How do YOU read your comics?

JTStarkiller

Sidekick
Reaction score
When you get your new comics on Wednesdays, do you have a system for reading them?

For instance, do you read the most interesting ones first, or do you save them for last? Do you usually get through all of them that day, or do you (whether you're just busy or on purpose) space them out over the week? Or do you typically not get them on Wednesdays?

I tend to get mine on Wednesdays, and save the ones I'm more interested in for last. And since I'm usually extremely busy on Wednesdays and have Thursdays off, I get them all read on Thursday.

Just curious what everyone else does.

I buy mine at the store on the weekend. I'll usually read the titles that seem to be the most interesting first and everything else last. If I happen to get a TPB, I'll read it whenever I'm not busy doing something else.

I get my comics the second Saturday of every month for my subsciription account and that way I get a lot to read. Let's say I get five comics that month, I'll read four of 'em and wait a week to read the remaining comic. I guess I read the ones that're the most interesting first.

Actually back in the 80's when I HAD alot to read, I'd start with Thor then Surfer then all the rest depending on what story was interesting at the time.

the ones i'm most interested first for example,
when i picked up the first of my subscriptions from islander comics i read issue 20 of CITY OF HEROES because i was interested in reading them after reading the two COH novels

Buy them on a Thursday, when they arrive at Forbidden Planet. Hold onto them dearly on the bus journey home, and then return to sit down and read whichever I pick from the bag first.

If I'm with my woman, I'll rest beside her and read em whilst she's either watching Hollyoaks or reading those Take a Break magazines with bizarre stories.

Tpb's normally wait, until I know I've got a lot of time to sit back and read em.

Usually get em on Friday, I put on my comic book reading underwear (Which is nothing), add some music, then I read from what i'm most interested in to least while my dog licks my nipples.

I read it in sections, Not the whole book at once since it takes me forever to read. But I read sections as to not take away from the speed of that scene.
I also try and imagine each character with their own voice and imagine their actions and movement implied, like it was a cartoon show.

I stagger them....I read an interesting one or two at first then I get a couple more interesting ones spaced throughout.

Usually get em on Friday, I put on my comic book reading underwear (Which is nothing), add some music, then I read from what i'm most interested in to least while my dog licks my nipples.

I regret creating this thread. Or really excited I did. Not quite sure.

I pick my books up on Thursday or Friday after work. When I get home, I read them right away. I leave trade paperbacks in my car, to read during my lunch breaks throughout the week.

I'm in Australia, so comics don't arrive until fridays here
i usually go there that afternoon/evening and get a big bundle of comics
Usually read them all that night
I save the best for last, so i put them in order from least intersting at top to most interesting at the bottom. Batman comics are usually always at the bottom :)

I usually only read comics once a well,or a chapter a day..to make it last longer.

I start with the good stuff and work my way down.

I have a weird system. I buy my comics after work on Wednesday, then I usually rummage through the bag at the first red light I catch on the way home, pick a comic I'm marginally interested in but can afford to miss/forget stuff in (usually Countdown lately), and read it at subsequent red lights and occasionally while driving. Then I pick up dinner on the way home. When I get home, I take all my comics out of the bag and organize them thus:

1) Superhero comics I'm most excited for
2) Superhero comics I'm kind of excited for or that are important to continuing arcs I'm excited for, even if I'm not excited for that particular comic or issue
3) The rest of the superhero comics I buy
4) Indie/Vertigo/Dark Horse comics I'm most excited for
5) The rest of the indie/Vertigo/Dark Horse crowd
6) The Spirit, if an issue has come out that week. I don't know why, but I always read The Spirit last. It's a quirk that just kind of happened.

Then I stick them back in the bag in that order, and as I read them I flip them over and slide them back in at the bottom of the bag upside-down. That way, when I pull a comic out and see the back cover of another comic underneath it, I know I'm on my last comic. Then I let my comics sit in the bag while I eat dinner and watch some TV. Then I wash my hands and get to the business of reading comics until I either don't feel like it anymore or have to go to sleep (it's usually about 7 or 8 p.m. by this time). I buy a lot and I read comics pretty slowly at home, so I don't get through too much of my weekly pull on Wednesday. I usually read the rest of my comics on my lunch breaks during the rest of the week or on the can when I get home from work, and I try to make sure I've read all of them from one week by the next Wednesday, when I begin the process anew.

So, yeah, my system's weird, but it works for me.

Put on some Joni Mitchell music. Light some candles. Sit on the bed. Spread my...

Wait. What thread is this again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"