• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jessica Jones How will the writers' strike affect Season 2?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Are the scripts already written or will things go downhill after the first few episodes due to the strike?

Are the scripts already written or will things go downhill after the first few episodes due to the strike?

I'm not sure, typically with tv shows they'll have written the first few episodes by the time filming starts and keep writing as filming continues. It's plausible for netflix to have the episode scripts ready for filming ahead of that, but doubtful since a lot of things can happen during filming that requires rewrites and you want all your writers available for that. Plus the claim that Iron Fist was rushed would also support that type of schedule.

It is worth noting that unlike most tv networks, Netflix's release schedule is extremely flexible. TV feels the need for premieres and finales to air on certain dates when most people are likely to be watching. So Netflix could put production on hold and push back the release date since they care more about binge watching than first day ratings. The downside is that the cast and crew are not paid if production is on hold. Plus actors may have other jobs lined up for when production was originally suppose to wrap.

Since JJ is already in production it's tough to say how far along the writing is and how much they can film before they need more scripts. Since they just started production this month (I think previous series filming went on for 5 months, though I'm not sure) it doesn't look good depending on how long the strike lasts. DD season 3 shouldn't be effected since I don't believe they've start production yet it makes it easier to reschedule to account for the strike.

Looks like it was avoided. If it happened and the strike ruined Typhoid Mary, that would be unforgivable since she's one of Marvel's best villains.

So what happens if these writers still ruin Typhoid Mary especially after how bad Luke Cage's brother turned out ?

I'll rage as hard as I did about Fantastic Four and Iron Fist.

I still want the FF to return to Marvel and for Marvel to fire Scott Buck from Iron Fist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"