Hot chick with crossbow - 1 Alligator - 0

BlackLantern

Eternal
Reaction score
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/out...an-bags-11foot-alligator-with-a-crossbow.html

Florida's public alligator hunt is underway, and the nighttime pursuit of trophy-sized specimens in the muggy marshlands is challenging and often unproductive.
But Arianne Prevost of Satellite Beach was in the right place at the right time, and with the right people on Tuesday night during her first-ever gator hunt, as she used a crossbow to bag an 11-footer weighing perhaps 450 pounds.
Her company during the Central Florida adventure included Peter Deeks and Robert Rohmann, who run Native Sons Outfitters. Deeks said in an interview that they'd previously scouted the St. Johns River marshlands and, while camouflaged, had staked out an area where they figured the big reptile would swim by.
At about 9 p.m., Prevost placed two perfect shots from 10 to 15 feet and dispatched the alligator with a broadhead shot at close range.
Deeks said they assumed, based on the size of the gator's head, it would measure 14 feet. But he still labeled the prize a trophy.
Prevost, who is dating Rohmann, said she will harvest the meat and have the head mounted.
An archery hunter with two years experience, Prevost told Florida Today: "I can't seem to kill a deer, but I can kill an 11-foot alligator."
-- Pete Thomas

Guess she needed *sunglasses* new shoes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!

Buffy the gator slayer

Now I know I don't like gators of any kind, but...killing them for sport....yeah, I hope someone gets eaten by one. Just basically asking for it.

well its something Florida does to control the gator population

my favorite comment

I am sorry that this article had to be reported on in the LA Times, but since it is a liberal newspaper, then I can see why it made more news than the multiple murders that occurred in your city the same day that Ms. Prevost legally hunted her alligator. You see, here in Florida, we have a problem sometimes with this prehistoric reptile called an alligator. They have been known to show up unexpectedly in people's front yards and eat their dogs, or attack the unsuspecting golfer who is trying to retrieve his ball. Alligator hunting is legal here in Florida for a short time once a year, the rest of the year the alligators are free to roam the swamps and marshes for the peaceful fisherman or camper who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. To quote an earlier post by Evan: "The desire for people to kill is beyond me. Did you not receive enough hugs as a child?" Could not this statement be directed at the thousands of gang members you have there in The City of the Angels? Of course, their behavior is most likely condoned there on the other side of the country because of poverty, racial discrimination, and not getting a "fair shake." Which is more reprehensible, the legal, licensed hunter decreasing the population of an aggressive predator with a legal means of taking said animal; or the illegal, convicted felon who was released on a technicality because he is black and the officer was white, who then proceeds to sell crack to your 12 year old niece, and shoots your little brother in the head as he defends himself against a drive-by shooting in Compton? If there is any common sense left in Los Angeles, then please, judge for yourself. The rest can go to Starbucks and drink their latte' and complain about how bad of shape the country is in, but have no real solution on how to fix the problem, while those of us with common sense proceed to clean up your mess.
Marc
Ocala, FL

She's hot, so no one is really going to complain about her murdering animals. Except other women.

I understand the need for population control for the alligators, but this just makes me want to root for the alligators:

They have been known to show up unexpectedly in people's front yards and eat their dogs, or attack the unsuspecting golfer who is trying to retrieve his ball.

They've been around since the time of the dinosaurs, and aren't we supposed to respect our elders? Kids these days. :rolleyes:

This may be the best thing I have seen for a while.

I live in florida now and i never met a chick that was into hunting until i moved down here.

Just because we beat you to the punch? Don't catch fillinz. :o

Just because we beat you to the punch? Don't catch fillinz. :o

No, I just hate the David Caruso jokes. CSI Miami is bad enough on its own, I dont need to see people parodying that crap...

You know what's bad? Curb Your Enthusiasm. Oh yeah. I went there. :mad:

awwww ****...its on...its mother****ing on....o no you didn't o no you didn't!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"