Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

So when will we get another reboot
I think after this Hellboy will be re-envisioned as a streaming show. The franchise never set the world on fire box office-wise(the box office earnings for the original two always varied to modest-to-tepid). The first film got greatly overshadowed by Incredibles and Spider-Man 2 in 2004 and the sequel got eclipsed again by Iron Man and Dark Knight in 2008(TDK's massive opening greatly contributed to the 71% box office decline it suffered).

There's just not a lot of mainstream appeal with this character. He isn't suited for the theatrical experience like much more popular characters like Spider-Man.

Last edited:
The franchise never set the world on fire box office-wise(the box office earnings for the original two always varied to modest-to-tepid
but that's GDT's commercial career in a nutshell

they should get back to those animated movies

I think after this Hellboy will be re-envisioned as a streaming show. The franchise never set the world on fire box office-wise(the box office earnings for the original two always varied to modest-to-tepid). The first film got greatly overshadowed by Incredibles and Spider-Man 2 in 2004 and the sequel got eclipsed again by Iron Man and Dark Knight in 2008(TDK's massive opening greatly contributed to the 71% box office decline it suffered).

There's just not a lot of mainstream appeal with this character. He isn't suited for the theatrical experience like much popular character's like much more popular characters like Spider-Man.
I'd be fine with this. But I worry about budget

Goddamn that RT score and reviews are brutal :funny:

It’s a shame really.
I was so hyped by the stuff they were saying that this movie was gonna be.
It was exactly what I wanted from a Hellboy movie.
Hellboy’s design was cool looking.
The pictures that were released all looked amazing.
Then the trailer came out and all my hype died

And now this :funny:

I expected this not to be that great but I thought it wouldn’t be this bad.

Apparently the budget is 50 million.
11% after 19 reviews.

Hellboy (2019)
giphy.gif

Critics Consensus
Bereft of the imaginative flair that made earlier Hellboys so enjoyable, this soulless reboot suggests Dante may have left a tenth circle out of his Inferno.

Oh wow, disaster... I expected it to be mediocre... But it's far below.

Yeah, I was expecting bad reviews, but like maybe Venom level (a movie I liked BTW), not this bad.

Such a shame, as I was really excited to see stuff from the comics like Gruagagh, Nimue, Baba Yaga and her chicken leg house. Everyone involved should be ashamed.

Sounds like it wasn't just producers clashing with the director. Harbour supposedly walked off set more than once and he and Ian McShane supposedly rewrote scenes.

Ouch, LOL

13%

Average Rating: 3.46/10
Reviews Count: 52
Fresh: 7
Rotten: 45

Critics Consensus

Bereft of the imaginative flair that made earlier Hellboys so enjoyable, this soulless reboot suggests Dante may have left a tenth circle out of his Inferno.

I might enjoy it, but its discouraging knowing that this rebooted version is a dead end right out of the gate. This isnt getting a sequel. And the studio will walk away with the wrong idea that Hellboy failed because either Hellboy is not profitable as a property or theyll think Hellboy failed because of the R rating. Either way this property is getting shelved for years because of this.

I guess Ed Skrein got a lucky escape when he dropped out of this film.

Probably gonna go see it on Saturday just to support but more than likely not more than that.

Yeah I don't see anyone touching this property for the big screen again for a long time, if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"