He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
The project remains in development hell but it seems certain that Sony is intent on getting the franchise to the big screen once they get a script that doesn't suck. It also seems obvious that they weren't pleased with the most recent script or there would already be a sub-forum on this site dedicated to He-man.

Post what you think should be done with the He-man reboot, who you want to be cast, and what the plot should revolve around (the original was essentially a rescue the princess story).

My thoughts (with some visual aids)-

Prologue: Skeletor receives a prophecy of a human child born on Eternia that will find one of the two swords of Grayskull. His response is to order the slaying of all newborns. This culminates in a face-to-face fight against King Randor in which Skeletor is horribly scared and Randor is slain. Prince Adam is taken from the city into the desert where he is raised.

Story: Orko has been sent into the desert by the Sorceress to find Adam and bring him to Grayskull. Orko serves as the trigger for the hero's journey. He leads Adam to Grayskull where the Sorceress, a holographic AI, gives to Adam the armor and sword of Grayskull.

Adam and his friends go on a quest to Snake Mountain where thousands of humans have been enslaved for the last 30 years following their resistance to Skeletor. Skeletor and Adam fight and Skeletor is defeated with a little help from Orko. Adam leaves Skeletor alive or Skeletor simply escapes his death.

battlearmor_heman2_zpsbkt5jedo.jpg

orko1_zps68ylzsp5.jpg

orko2_zpsrfdfyuwc.jpg

orko4_zpsoitxf9e4.jpg

skeletor4_zpsg43jbniu.jpg

Portrayal: To keep the budget from becoming an issue, Orko would be played by a dwarf with an animatronic face. If the character is going to fly then it could be done with wires that can be easily removed in the computer (whether the character can levitate or actually has animated wings).

Skeletor's natural skin color would be a deep blue while his face burned and bleached yellow green. His robes would be shades of purple while beneath he wears black.

The sword of Grayskull would be no longer than a gladius. It would be a one-handed blade. All of the swords in the film would have a plasma blade. He-Man's sword would be yellow while Skeletor's plasma sword would be purple.

Cringer would be an alien beast created with a combination of close shots using animatronics and wider shots using stop motion.

Everything would be shot on locations and modified with digitally created landmarks/structures.

Instead of a robot army, Skeletor would utilize the Snake Men of Eternia as his willing and less than intelligent army. It would be the Snake Men who would give Adam the title, He-Man.

Skeletor's special forces would include his actual henchmen from the show (though some would have actual names)-- Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Trapjaw, Whiplash, and Jitsu. There is no shortage of characters in the MOU franchise for sequels.

I don't know why the thread didn't show in searches.

I don't know why the thread didn't show in searches.

Did you search for "He-Man" or did you search for "Masters Of The Universe"? Whenever I can't find the other thread, I just type "Masters Of The Universe" into the site's search engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"