• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

How many old comics from way back to you own?

The Punisher

Sidekick
Reaction score
Meaning from the 60's to 80's and so on, how many from a certain character do you own? I've been buying old comics since the past two years now and I have to say I have a alot. :woot:

I have:

• The Punisher series from the 80's
  • Punisher: War Journal from the 80's
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • X-men
  • The Avengers
  • Dr. Strange
  • Thor
  • Namor
  • Iron Fist
And that's pretty much it. I'm still looking around for some other old titles, but the ones I listed from way back then is what I have so far.

What about you guys?

It depends on what qualifies as old. I'd have to dig thru, I have some X-Men in the early 200's and Kitty(139), Rogue(171), and Havok's (219) welcome to the X-Men comics, and the Exit Cyclops (138) right before Kitty's welcome. A signed Christmas special where Kitty messes up the mansion lol (143).

Oldest DC issues I have are the 93 Green Arrow 1-4 issues lol.

My oldest would have to be Amazing Spiderman 130 (Hammerhead is out with the intro of the Spidey mobile, woopie :whatever:), 131 where Doc Ock tries to marry Aunt May, and 132 and 133 dealing with a fight inbetween him and a dying Molten Man. The 130 came out in March 1974.

I really don't have many old comics, most is 80's-90's stuff.

That's cool. And yeah, date wise I have mostly the 70's to the 90's. From each different title, I have alot that have great stories.

I have Amazing Spider-Man #1 to current...

:yay:

Wow, that's great. I have alot of Amazing Spider-Man, but I don't own #1. :csad:

I have a couple "funny" books from the 50's. Bugs Bunny comics, but as far as Superhero comics, my oldest is Amazing Spider-Man #129.

I got rid of alot thru my store.

The only back issues I'm holding onto right now are some of Stern's Avengers,Lobdell's Uncanny,and Claremont's Uncanny.

I stopped buying back older back issues about a year ago.

ive got some of the original invaders comics...it's where i discovered my main marvel hero union jack!!!

look out axis - here we come!!
classic!

No specific count, but I got a buncha 70s and a whole mess of 80s. Don't recall off-hand if I have any 60s, I may have one or two. I also have one from the 40s.

Mainly: Captain America, The Avengers, X-Men, Moon Knight, and a couple of piles of books running through the 40's - 80's. I also own a lot of the old Daredevil issues.

ive got some of the original invaders comics...it's where i discovered my main marvel hero union jack!!!

look out axis - here we come!!
classic!

I just got Invaders #8 at Half-Priced books for four dollars. It's probably in Very Fine condition, too.

7 boxes plus. In the early to mid-80's I collected 52 different titles ... now ... mostly TPB's of Batman and Green Lantern as well as special issues of key character's I like.

Far too many to count. Tons of Thor, Avengers, Spidey, Fantastic Four, Batman, Detective, and Justice League as well as random scattereings of other titles.

Just some of the main titles from back then:

Alpha Flight - (I have all their issues, even one-shots.)

Amazing Fantasy #15 - (First Spidey, I got for 100.00 back in the early 80's.)

Arak and Arion - (I have all of Arion, and missing 3 issues of Arak. I've been picking up a lot of the old DC comics I used to read way back when.)

Avengers #184 - Present - (Everything from Jun '79 to today, including stuff like Avenger's West Coast and Solo Avengers.)

Battlestar Galactica - (Entire Marvel series.)

Captain America #212 - Present - (Got everything from Aug. of '77, except missing 23 issues between issues 212-299.)

Champions - (Missing 5 issues; sadly, issue #1 is one of them.)

Conan the Barbarian - (Quite a few issues, starting at issue #44 from Nov. of '74. I'm looking at focusing much of my buying on this series throughout 2007. I have some good runs, like issues #75-93 and 125-166.)

Crisis on Infinite Earths and Secret Wars - (Missing two issues of Crisis and one issue of Secret Wars.)

Dazzler - (Complete Series)

Defenders #17 - Present - (Missing issues 23 and 32; but, every other Defender's title from Nov. '74 on.)

Doctor Strange - (I've been collecting his comics quite a bit in 2006. I have as far back as issue #170 from July of '68, plus issue #1 of vol. 2.)

Fantastic Four 232 - Present - (From July of '81, I have everything, except missing four issues. I do have earlier issues, too from the early 70's.)

Iron Man 133 - Present - (Got a great deal on ebay, and it filled up everything from April of '80 to present.)

Well, I guess I'll stop there. I've spent a lot of time looking from great deals in various shops and with ebay. Plus, Milehighcomics has been great at picking many old comics for 50 cents or less with their great discounts and codes. I have pretty much every single Marvel comic from 1991 to present. It's the expensive books, like Spider-Man and X-Men I'm holding off on. I really regret selling my original comic collection for a Mustang. At that time in 1986, I used to have X-Men #94 to present, Amazing Spider-Man 150 - Present, and Fantastic Four 100 - Present. I'm slowly getting those books back, but it will take quite a while. Thank God for Ebay!

wait, so I can't count my Golden Age books?

That would be ancient comic books :woot: .

Like CanaryFan said, too many to count.
Uncanny X-men 1 to whatever the current issue is, except for #350.
A lot of Journey into Mystery/Thor. A few Fantastic Four in the teens, then from about 22 or 23 (I think) on until the series was cancelled for Heroes Reborn. Avengers from about 8 or 9 through 290-something, then picked up again when Bob Harras & Steve Epting started working on it until issue 402. All of What If? first series. A lot of LSH from when they were in Adventure Comics, through Action, Superboy, & finally their own series. And lots more that I can't think of right off the top of my head.

I have X-Men #64, that's my oldest.

My actual collection starts from X-Men #133, and goes from there, both Marvel and DC.

The oldest comics I have are the Spidey ones from 1985

The oldest comics I have are the Spidey ones from 1985

Those darn Spidey titles from the 80's and very early 90's are what cost so much damn money. I want to build up my Spidey books, but the Amazing Spidey books will take a while.

The only thing I feel worth mentioning (since the rest are just random single issues from the Golden/Silver age) would be every Iron Man issue ever (including Tales of Suspense #39 and up till the current issue, including all varient covers and a large chunk of it is signed by greats like Bob Layton and John Romita Jr.).

also for good measure: Amazing Spiderman #13 (mysterio!! whoo bubble head!)

This honestly isn't a joke, but my mom used to like comics and had boxes of them. At the time tho they didn't know comics were worth anything. They were about to move into a smaller place and my Grandma made my mom give up all the comics in a yardsale, entire boxes for just 50 cents.

Later on my mom told me some of the comics she lost and me and my brothers jaw dropped lol. Like the 1st Amazing Spiderman, and some others (forget and would have to ask her), she was into Magnus the robot fighter a lot too (which I know nothing about). We went through a wizard magazine showing her the estimated amount most of them would have been worth today and the look on her face was almost pale. She went thru pointing at all the ones she had and it was quite a list.

I got some daredevils from the Miller run. I have alot of punishers from war journal, to warzone, to some summer specails. First appearance of Blackheart and Mephisto. Old X-factors from issue 11 on up. Iron fist the end of the batman/superman team up. Alot of Shazams and Black Adams, aquaman, and some really good ghost riders. I also have the origin of Swamp thing in issue 80.

i've got:
hero for hire (entire run)
nick fury: agent of shield (entire run)
journey into mystery (entire run)
fantastic four (issues 8-36, 38-156, and sandom arcs here and there)

and various ongoings and minis from about 95-current.

and if you count "e-comics", i've got every issue of every spider-man comic ever published. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"