Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.

Using the classic MMPR characters was never the issue with the 2017 movie at all. That's established fact. You could look up the old threads here about the Lionsgate movie and note down the many folks who were glad that they explicitly mentioned that the movie was using Jason and the gang after some false information came out about character names. I was there, I should remember.

And going off your logic, Spider-Man should have went straight to Miles Morales after Spider-Man 3 and/or TASM 2 or after Batman and Robin there should have been someone other than Bruce Wayne in the Batsuit. That simply doesn't work.

Nostalgia is good if done right and not by any hacks.

Power Rangers isn't Spider-Man or Batman. I definitely think it was an issue with the 2017 movie because it wasn't well done.

Power Rangers isn't Spider-Man or Batman. I definitely think it was an issue with the 2017 movie because it wasn't well done.
To many people, they may as well be especially the status of MMPR within the franchise. It cannot be replaced as the definitive face and that's ok. We can't blacklist characters after a bad outing and the point being is that other superheroes were rebooted in less time than in the years since the 2017 movie.

Look we know who the problem was in Power Rangers... And Charlie's Angels. :o

Have to say....disappointed with what they've done with the Omega Rangers over in the comics. Especially since they quickly became one of my fave teams/design and need a live action version.

First Conroy, now him. It's devastating. In the years since, I've realised that 2016 wasn't a fluke, it was just the start of my childhood slowly dying, one hero at a time.

R.I.P.

It's really sad. Tommy as the Green and White Ranger was just as important to me as a kid as Batman or Spider-Man. I knew JDF had gone through some stuff in his life and I hope he's at peace now.

God, i have such fond memories as a kid watching the "Green with Evil" episodes as a kid and EVERYBODY at school was talking about it and how badass this new ranger was that was single handedly whooping all 5 Rangers' butts. Power Rangers came out the gate swininging but when the Green Ranger appeared the show became red hot in terms of its popularity. JDF was so badass and intimidating as the Tommy/The Green Ranger and EVERY kid wanted the DragonZord toy that was always sold out at our local Toys R Us. You could not find that damn thing anywhere!

Ahhh those were the days.

Thanks for the memories, Jason.

I never really got the Green Ranger hype and thought he was overrated, and I think Jason David Frank let the popularity of that character go to his head way too much, but I won’t deny the impact he had on a lot of people’s childhood.

RIP, Tommy. Even a filthy casual like me who didn’t get it can acknowledge a real one. You will most definitely be missed.

I love how even the song acknowledges his awesomeness so much in that moment that it can’t help but basically just cheer him on and hype him up the whole time. :funny:

Guys, Amy Jo Johnson just posted a 17 min video on instagram talking about JDF and I'm barely a minute in and it broke me. This is all so heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Truly heartbreaking. Power Rangers was such a big thing for me as a kid, I'm in shock. I loved the OG's.

I think him and David Yost were actually quite close. I remember JDF saying at a convention once that David was the person he hung out most with on set back in the day.

Truly heartbreaking. Power Rangers was such a big thing for me as a kid, I'm in shock. I loved the OG's.

I think him and David Yost were actually quite close. I remember JDF saying at a convention once that David was the person he hung out most with on set back in the day.

I remember thinking they had beef for some reason. I think an old video made it seem that way. But it’s nice as a fan to know that wasn't the case.

JDF was cool with everyone except Austin to my knowledge. Him and Austin clashed but think they reconciled or "made peace" recently.

I still dont understand how Saban went backwards with this franchise once he took it over again or why Ron Wasserman has been blacklisted from the franchise

I remember thinking they had beef for some reason. I think an old video made it seem that way. But it’s nice as a fan to know that wasn't the case.

A lot of people took him making fun of Yost in bts videos from s1/2 as beef when they've been friends long time now

Austin posted a nice message giving his condolences to JDF's family on Twitter last night. Very classy and big of him.

Gotta brace myself for watching the Amy Jo IG video. I know I'm going to lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"