• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Dark of the Moon How to make TF3 better than the first 2 movies

Well, where to begin?

- The Decepticons have to be shown as the dominant force, at all times. Enough of this ''Optmus can beat anyone in 2 minutes crap''. The Autobots should always be the underdogs, constantly battling against the odds and this should have been constant throughout the previous movies. I think it happened once in ROTF for about 5 minutes.

- No more of Sam's parents. A small mention of how and where they are would be acceptable but it's time to cut characters. More robots, less humans for the last time Bay, please?

- Robot dialogue that we can properly understand and is not distorted or muffled and doesn't require any of the voice actors to put on really stupid voices. This is 2009, not 1985. The voices should be BAD ASS, I mean their giant fricking robots!...anyway.

- Starscream needs to be given a little storyline of his own, treachory of Megatron etc. You know where it's going. Nothing to complex though, we dont need to confuse everyone.

- No more teleportation please.

- More Soundwave...and Laserbeak!

My dream scenario:

More Autobots come to earth to aid in the battle against Megatron. As those Autobots enter earth's atmosphere and come zooming in like meteorites, Megatron transforms to tank-mode and fires on them, blasting one of them out of the sky. The falling Autobot crashes into a special-effects storage warehouse in Los Angeles and emerges from the wreckage, damaged but still alive.

As this damaged Autobot stumbles around the FX warehouse looking to assume an alt-form, we cut to a first-person view from the robot's sensors. His damaged scanners suddenly focus on a huge, full-sized animatronic prop of a tyrannosaurus rex that is stripped of its rubber skin, showing the metal plates and machinery. Cut to a close up on the Autobot's face (still showing some sparks crackling around the damage done to his head), as he says "Grimlock like!"

*movie audience goes wild*

Later, during the big climactic fight between Autobots and Decepticons, we finally see Grimlock again, running into the battle in 'bot form. When his sword is blasted out of his hand, he roars with rage and continues charging as he transforms into his robot T-rex mode. The battle is momentarily interrupted as the robots on both sides stare at the charging dinobot in a "WTF?" manner, with Bumblebee quipping "Now there's something you don't see every day." before continuing with the fight.

And of course, Grimlock then crashes into battle in an awesome display of special effects asskicking.

Well, where to begin?

- Robot dialogue that we can properly understand and is not distorted or muffled and doesn't require any of the voice actors to put on really stupid voices. This is 2009, not 1985. The voices should be BAD ASS, I mean their giant fricking robots!...anyway.

- No more teleportation please.

- More Soundwave...and Laserbeak!

Prime is a given (Cullen rocks), but the voices for Megatron, Starscream, Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe are great.

I have no problem with teleportation. It's been in TF from the beginning (Skywarp).

Laserbeak has to be there. :yay:

My dream scenario:

More Autobots come to earth to aid in the battle against Megatron. As those Autobots enter earth's atmosphere and come zooming in like meteorites, Megatron transforms to tank-mode and fires on them, blasting one of them out of the sky. The falling Autobot crashes into a special-effects storage warehouse in Los Angeles and emerges from the wreckage, damaged but still alive.

As this damaged Autobot stumbles around the FX warehouse looking to assume an alt-form, we cut to a first-person view from the robot's sensors. His damaged scanners suddenly focus on a huge, full-sized animatronic prop of a tyrannosaurus rex that is stripped of its rubber skin, showing the metal plates and machinery. Cut to a close up on the Autobot's face (still showing some sparks crackling around the damage done to his head), as he says "Grimlock like!"

*movie audience goes wild*

Later, during the big climactic fight between Autobots and Decepticons, we finally see Grimlock again, running into the battle in 'bot form. When his sword is blasted out of his hand, he roars with rage and continues charging as he transforms into his robot T-rex mode. The battle is momentarily interrupted as the robots on both sides stare at the charging dinobot in a "WTF?" manner, with Bumblebee quipping "Now there's something you don't see every day." before continuing with the fight.

And of course, Grimlock then crashes into battle in an awesome display of special effects asskicking.

:up: I think you wouldn't have to include the Grimlock like line. Simply because once the audience sees the T-Rex they'll know immediately who it is.

But that would be an awesome scenario to see. If only Bay intended to use the Dinobots though. :csad:

Heres hoping that one of the things discussed at the Hasbro meeting was the inclusion of the Dinobots. Would love to see them all show up. The Autobots could definitely use the backup considering some of the troops they have.

