Homeland - Part 1

Great episode last night, I was in fear for Quinn but dude is still a badass. Dar seems to be the man behind it all, he's got some balls.

This whole thing has Dar's name all over it. Not just Carrie's situation but the middle eastern stuff Saul is looking into. Now Dar pretty much has the Pres-elect locked away while he's scheming around. He would have that kind of power to pull the phone recordings from the NSA. The van in Quinn's pic. Was the same one the poor kid drove? Loving Quinn this season.

Yes or at least from the same company. I love how despite having a messed up body and PTSD, Quinn's instincts and subconscious are still spot on.

The president elect was basically kidnapped by Dar, wasn't she? :funny:

Last edited:
If it's really Dar behind all this, he has really crossed the line.

Dar. Yeah he needs to die.

Went for the low blow to guarantee Claire's defeat in court.

He's got Quinn on a leash so he won't be a nuisance.

Only person still standing that poses a threat to his agenda is Saul. But for how long? He's got people on the president-elect. So he'll nip that meeting, that Saul wants to set up, in the butt.

Dar is out of control. He'll get his comeuppance soon, I'm sure. :p

Dar has gone full villain! :funny:

I have to agree Dar is a villain and a puppet master in everyone's life.

Dar wants to destroy Carie in every way possible, low blow for taking her child away from her.

Nooo! I like [blackout]Astrid[/blackout].

What a bad, bad day for everyone except Dar. :funny:

That far right radio host just topped Dar as the biggest p.o.s of the series. Wow.

The episode really was a Dar friendly one. The way things played out for him. They could have ended the episode with him bumping Ice Cube's It Was a Good Day upon hearing how everything went in his favor.

That announcer is vile, vile, vile with that edited video.

I was almost disappointed we didn't see Dar twirl his mustache and laugh maniacally. :p

That was a heart pounding finish in the woods. Dar is Machiavellian with this plan, he has everyone where he wants them.

That far right radio host just topped Dar as the biggest p.o.s of the series. Wow.

The episode really was a Dar friendly one. The way things played out for him. They could have ended the episode with him bumping Ice Cube's It Was a Good Day upon hearing how everything went in his favor.
Is that radio guy supposed to be a Brietbart knock off?

You know i got kind of a happy feeling seeing Carrie and Saul work together again.. Even though they got screwed over lol.

Nice seeing Dar having a ****** day. I don't like their plan to take down him though. Since Saul would also go down in the process. So hopefully something else, something solid comes along that they can use instead. But with the way things played out in the final minutes. Dar probably switches sides to save his own ass since it seems he's not in complete control.

This season's been great and tonight's ep was phenomenal. All the pieces are now falling into place.

I was seething at O'Keefe. Keene handled him much calmer than I would've. So looks like Dar will switch sides again. I kinda appreciate his loyalty for Quinn. I love how even though his body is broken, Quinn's instincts and mind are still sharp as ever.

This season's been great and tonight's ep was phenomenal. All the pieces are now falling into place.

I was seething at O'Keefe. Keene handled him much calmer than I would've. So looks like Dar will switch sides again. I kinda appreciate his loyalty for Quinn. I love how even though his body is broken, Quinn's instincts and mind are still sharp as ever.

Well, its hard to applaud Dar's loyalty to Quinn too much considering it stems from infatuation developed through Dar's sexual abuse of Quinn as a child.

I am confused as to what the end game for Dar is. His goal seems to have been to discredit the President-Elect. O'Keefe's goal seems to be assassination of the President-Elect with Quinn as the scapegoat. I don't know if Dar was in on the assassination plan and his only point of contention is scapegoating Quinn. That's still unclear. It seems odd that an Alex Jones figure would have access to the resources needed to carry out a conspiracy of this nature alone, so if Dar isn't in on the assassination plan, you gotta think there is at least one other co-conspirator. Although I suppose it could be the hired gun that Quinn killed.

If Dar isn't in on the assassination plan, I wonder what the writers are going for? Why throw pedophilia in the mix? That kind of makes Dar irredeemable and, as far as I can tell, that was the goal. It was intended to make him a full blown villain and take away any doubt as to who we should be rooting for (as prior to that reveal, his attempts to discredit Keene could've been viewed, from his perspective, as an attempt to discredit a weak President in the name of the greater good). The pedophilia twist removes any sympathy one may have for him. So a face-turn this late in the game is hard to swallow.

I just don't know where he fits into it all at this point. O'Keefe is seemingly the big bad and Dar is no longer on board with him. So what is Dar's role? Why make him irredeemable if the plan was a flip? What do the writers have planned for Dar (who is easily the most compelling character on the show)?

Regardless of how the season ends, I really hope Dar is still in play moving forward. Dar in prison, in maybe a Hannibal Lecter type of role, advising Saul, could be fantastic.

Wait, what? I totally missed Dar sexually abusing Quinn as a kid. I just saw it being discussed elsewhere too so clearly I missed the clues. Was just it during their confrontation? Because I didn't get that vibe at all.

My understanding is that Dar had no idea about the assassination plot and his end goal is always just to have Keane bend to his will. He was happy as a clam back when Keane sided with him and was asking him for suggestions and such. He just lost it when Carrie and Saul exposed him.

Dar did what to Quinn?! I gotta rewatch their scene because I didn't get that vibe.

O'Keefe is just the face and mouth piece of the operation. He doesn't have that kind of power to pull in a black ops hit team. But Robert Knepper's nameless character might. He seems to be above Dar when the 2 shared a scene. And he was Quinn's team leader in the flashback.

Not liking where things are headed for Quinn.

Dar did what to Quinn?! I gotta rewatch their scene because I didn't get that vibe.

O'Keefe is just the face and mouth piece of the operation. He doesn't have that kind of power to pull in a black ops hit team. But Robert Knepper's nameless character might. He seems to be above Dar when the 2 shared a scene. And he was Quinn's team leader in the flashback.

Not liking where things are headed for Quinn.

When they are sitting by the lake talking, there is a pretty clear implication that Dar molested Quinn as a child. It wasn't outright stated, but t was clearly meant to be the takeaway, right down to Quinn calling him a "dirty old man."

I forgot about Knepper's character. I wonder if we will learn more about him or if he is being saved for next season.

I missed all that about Dar and Quinn, too. I just took it as Dar having recruited him. :(

I missed all that about Dar and Quinn, too. I just took it as Dar having recruited him. :(

Me too and that he looks out for him as his protege. Accurate or not, that interpretation tainted my view on their relationship. :wow:

Squeekness is displeased with this finale. :(

It made sense story wise but still...
RIP Quinn :waa:

I friggin' love his character. What a bad ass. I lost it when Carrie saw her picture at his pile of mementos.

Keane's gone
Mad King! :wow:

Last edited:
Still not liking it, even if the story called for it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back