Hype Fantasy Football League Times 2?

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
Hey Sportsfans,

So MoB is running the Hype Fantasy Football League and it's full. I'd like to still be able to get a Fantasy Season in with my Hype buddies and I was just curious if there was enough interest from enough players to get a second league going. I'd love to be in one though I don't have a clue how to actually run one, so I'm just curious if there's any interest out there. I'd love to get another one going so we can all enjoy the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure there will be. Perhaps we could go Premier League/FLC with it, with the winner of SHHFFL2 being given an invite into the SHHFFL next year.

That could be a good thing if the Official league has so many return players and grudges and all that. It could give everyone a place to play but allow the main grudges and such to play out (which is part of the fun) in the official league. I'm okay with that.

I'm PMing people I'm close with and put an invite in the NFL thread, but if you or anyone else knows anyone who'd be interested feel free to pass the word. As I said in post 1, I've never started a league before but I'm sure I could figure it out. If we can get someone interested to play who KNOWS how to actually run a fantasy football league that'd be a lot better.

Thanks for the PM, JH. I would be down to be in the second league. I have actually never done fantasy football before but have always been interested in doing it. I'm also a big football fan so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. :cwink:

No problem. I started watching football only 3 seasons ago and was curious about Fantasy. Then last year a friend from church started a small league so I joined to try it out. I was addicted! Not only that but it helped me learn so much about the NFL outside of my home team that I now feel like less of a newb and more like an actual football fan. I was dying to play again this year but the lady isn't starting another one and I don't really have many competative friends who would really be active in a league. So that's why I'm hear. I figure if we can get AT LEAST 8, then we can have a good season.

If we can get that then I'll look into starting a new one, if he can, maybe with MoB or someone more knowlegable's help. I'd like to keep the structure of the season the same as the "Official" League so to make it easier to go from one to the other if that's okay with him.

I've never done it; but, my son and I would be willing to give it a try.

We've had a second league in the past. I played in both. I will play in this league, if you need an extra player. Obviously if it comes down to me and someone else, I'm already in the first SHHFFL, so give it to them, but I'm definitely up for playing in a second league if you need an extra man.

Wonderful! I also have two others who would like to play, Witchking (aka my neighbor) and his wife (who would need a screen name).

Phaed... would your son like to play seperate from you or are you playing together as one player?

So what's the max amount of players that would be ideal for a good game? I've been advised that 12 is about the highest I'd want to go before it gets to be too much and good picks too scarce. Does this sound about right?

So far we're sitting at:

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife
8. Matt

I would be willing to do this league as well, i just think it would be better to have new people in this league.

I agree. I'll likely keep it open for new players and then if there's extra spots to fill then some of you guys can have the spots. If we do what you suggested and have this as a bit of a lead-in to the official league then what we can do is whichever new player who does the best not counting people already IN the official league can then be approached to possibly join the Official League next season.

But before anything like that is really discussed I'd rather wait for MoB to chime in since he is running he Official League.

Update

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife

"Official" Players
1. Matt
2. StorminNorman

Awesome! We definately have enough to get the season going. I sent out a few more invites so I'll give it a couple more days before starting the actual organization of it in case a few more want to trickle in. I figure once it comes to that point I'll start an official thread for the League and all that. I'm hoping for 12 players so we'll see if we get it.

It's been years since I have played FF, and that was the only time I've ever done it. I'll give it another shot here.

Awesome guys! That brings our total to 9 new players and 2 from the Official League. My target is 12 players. There's still 3 slots left being that Matt and Norman are playing only if there's room after new players sign up. If there's enough interest I can go up to 16 players but I'd prefer 12.

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife
8. Poeman
9. E-Man

"Official" Players
1. Matt
2. StorminNorman

I'm down. Never played fantasy before but I think it'll be fun. Thanks for the invite.

Awesome. Last year was my first time and I was blown away. It was loads of fun.

Anyhow, 2 more slots left unless we get an influx of newbies wanting to play by the end of tomorrow. In that case I'll extend the number to 16.

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife
8. Poeman
9. E-Man
10. Holiday

"Official" Players
1. Matt
2. StorminNorman

Awesome. Welcome aboard GL.

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife
8. Poeman
9. E-Man
10. Holiday
11. Green Lantern

"Official" Players
1. Matt
2. StorminNorman

I would like to join if there's any room left. I was originally supposed to be in the main one, but declined due to my busy schedule. Now that things are starting to settle down, I can participate.

I'll leave sign ups open for now and see if there's enough interest for 16 teams. All it'd take is one more person to sign up. I think I'd like to top it off there though. So if 2 or 3 more people sign up then we'll have to drop Matt and Norman.

1. JewishHobbit
2. SpideyInATree
3. Spider-Fan
4. Phaedrus45
5. CalebYourMaster
6. Witchking
7. Witchking's Wife
8. Poeman
9. E-Man
10. Holiday
11. Green Lantern
12. vindrow
13. NewYorkSpider

"Official" Players
1. Matt
2. StorminNorman

If we need a 16th player, drop Hunter Rider a PM. I bet he'd have fun with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"