*Thinks of the tard twins and throws up alittle*

I want them to keep Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe. Then bring in Prowl, Wheeljack, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus and Grimlock.

I hope more G1 voice actors come in. And Michael Bay uses them to the fullest.
I think they managed to rope in the G1 voice for Arcee didnt they? And she had what... 1 line?

Two lines and a scream actually. More than Welker got for Soundwave. :(

What are you talking about? Soundwave got more than Arcee.

Keep in mind I know absolutely nothing about the TF universe aside from the movies and one of the old shows on Cartoon Network with the big bad Unicron.

I think a reveal that the Fallen's motive to revive Cybertron and repopulate it with 'bots was a plan to defend the universe against the menace of Unicron would add a bit of depth. Because you have the Autobots who are the heroes, and then you learn that they really stepped in it by being overzealous about bringing down the Fallen.

So you can have them wondering about their true roles as heroes with this huge cosmic threat looming over everything.

What are you talking about? Soundwave got more than Arcee.
he had two lines.

"Soundwave acknowledges." and "Decepticons mobilize." I'm counting the scream cause it is technically recorded dialogue.

Soundwave was on the phone with Sam's mum. He also talked to Wheelie when he was following Mikaela. :yay:

Oh **** that right. The part with sam's mom I forgot cause you can't make out what the hell hes' saying, at least I couldn't. The part with Wheelie admit that I did forget but in my defense I go into a coma-like trance whenever I see Wheelie or the tard twins.

I hope more G1 voice actors come in. And Michael Bay uses them to the fullest.
I think they managed to rope in the G1 voice for Arcee didnt they? And she had what... 1 line?

I believe Arcee was voiced by someone else actually. But on the topic of original VA's, if Shockwave is introduced, I'd love to see them bring back Corey Burton. I also wouldn't mind seeing Dan Gilvezan brought back to voice Bumblebee if he gets any actual dialogue.

Susan Blu was Arcee in the cartoon. In ROTF it's Grey DeLisle.

Corey Burton can do all the voices. He's that good. :woot:

They gotta get Nolan North in this too.

Last edited:
I actually thought we would've had a bit more info on it by now, surely some casting or ideas they are thinking of?

More focus on the Autobots and Decepticons. It is called "Transformers" after all.

I think everything from RotF will just be a government cover-up. That will make sense.

Reboot in 2012 with an adaptation of the latest War Fir Cybertron game

Reboot in 2012 with an adaptation of the latest War Fir Cybertron game

I dunno if it would necessarily need to be based on WFC (particularly since the game hasn't even come out yet), and I dunno if it would pass muster with Hasbro because there'd be no humans or real-world vehicles involved at that point (plus there's the whole 'robots in disguise' argument, although with some creativity I think even that doesn't have to be a problem for a pre-Earth story).

As it is, I don't see a reboot (or for that matter, a Bay-less TF film of any kind) happening unless the TF3 we're gonna get bombs; I know right now Bay's talking about a more character-driven (in terms of robots), less-explosive TF3...but, of course, this IS the same guy who can be seen in the behind-the-scenes footage on the TF2 DVD telling Devastator's designer that he'd like to see a pair of wrecking-ball testicles, snickering as he says this...:cmad:

As it is, I don't see a reboot (or for that matter, a Bay-less TF film of any kind) happening unless the TF3 we're gonna get bombs; I know right now Bay's talking about a more character-driven (in terms of robots), less-explosive TF3...but, of course, this IS the same guy who can be seen in the behind-the-scenes footage on the TF2 DVD telling Devastator's designer that he'd like to see a pair of wrecking-ball testicles, snickering as he says this...:cmad:

I kinda of doubt he'll continue directing past part 3. Though I could see him sticking around for a TF4 in a producer capacity while one of those Platinum Dunes directors pick up the reigns.

But I don't think the idea of a reboot is entirely that far fetched. The negative reaction to ROTF will hurt TF3's box office to a certain extent. Depending on what the state of the film franchise is, I wouldn't be surprised to see them decide to reboot. And considering how they reboot the toyline every few years, Hasbro might even want one.

OMFG, theres too many reboots! just give us a good sequel to a movie that isnt worhsiped for once, and ill be happy, but no reboot, then people are like, wtf happened to foc and shia and all those guys from the first two?

i want to see unciron blow someehting up, and just an idea, have half the move taken place on cybertron and the other half on earth, theres story that could fit but im too tired to think up oe right now

If after TF3, they go for a War For Cybertron kind of story, it wont be a reboot will it... more like a prequel....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"