• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hasbro Legends Variants

spideyboy_1111

Young Avenger
Reaction score
Is hasbro doing Variants? because we know wave 1 and 2... and have seen no variants... and that kinda saddens me...

Wave 1 could easily do banshee in different costumes, emma diamonded up, and a head change maybe on war hulk? beast? herc?

Wave 2
could have She hulk in fan 4, quicksilver in current outfit or green

and Wave 3.. wich could be made of these or be in vs packs or wave 1 or 2due to these were shown during a non camera allowed thing at SDCC

Cyclops (Astonishing X-Men costume)
Danger
Ord
First Appearance Storm
Cosmic Marvel Girl (Rachel)
X-Men: The Last Stand Colossus
X-Men: The Last Stand Angel

Cyke could be maskless

not sure what Cosmic marvel girl is.. (wasnt found on wiki or google, so assuming shes just rachel grey's current costume) easy variant would be new head sculpt, and shes marvel girl (jean grey) i just hope its not her crappy phoenix incarnations where she looks like the cover of a heavy metal album

First Apperance storm, could easily be repainted to look something similar to her recent costume, i suppose...

colossus could be in X-suit or shirtless

and angel could be in X uniform or shirtless... or in trench coat..

imo with such an extreme X-heavy line up for supposed HML3 it's more then likely imo that it will end up like this...

Astonishing Cyke vs Danger (two pack)
Juggernaut vs Colossus (two pack) (juggernaut is also on the list.. but supposedly is under wave 2...)

HML3
Origin Storm
Rachel Grey
Movie Angel
Ord

there might be a 3rd two pack... wich could be storm and rachel... or someone else all together

Considering that its a business and they wanna make money I can easily see them making a variant of everybody. Hell, the past few waves have been close to having almost the entire wave of figs have variants. Its just that many more for them to sell.

They reportedly will not be having variants. None are planned or reported as of right now.

Thats pretty dumb if they stop making variants. Actually, its pretty f***in' stupid.

I saw it mentioned somewhere, probably at fwoosh. I think the line up for HML2 is solid enough to pass on variants as it is.

I honestly don't care if they make them or not but as a way to sell more figures and also add a little extra to the collectibility having variants makes sense. Stopping them altogether is just a stupid idea.

The hype behind Hasbro doing ML is going to be enough to sell tons of HML1 (I don't think that lineup will be what sells it, probably just the hype). For series 2, I think the character lineup will be the selling point. I mean, She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Blob, a new cool Thor, and Xorn.

FEAR THE BAT said:
Thats pretty dumb if they stop making variants. Actually, its pretty f***in' stupid.
ya i know.. esp when some characters it saves them money.. some characters have similar costumes (black widows), (spiderwoman) stuff like that.. it makes great sense to just do a few variants rather then none and spend money making another figure again

Saint553 said:
The hype behind Hasbro doing ML is going to be enough to sell tons of HML1 (I don't think that lineup will be what sells it, probably just the hype). For series 2, I think the character lineup will be the selling point. I mean, She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Blob, a new cool Thor, and Xorn.

quick silver and she hulk though are most desserving of variants...

i have mixed feelings about variants. on one hand, i really like them, especially when the do new characters. But i hate when they have some that everyone wants and then you have trouble getting them or have to spend lots of $ on ebay or something. I think they should do variants, and just produce more of them. Think of it like this. If they had two different kinds of hercules. If you saw the one that was the variant, you know you'd pick it up. B/c everybody just about picks up variants. Well, that pretty much guarentees the sale. If you see another one a few weeks later, you might buy another variant to trade or sell. Well if later we find out that they really made just as many variants as they did the regular version of whatever fig they made the variant out of, they would have dooped us all. and i say doop us, mass produce the **** out of the variants if you're gonna make them.

spideyboy_1111 said:
quick silver and she hulk though are most desserving of variants...

yeah, i really want a she hulk variant. the variant should have her topless. i've never seen green boobs, and it would just be interesting.

Oh the mean comments I'm keeping to myself after you said that, SHT.

SpiderHulkThing said:
i have mixed feelings about variants. on one hand, i really like them, especially when the do new characters. But i hate when they have some that everyone wants and then you have trouble getting them or have to spend lots of $ on ebay or something. I think they should do variants, and just produce more of them. Think of it like this. If they had two different kinds of hercules. If you saw the one that was the variant, you know you'd pick it up. B/c everybody just about picks up variants. Well, that pretty much guarentees the sale. If you see another one a few weeks later, you might buy another variant to trade or sell. Well if later we find out that they really made just as many variants as they did the regular version of whatever fig they made the variant out of, they would have dooped us all. and i say doop us, mass produce the **** out of the variants if you're gonna make them.

well ever since the Galactus wave... variants have been MUCH easier to find

I actually haven't seen any other variants in stores, except a bearded sentry, since series 9. I have managed to get variants but only through the secondary market and means.

Saint553 said:
Oh the mean comments I'm keeping to myself after you said that, SHT.

what mean comments? so wait, you want to see green boobs too? or am I alone on that one?

ya but those secondary markets are nearly 5times less then what the ones before the galactus wave were (aside from wonder man i think)

i actually found 2 wonderman variants in store. and i've seen the cowboy wolverine variant like 5 times.

unfortuneatly in LA variants don't exist... way too many scalpers :( so im forced on the 2ndary market... still wouldnt mind a cowboy wolvie... hes much better imo then the DoFP look

if i see another one, i'll pick it up. and don't worry about getting a DM for me anymore. I've got someone lined up to trade it for a few figs. I hate to part with them but i want ez to get his DM. I'm still on the look out for another kang though, so i can give that to him as well.

ya, well ill try my best as always... but it doesnt look good considering the scalper store i havent even seen them in...

since i have 2 action fig stores (non retail) for now on i will refer to the lower priced one as Collectors Store, and the expensive one as the Scalper Store

I hope they have a variant of Emma Frost with a better looking head and bigger bust.

... biggers bust no.. lol hell look at all the legends women.. its all the same mold lol. head .. ya.. but realistically... if we got a variant.. itd probably diamond form

i fully support the cease of variants

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"