• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HBO's Euphoria

I have to be honest and admit I wasn't fully invested in McKay, and I rarely miss him. But he was unceremoniously dropped this season.

Edit: is E!Online a good source? I see they brought up the supposed feud between Barbie and Sam in their review.

Not sure how reliable they are. Barbie kind of addressed it in an interview and said something about her character’s journey is more internal this season but I doubt she would openly rip the show’s writing (at least while the season is still going on). Regardless of what did or didn’t happen, I hope that the show runner is taking some of the criticisms of Kat’s arc to heart and if she does come back for season 3, he’ll write a better arc for her. I guess we’ll see.

I remember reading an interview with Barbie somewhere (shortly after season 1) where she was discussing being queer and she said she thinks Kat is as well and wanted to see that explored in season 2. Perhaps that led to some friction if Levinson was adamant that Kat is straight. Maybe not, but it is interesting that she said that back then (and given her disinterest in sex with Ethan, her discovering that she is LGBTQ+ could have easily been worked in) but thus far we’ve just seen her fantasize about being pounded by Khal Drogo. Of course, this show has never shied away from queerness but it’s possible that Levinson didn’t want to go in that direction with Kat for whatever reason.

Reactions: Lip
Not sure how reliable they are. Barbie kind of addressed it in an interview and said something about her character’s journey is more internal this season but I doubt she would openly rip the show’s writing (at least while the season is still going on). Regardless of what did or didn’t happen, I hope that the show runner is taking some of the criticisms of Kat’s arc to heart and if she does come back for season 3, he’ll write a better arc for her. I guess we’ll see.

I remember reading an interview with Barbie somewhere (shortly after season 1) where she was discussing being queer and she said she thinks Kat is as well and wanted to see that explored in season 2. Perhaps that led to some friction if Levinson was adamant that Kat is straight. Maybe not, but it is interesting that she said that back then (and given her disinterest in sex with Ethan, her discovering that she is LGBTQ+ could have easily been worked in) but thus far we’ve just seen her fantasize about being pounded by Khal Drogo. Of course, this show has never shied away from queerness but it’s possible that Levinson didn’t want to go in that direction with Kat for whatever reason.
I read that her arc was supposed to involve body image issues, and the writing wasn't coming from a place of experience, so she expressed she wasn't confortable with that.

I think that's the problem when you're writing and directing everything by yourself. There isn't anyone to give their opinions. Also, Levison kind of have this power to just write off anyone he wants to.

But you see so many different comments from fans about this fued... it's hard to see what to believe.

But I do think there is a fued between them.

I read that her arc was supposed to involve body image issues, and the writing wasn't coming from a place of experience, so she expressed she wasn't confortable with that.

I think that's the problem when you're writing and directing everything by yourself. There isn't anyone to give their opinions. Also, Levison kind of have this power to just write off anyone he wants to.

But you see so many different comments from fans about this fued... it's hard to see what to believe.

But I do think there is a fued between them.

Ah, yeah if that was the case, he should have (at the very least) consulted some experts about that and brought some female writers because body image issues are typically a very different experience for women than they are for men. But yeah; it does sound like he’s one of those people who wants total control and doesn’t like being told when he’s wrong about something.

Hopefully he'll realize how beloved Kat is and not only keep her on the show, but give her a strong material next year.

I loved that little exchange between Jules and Nate.

“What, did you become like a good person?”

“Absolutely not, no.”

Question for ya’ll. Who do you think is/was a scarier drug kingpin - Mouse or Laurie?

I would tend to agree but I dunno; Mouse genuinely creeped me the **** out. That scene where he made Rue take drugs was straight-up terrifying.

Maybe I’m biased though. I generally get skeeved out by anyone with excessive face tattoos.

Laurie is very quiet, slow to anger despite her threats. That, to me, makes her more dangerous, whereas Mouse is upfront about what he'd do. I get the vibe that Laurie is more of a threat than we give her credit, given how soft-spoken she is, but I think she could back up her threats on Rue.

images

The women make Euphoria - Cast Interview

PS.: Zendaya kind of gives a little spoiler about the season finale.

HBO's Boss on Euphoria without Zendaya.

Guess this answer my questions.

Okay, since McKay is an anti-vax idiot, I no longer care that he’s been nonexistent this season. It’s a shame; the guy is a good actor but I’m fine with going scorched earth on these A-holes instead of letting them put people’s lives in danger.

For all that’s been made of Rue’s downward spiral a few episodes back (and it really was quite something), I honestly think Cassie becoming such a drunken mess that her mom needed to drag her sobbing, vomit-soaked ass out of the hot tub was harder to watch.

Rue’s been on the same track she’s been on since the start of the show, but last season, Cassie was actually normal. Gotta get these girls away from Nate.

This season has been insane. Episode 5 hit too close to home.

Oh man, what a great episode. Lexi and Ethan were co-MVPs in this episode. Just fantastic. But damn I’m so worried about next week’s finale. What happened with Fez? Will Nate kill Ethan? Will Cassie kill Lexi? Will Sam Levinson replace Barbie Ferreira with her lookalike from this episode and just hope no one notices?

Next week can’t get here fast enough.

Maybe I'm just not big on the play, but I didn't really dig yesterday's episode. I didn't dislike it, but aside from maybe the Fez stuff, I feel like I could've skipped this episode since it's just a stage production of these character's lives.

Also, no high school play ever has a turnout like that in the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"