• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom How do you feel about Venom's look/voice?

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Just wanted to do a poll on how everyone felt about not just the design of Venom, but also his voice.

Personally, I love the visual design for the Symbiote, and any touch ups could enhance it once October comes.

The voice isn't normally how I imagined Venom sounding, but it just sounds so menacing and badass! Venom saying "We" is also a plus!

Last edited:
I loved it. Everything about Venom looks amazing and I really have high hopes that this will be a decent, kick-ass action film.

I'm a bit annoyed that it doesn't seem to have any connection to Spider-Man but I'm also kinda hoping that, if it does well enough, Marvel Studios and Sony could weave them together.

In either case, Tom Hardy is a great choice for Eddie Brock and a violent alien symbiote that actually refers to itself as "We" and "Venom", while looking like it was ripped straight from the comic books, is a major win for me.

Both look wonderful right now. No complaints.

Rather perfect.

The voice is perfect. The look, I don't know, not loving it. Kinda don't like the proportions of the head. And the CGI looks obviously not finished. Right now I give it a 6/10. But unfortunately he won't have any connections to Spidey. So he won't have that Spider chest emblem, webbing or any other of Spidey's abilities. So he's just gonna be a big, black, tendril monster. And I don't care about that version of Venom.

M6XFTfR.jpg

Obviously the highlight of the trailer. Voice reminds me of the 90's Venom. The build of Venom seems spot on, the face seems fine, but it is missing the chest spider and I have concerns about the tendrils and how they move. I would say a 7 or 8 out of 10.

If there's one thing I can't complain about, it's the voice. Deep, gravelly but still able to understand him clearly, intimidating.

Curious to hear from the people that didn't like it.

The voice is fantastic, probably the part in the trailer beside the Venom reveal that got me grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Yeah, I'm not sure about the rest of the movie but I love the look and voice.

Both the look and voice are great as far as I can see. CGI isn't top, but I still like it.

Love it. I would love him to have spider logo on chest but i doubt it.

Surprised people love the voice as much as I do. Thought most would want there to be more distortion to the voice like the 90’s cartoon, Spectacular Spider-Man and most of the games.

I think it's perfect, at least so far.

I'm really intrigued how they will capture Venom in movement.

He's to glossy, and the teeth need touched up so it doesn't look like a rubber suit in a B movie.

I prefer the animated series voice with a slight echo/distortion. Not hard to screw up the visual appearance so it is what it is to me (SM3's version was fine, just too sleak). Not expecting much out of this nor do I have an interest if it isn't connected to the MCU so I'm skipping it.

Love the voice and the look. That being said, still think the rest of the movie will probably suck.

Venom looks really cool based on the trailer. The voice is absolutely badass.

The design, from the face anyway, is average. I need a full view before I can really judge. The voice however, is great.

Looks ok,hard to make full assessment off of a very short sequence.

Definitely not enough options when asking about two different things ;)
I like the look (maybe 7 / 10) but don't like the voice (4 / 10). Not because it's 'bad' or anything, but because imo it's too obviously a bad monster voice.
I would have preferred something different/original.

Of course, I hated Hardy's 'different/original' Bane voice so maybe I should be careful what I wish for haha

I could probably do without the second layer of teeth, but I like the design overall.

The CGI is pretty bad though.

Venom looks okay, certainly better than SM3, in my opinion. The Voice has got my so hyped up for this movie. It sounds like Kevin Michael Richardson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"