beast wars is better than G1 because more people watch it is stupid. You know Britany Spears probably sold more physical cd's or records than say The Beatles did in a 5 year period. But then again there were only half as many people alive back in the 60's...so its an unfair comparison. And I know I should be ashamed to even compare BS to the Beatles. BS couldnt even swallow The Beatles wasted ****...
Same thing with Beastwars....Don't make me laugh...
And "Never" means never you silly ****** (lars). Its like arguing with a 4 year old with Down Syndrome...

Your compairing apples to oranges.I did not claim that BW was better then G1...as a mater of fact my fav is still G1. But it doesnt change the fact that BW was a better written show.Maybe it was the passege of time or the fact that they gave the writters more freedom to develope the characters but it was better written then G1.G1 was still the first and more deserving of a film and I would not like to see a live action Beast Wars film at all.
The same applys for die hard Star Trek fans.If you ask them witch of all the Treks was the best written with the best characterestion and development most would say Deep Space 9 and the Next Generation.That does not imply that it was better then the original or that it should get a movie over the original.....if it did then JJ Abrames wouldnt be working on a original characters Star Trek movie as we speek.

Like I said try asking some die hard TF fans over at the sites that I refered you to.

a) Don't make an opinion sound like a fact. Just because you love Soundwave doesn't mean hes the most popular

b) Please. No Size shifting. Its an idiotic concept that should never ... ever .. be implemented.

c) Soundwave fan and don't even realize that Frenzy is NOT a new robot. He was Soundwave's minion.

d) Its been explained MANY times why Soundwave is not in the film. Initially, Soundwave was meant to be Blackout, a large surveilliance helicopter. During Comicon 2005, that idea was met unfavorably by the public. In the script, Frenzy was meant to be Soundwave but all the producers realized that Frenzy's character is quite possibly the worst injustice that they could do to Soundwave. A decision was taken to keep Soundwave out unless they can do him right. Hes supposed to be in the 2nd film which suits the story well. At least this way, he can now have a proper part with the entire premise being laid out.

Non-sequitar.
a) For true fans, Soundwave is very popular.
b)Why a mass-changing Allspark/Cube.
c) They won't do justice to Soundwave. If characters like Bumblebee, Prime, Megatron, Starscream were not done right, then why should true fans expect Soundwave to be given a proper introduction, characterization, abilities and alternate mode.

Non-sequitar.
a) For true fans, Soundwave is very popular.
b)Why a mass-changing Allspark/Cube.
c) They won't do justice to Soundwave. If characters like Bumblebee, Prime, Megatron, Starscream were not done right, then why should true fans expect Soundwave to be given a proper introduction, characterization, abilities and alternate mode.

Uh oh gang....someone didn't drink the Bay flavored Kool-Aid. :trans:

I want to learn how to do Transformer art like that picture there.
That goes along with what I'd want for Soundwave, with multiple places for his little helpers to pop out from.

The tire spinning off into Ravage is pretty great. His back having the tire treads on it reminds me of the Hellhounds in Riddick. A mechanical version of that would be quite Ravage. The vehicle works, too. Rather than being a tape deck, he could be one of those news broadcast vans, though obviously a more menacing version than you'll see about.

-Vaportrail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"