Huge python makes a meal of 11 guard dogs

Sam Fisher

Heavy Meddle
Reaction score
2007_01_26t095821_363x450_us_malaysia_python.jpg

Huge python makes a meal of 11 guard dogs

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 26 (Reuters Life!) - Guard dogs protecting a fruit orchard in Malaysia have met their match -- a 7.1-metre-long (23-ft-long) python that swallowed at least 11 hounds before it was finally discovered by villagers.

"I was shocked to see such a huge python," orchard-keeper Ali Yusof told the New Straits Times in an article published beneath a picture of the captured snake, which was almost long enough to span the width of a tennis court and as thick as a tree trunk.
Villagers did not harm the snake, which was tied to a tree then handed to wildlife officials, the paper said on Friday.

Python 11
Dogs 0

To bad you can't train a Python to be a gaurdian.

Why does an orchard need 11 guard dogs?

did the other dogs just stand there waiting to be eaten :confused:

Eleven?!

Given the tenacity and viciousness of any dog, let alone a guard dog, I find it hard to concieve of a python killing and swallowing one, let alone eleven.

I think it was one at a time for 11 occasions, which still says something about the dogs.

I think it was one at a time for 11 occasions, which still says something about the dogs.

I realise that, but even so.....pretty dumb dogs.

You know, if you are chased by a python, the way to escape it is to run zigzag fashion? And if you can't escape it, lie down, let it swallow your legs, and when it gets to your waste, stab it with a knife.

Well if you think about it, every guard dog I have ever seen confronts the intruder, coming in close proximity. Once it's close enough for the snake to bite it and hold on, it's over.

You know, if you are chased by a python, the way to escape it is to run zigzag fashion? And if you can't escape it, lie down, let it swallow your legs, and when it gets to your waste, stab it with a knife.

Thanks GOD I read this before I booked my trip! :eek:

jag

I realise that, but even so.....pretty dumb dogs.

I don't know if I could calmy lie down while something is swallowing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"