How to get a job?

You know Saphire, don't ever feel desperate about it and at the least this is good training for later. And always be confident when you approach people.

Honestly I've never ever turned in a resume for any job that didn't require educational background beyond high school. I would walk into a place (or call) and ask if they are hiring. Ask to speak to the manager. Speak to them about the positions and then if it interests you, see if they offer you an application.

I'm a teacher so I was looking for summer "for fun" work. I went and inquired at a restaurant for a waitressing position and they asked for a resume. I thought to myself "A resume? For a summer waitressing position? Ok not." I've waitressed for six years and I don't need to dress it up on a piece of paper. In the end I walked into a cafe that does breakfast and lunch, filled out an application and got the job two days later. :confused: Psh resume.

That is quite fortunate and well done :up:

Do NOT lie on your resume. If they choose to check things out then you would just get fired. And if you're fired from a job, the next time you apply elsewhere, you have to explain why you were fired from the last one.

There's a difference between lying and making a position sound more prestigious than it actually was.

There's a difference between lying and making a position sound more prestigious than it actually was.

Well of course there are many ways to phrase things, and you SHOULD do so when it comes to "making things sound better." I'm talking about flat out lying, which is what many people in this thread have been discussing. If she completely makes something up, there's a good chance that she could get caught.

Well after I saved the world from an alien invasion, I declined the President's offer to work at the White House, which brings me to why I'm applying here at McDonalds.

Well after I saved the world from an alien invasion, I declined the President's offer to work at the White House, which brings me to why I'm applying here at McDonalds.
lmao, oh yeah, that's gonna get you a great job.

I'd buy it.:o

They don't hire minors because they'll get in trouble when they follow the manager's creed of sleeping with the female underlings. :o

Isn't that what JAL wrote down? :o

Not all recruiters are idiots.

When I was first hiring, I did not use a recruitment consultant and was recieving resumes directly and even though I did not have to sift through all of them I looked at a few and some of the titles people put made me laugh as they tried to do what you suggest but at the end of the day being Supply and Cash Manager meant nothing when you saw he was a gas station store clerk. Not that I have anything against that but for the position I was hiring for it wasd hilarious that someone with that kind of experience would apply for the position.

In any case, I just am stating there is a fine line between improving the appearance of your resume and overstating it.

What they do moreso is give them tests to see what they do know...even for penny ante jobs.

Skills Experience in the programs of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.

How could I make this look better? I'm not gonna strech it that much.

Computer skills don't matter much if you're applying to a fast food place, make the skills match the job you're applying to. Your skills in Microsoft Office don't really apply to working the grill or cash register at McDonalds.

You should just keep trying, maybe getting to know some of the people that work there so that when you ask about your application you don't seem annoying, 'cause they'll like you. but as it was already said, your main problem is going to be your age.

You should just keep trying, maybe getting to know some of the people that work there so that when you ask about your application you don't seem annoying, 'cause they'll like you. but as it was already said, your main problem is going to be your age.

i also im trying to get a job, but im only 15 so its even harder

How would you like to mow my lawn eh?

smails.jpg

Do NOT lie on your resume. If they choose to check things out then you would just get fired. And if you're fired from a job, the next time you apply elsewhere, you have to explain why you were fired from the last one.

No you don't,Besides they are not allowed to check with your previous employer,it's against the law to put someone's job in jepordy.DO NOT WRITE IN THE SPACE WHERE IT SAYS "REASON FOR LEAVIN". Leave it black or write "personal"

oh that's real smart... especially for a 16 yr old.

:rolleyes:

I do know of a few places that don't have applications and ask for resumes. And Babs you are lucky

But I did the little things Ahura Mazda said to fix it. Just how should I say I've taken two years in Spanish.

Does the resume look a little better now?

Attachments

• Resume2.doc
    25 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back