• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

How do I get the comics?

That is the English way for everything.... :cwink:

Man walks into his home after a day at work, his wife walks up to him and says "Hello darling, how was your day?"
"Not too bad, I did get mauled by a tiger on the way home and it ripped off my right arm."
"Never mind dear, let's have a nice cup of tea."

I dunno, that's kind of the romanticised version of Britain.

More likely to be a nice can of carling nowadays :p

I was thinking more along the lines of how us Brits are perceived in other lands. And I believe the most prevalent is how we tend to under-react to situations... :)

Back on topic....

Downloads do appear to be becoming more popular these days. But I think there is nothing better than having a real comic in your hands and feeling the paper against your fingers as you turn the pages. Also in years to come, when you read them again, you are kind of connecting with your childhood, or at least, your earlier years.

I have a couple of prized comics.
A DC/Marvel team-up of Spider-Man and Superman from 1976 printed in a giant size format and issue 1 of Spider-Woman from April 1978. I occasionally re-read them and it does make me feel like 12 years old again.

supermanvsspider-man1976.jpg
spider-woman_1.png

Then again, nostalgia is not what it used to be. ;)
This with my next best saying, youth is wasted on the young... :woot:

Anyhows, try this for comic book ordering.
http://forbiddenplanet.com/comics/
I think they do both types. Real and digital.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back on topic....

Downloads do appear to be becoming more popular these days. But I think there is nothing better than having a real comic in your hands and feeling the paper against your fingers as you turn the pages. Also in years to come, when you read them again, you are kind of connecting with your childhood, or at least, your earlier years.

I have a couple of prized comics.
A DC/Marvel team-up of Spider-Man and Superman from 1976 printed in a giant size format and issue 1 of Spider-Woman from April 1978. I occasionally re-read them and it does make me feel like 12 years old again.

Then again, nostalgia is not what it used to be. ;)
This with my next best saying, youth is wasted on the young... :woot:

Anyhows, try this for comic book ordering.
http://forbiddenplanet.com/comics/
I think they do both types. Real and digital.

Good luck.

Yeah I went for the real comics subscription instead of downloads.

It works out much better.

1. I get to collect them, which I love doing.

2. It doesn't hurt my eyes as much to read

3. They are delivered to my work - so pretty much every week I get something to read of a lunchtime. And it's like 'oooh comic day!' :D (I have Action Comics, Superman, Superboy, Supergirl and Justice League).

I went with ComicDomain, and they've been very good so far other than one delay due to a damaged batch.

You pick your comics to subscribe too over email, and all payments are done through paypal invoices, which are sent to you either per comic, or per month. You don't pay until you confirm with paypal, and if your late paying for one, the invoice updates with the next one so you just pay for the two on the invoice.

I was thinking more along the lines of how us Brits are perceived in other lands. And I believe the most prevalent is how we tend to under-react to situations... :)

Yeah okay I'll give you that.

I've seen some bizzarre cases of that, and most of the time it comes off like people just don't care.

Last edited:
Hiya,

I'm a big Superman fan, and have plenty of the Graphic Novels from buying online, but because we have no comic book store for 25 miles where I'm from, I've never been able to buy comics individually.

With the relaunch just started, I thought this would be the perfect time to start buying the individual comics.

Problem is, I don't know how to go about ordering them online, or subscribing or anything. I can't see where u can do it on the DC site.

Does anyone know of anywhere good, bearing in mind I'm in the UK?

You can go on dc comics.com and you can pick which superman comic you want:supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"