How Important Is Music/ Score in a Movie For You?

For me, a movie score can greatly elevate the mood of a scene as well create atmosphere. It is incredibly important.

It depends, but if we speak about more fantastical films with super-heroes, dinosaurs, or just block-busters, the music is really important to me. It's somewhat mandatory that huge film has properly awesome music.

Like William's Journey to the Island themes at 1:20 and 5:07 from Jurassic Park or opening Star Wars music or Imperial March, it's really unimaginable to have those films without them.
Or Zimmer/Howard's music for The Dark Knight Trilogy, Zimmer's Inception soundtrack, or Desplate's Godzilla music, sometimes composers totally nail the music for the film and that's when you realize block-buster experience is somewhat incomplete without properly handled music.

Although this isn't music specifically, this is sound. I love that this trailer got out this way because it shows how important sound and music overall are to a film. They are, often, the unsung heroes of the film industry (pun not intended).

Very important. Scores can elevate any film if they're done well enough. Look at Suspiria, that's a film more remembered for it's score then what actually look place.

Scores are as essential to dramatic movies as acting. As others have already stated, if you remove score from a movie you’re basically emasculating it. Whether the music is memorable or not, it’s constantly playing with your emotions, making you feel a certain way. Tense, sad, angry, euphoric… the heart of a movie is almost entirely dependent on its score. Very few films can function as the director intends without a score. People like Scorcese, Tarantino or Malick may not always use original score written for their films, but still accomplish the same task using songs or classical music.

So it doesn’t matter if the music is iconic or not, it is the rare score that stands out the first time you hear it (like Star Wars). Of course, it’s nice when they make for an enjoyable album experience outside of the movie, but a score’s only real job is to elevate the images it was written to.

:eek::up:

[YT]r4GgVw4lAjM[/YT]
[YT]sv4LfRJXf5w[/YT]
[YT]2DecsH9oJeU[/YT]

Music is paramount when making a movie that requires it. There's no bigger testament to the likes of John Williams' numerous iconic pieces and what John Barry did for the Bond films.

I don't REALLY pay much attention to themes. I'm sure that they influence my experience...but I prefer for most of the music to be a subtle compliment to the film (except that I'm all in for a spectacular opening theme or action scene...like Superman or Star Wars...but I couldn't tell you the music played in Star Wars aside from the most iconic pieces).

In general, if I'm noticing a score, it's because it's so overpowering that it's taken me out of the moment...and thats not a good thing. Horror movies do this a lot because they have replaced genuine scares with jump scare musical cues.

It makes the movie for me I personally like the dark knight rises over the dark knight solely on bane's theme so yeah very important :woot:

Its important how ever story, acting, action are all more important and I would say about 98% of movies have a genic score that I never really think about and tend to forget about. Yes there are some movies where I love the score a lot of zimmer movies for example has at his worst his scores are still better then most other movies and at his best his music is amazing or John Williams and his score for star wars. There are a lot of movies where I love the movie but the score never stood out to me or any thing but when you get a movie with great music like Star wars or something the music can make a already great movie even better.

SCORE: A Film Music Documentary | Official Trailer [HD] | Gravitas Ventures | June 2017
[YT]9K6RwDM8VFE[/YT]
I'm looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"