Hbo's CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM: SEASON 8

I want to headcanon that Bill Hader playing three different characters is tied into a failed assassination attempt on a comedian in the third season of Barry.

Man, I miss Barry.

I want to headcanon that Bill Hader playing three different characters is tied into a failed assassination attempt on a comedian in the third season of Barry.

Man, I miss Barry.
Nuts that it’ll have been three years since the last season when the new one hits.

They finished filming season 3 of Barry, I assume? Hopefully it's out by Spring the latest.

My God, 1) that surprise guest and 2) the sight of a bald Ted Danson… really something else.

Seeing that Young Larry script makes me wonder if Larry actually went to the trouble of writing a full pilot for it. I wonder the same about the Seinfeld reunion in S7.

Great season! Of course things at the end were not going to end up like Larry wanted

Anyone else watch the Bob Einstein doc that HBO aired? Great stuff and pretty much all the Curb regulars are interviewed.

I feel like that Super Bowl ad was a good starting point for another season. The whole thing is just Larry coping with getting ****ed over by Crypto.

That ad was so great until it got to the part with Crypto. Shame.

Why have you forsaken me, LD?

Does anyone else find that they don't enjoy the show nearly as much as they used to? Putting aside the diminished quality of the writing, I think part of the reason, for me anyway, is that Larry's just having too much fun making it. His enthusiasm is no longer being curbed lol.

But seriously, I enjoyed it a lot more when he put some effort into his acting and made Larry the character seem so genuinely frustrated and pained at all the societal faux pas he was experiencing. The antagonism felt so much more real and true to life.

Nowadays there's too much of relaxed, chummy, 'wink, wink' sort of vibe he and the show has going on. I don't like it. When Curb started, Larry was George. And now in the past few years, he's become Jerry. And Larry just isn't as funny when he's being Jerry.

Does anyone else find that they don't enjoy the show nearly as much as they used to? Putting aside the diminished quality of the writing, I think part of the reason, for me anyway, is that Larry's just having too much fun making it. His enthusiasm is no longer being curbed lol.

But seriously, I enjoyed it a lot more when he put some effort into his acting and made Larry the character seem so genuinely frustrated and pained at all the societal faux pas he was experiencing. The antagonism felt so much more real and true to life.

Nowadays there's too much of relaxed, chummy, 'wink, wink' sort of vibe he and the show has going on. I don't like it. When Curb started, Larry was George. And now in the past few years, he's become Jerry. And Larry just isn't as funny when he's being Jerry.

Kinda. Larry still has his George moments but he really feels more like Jerry now.

But I don’t mind. What made Seinfeld great was always the group and side characters, not Jerry. And that’s what Curb has got going on as well

Why have you forsaken me, LD?

This is definitely a Larry David thing to do, to pull his own documentary the day of release cause he wants to premiere it with a crowd.

With that said, there’s never been a follow up about when? Is there maybe something more to it like of something in it he didn’t like that needs to be re-edited?

Just finished season 11 - what happened to Funkhauser? Even Richard Lewis had a short appearance

Oh sad - I liked him

Larry and Lewis being 75 now is mind-boggling.

Larry died before and he'll do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"