• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with Adobe Reader

Ben Urich

Avenger
Reaction score
My bank posts my statements online in PDF format. This sucks because my Adobe Reader is busted.
I'm running Windows ME on my computer with the Mozilla Firefox (v.1.5.4) browser. I've uninstalled and re-installed Reader several times. I downloaded 6.0.1 from the website, and then updates 6.0.2 through 6.0.5. All of those updates have been installed.
When I start Adobe Reader, I get this garbage:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/incurock31/reader.jpg
No toolbar at the top, nothing at all. Then my computer freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to quit the program.
Can anyone help? :(

If you have the full .pdf link have your tried opening it in IE ? because for some reason i cant open .pdf links with firefox i have to open them with IE.

I get the same thing in IE, only instead of a grey screen, I get the little image logo, the one that looks like a red circle and a green triangle and a blue something or other. I hit the refresh button and nothing changes. :(

Did you do a full uninstall of Adobe Acrobat Reader, reboot and then reinstall the latest version? Could be a corrupted .dll or registry entry that isn't getting corrected with a reinstall.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"