Hiding Luke on Tatooine

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
So one of the complaints about the Saga is how someone named Luke Skywalker was able to remain hidden on Tatooine because of his name, that his father was born there, etc.

I just attributed it to force fitting a story.

But now it kinda makes sense.

Obi-Wan brings Luke to Beru and Owen and probably explaining that this is Anakin and Padme's child. He probably didn't provide any information regarding other than he was an orphan. Going by that, it's not a far reach to give him the name Skywalker as they were probably unaware that Anakin is alive as Vader.

Secondly, the odds that Vader would ever come back to Tatooine which was established as being far from the core worlds and ruled by the Hutts, was slim. Plus, there would be no reason for Vader to ever return to Tatooine prior to the events of A New Hope.

Didn't Vader also - in the old EU - swear he'd never set foot on Tatooine again? I can imagine how much being above it at the beginning of ANH pissed him off.

I never got this complaint. I mean, why would Vader look for someone who is presumed dead? When the Emperor told Vader that he killed Padme, that also tells him that he killed Luke in the process, hence the "NOOOO". Vader spent 20 years believing that Luke had died inside Padme's womb until he sensed him using the Force during the Death Star battle in ANH.

Last edited:
He sensed a strong force user during the Battle of Yavin, not necessarily his son.

Prior to the new continuity Star Wars comics, I believe Vader tortured a rebel pilot into revealing Luke's name.

Now, Boba Fett was the one who delivered the name directly to Vader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"