• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How I Feel About Moderating...

Lightning Strykez!

Former Mod On Pension Pay
Reaction score
Whenever I log onto the Hype I feel as if I am stepping into an adventure. Don't you? As the site loads (ever so slowly at times) I often have a number of questions bouncing around my head. Here are some of them:

1.) What problems will we have to solve as a staff today? Are there new mods? We are nearing 100.

2.) Which idjits will need banning?

3.) What great posters will I need to thank for making our site such an enjoyable place to frequent?

4.) What other Moderator will I have to wrestle with to gain Mirko's ultimate powahz?

5.) What new display of awesomeness will Kel or Hunter bless us with today?

6.) What kind of fantastic thread will Chaster bring us today (and will he ever be able to top the success of his "Totem" entry?)?

7.) Will ComicChick's ever prevailing cool head finally explode from the mania that is the 15 Minutes situation?

8.) What lovvy-dovvy domestic dispute between Spoonage and Pickles will we witness today?

9.) Did Enterthemadness wear dirty sexy jeans to the gym again? Did he listen to us as his friends and finally manscape his beard?

10.) Which hot-azz (subscribed) topics from yesterday do I need to recheck for updated comments?

11.) BONUS: And finally, will I need to kick Gilpesh's azz for abusing the :awesome:?

Bottom line? Moderating has its ups and downs, but it definitely has more of the ups than you may imagine. Especially when you work with people as great as our staff is. I think that has a lot to do with it. I've enjoyed the privelege of moderating other sites in the past and none of those teams stack up as well against this one. And to that end, you guys as users are a pretty awesome bunch of folks that are (for the most part) a joy to manage. [blackout]I feel so sappy right now. :whatever:[/blackout]

Anyway, this song totally sums up my experience as a Mod on the Hype for the last few years. For some reason it rings in my ears whenever I'm logging in here to work. The video for it is equally sick and I thought you all should enjoy its righteousness (the horrific "Teddy Bears" at the end are like...freaky though). :cool:

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioG2jR-obac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioG2jR-obac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

What is the theme song(s) on your Hype Soundtrack? (and yeah, you can dedicate one to a fellow Hypester if you want...)

Last edited:
I'm just pissed I wasn't mentioned in the list. :cmad:

Would you feel better if I told you that you were No. 12? But truth be told, sooooooooo many of you guys come to my mind whenever I log on here--especially peeps from the X-boards I governed in the past, like Franklin Richards, LogansRunt, Justabill, JP, Downhere, Danoyse, you...just too many users to name.

I feel like Professor X in Cererbro (in the first two films): so many users drop into my mental view. It's sometimes hard to focus on just one.

You're still Bamf-Bamf-Baby. :heart:

Last edited:
What the hell is this thread?

How I Feel About Moderating

or

The Hype Soundtrack???

:thing: :doom: :thing:

That's okay, I don't feel left out or anything.... :csad:

LS! said:
7.) Will ComicChick's ever prevailing cool head finally explode from the mania that is the 15 Minutes situation?

haha

What the hell is this thread?

How I Feel About Moderating

or

The Hype Soundtrack???

:thing: :doom: :thing:

It's a bit of both. EDIT: For some reason a whole paragraph about my experience as a mod somehow got cut out when I went to post. You should be able to see it now.

I want to know if anyone else here has a theme song that they feel sums up the Hype experience.

Last edited:
Admit it, you really love the power trip.

Power trip?

Get flooded with post reports in your email, and kills all the fun because it feels like a job. I suspect mods are masochists. It's more fun to be a irresponsible :woot::up:

Are there really 100 of you red-lettered ****s? 100 too many.

I haven't worn dirty sexy jeans to the rec center in a while, though I do have a pair on right now.

And I'm not answering that beard question. :o it's a trap for banning. :awesome: mostly because you use manscape and not shave...

One day I'll be a mod. I just have to take out Corp. Shouldn't be hard. I'll put a cherry bomb inside a chalupa.

I made the list but he can't even spell my name right:(:(:(:(:(:(

There are a lot of e's and a's. Those are easy to get mixed up. I wouldn't take it personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"