Hi!

The Strategos

Civilian
Reaction score
Since there is no real place to say hi and thougth I would start a thread, starting with me! Hi, I'm The Strategos and I'm new both to the forum and comics. I started reading Marvel in January but have watched the films for years. However, don't count me out for knowledge as I have a ferocious ability to build up geeky information!
As I'm British I don't get comics as at the same time as the US, getting Marvel licensed Panini CEs and a selective number of a great run called the Ultimate Marvel Graphic Novels Collection, which reprints many of marvels best stories! In the CEs I'm currently most enjoying Stark Resilient, Thor The World Eaters, The Childrens Crusade and Curse of the Mutants. My fav story so far is X-Men: Second Coming - I just thought it was so epic :woo:jedi !
In my none superhero time, I am an author, currently self-taught karateka and metal fan!

Since there is no real place to say hi and thougth I would start a thread, starting with me! Hi, I'm The Strategos and I'm new both to the forum and comics. I started reading Marvel in January but have watched the films for years. However, don't count me out for knowledge as I have a ferocious ability to build up geeky information!
As I'm British I don't get comics as at the same time as the US, getting Marvel licensed Panini CEs and a selective number of a great run called the Ultimate Marvel Graphic Novels Collection, which reprints many of marvels best stories! In the CEs I'm currently most enjoying Stark Resilient, Thor The World Eaters, The Childrens Crusade and Curse of the Mutants. My fav story so far is X-Men: Second Coming - I just thought it was so epic :woo:jedi !
In my none superhero time, I am an author, currently self-taught karateka and metal fan!

Welcome to boards Strategos! I've read comics since I was a kid, with my fav characters these days being Spider-Man, Sentry, and the big three Avengers (Iron Man Thor Cap). One of my current fav comics is Punisher.
And I'm a pastor at a baptist church in Ontario, Canada :)

Some of our Mods have issues but we wuv dem anyway.

Last edited:
I want to grow up to be a dinosaur.

Why do you want to grow up? Be a dinosaur now.

The teenage mutant kind?

Also, to the Strategos. All threads tend to devolve into this after awhile. Enjoy the general insanity while you can :p

Thanks everybody who has said hi - you're awesome :) !
@ random havoc. A pastor who loves comics - that's fresh :) !
@ Erzengel. I love your Avatar but I embarrassingly don't know what benching is! Oh and I love the Star Wars movies but have never tried expanded universe.
@ KevanG. Don't worry, I like crazy :) ! Also, is KevanG a contraction of your real name or a reference to the film Mean Girls?
Finally, I just wanted to sat that you all seem to have great avatars and I can't wait to post enough to be able to have mine!

Real Name. Never saw Mean Girls. All I know about it is that Lohan was still hot in it before she became a trainwreck.

*starts singing Yesterday*

[YT]ONXp-vpE9eU[/YT]

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I dunno, have you been to gamefaqs?

I hope you enjoyed your social life before registering here.

Thanks everybody who has said hi - you're awesome :) !
@ random havoc. A pastor who loves comics - that's fresh :) !
@ Erzengel. I love your Avatar but I embarrassingly don't know what benching is! Oh and I love the Star Wars movies but have never tried expanded universe.
@ KevanG. Don't worry, I like crazy :) ! Also, is KevanG a contraction of your real name or a reference to the film Mean Girls?
Finally, I just wanted to sat that you all seem to have great avatars and I can't wait to post enough to be able to have mine!

Hmm... is you a lady? Follow up comment: If not, for shame! (on both counts)

:cwink:

And he means how much can you bench press :)

Welcome Strategos , you're entering a world of pain.

[YT]rrykk7E_2i0[/YT]

Welcome, Strategos! Try not to get emotions get ahead of you here :cwink:

Thanks for all the new hi posts! But no, I am not a lady and though I probably could do bench presses I'm not big on working out - I'm too busy and have karate for fitness :) !

Hey I just met you and this is crazy...

... but will you shake it like a Polaroid picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"