• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hype! Idol: Week Four - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Bamfer

Big, Bald and Beautiful
Reaction score
HypeIdolOfficialLogo.jpg

After the most challenging night on Hype! Idol yet, our contestants are dreading the shocking results. Who'll leaving Hype!wood?

THIS... IS HYPE! IDOL!

Those brave performers had to leave their comfort zone and sing songs on last night's show that were chosen for them, all the while having no idea who chose it. But they'll soon find out.

Who will be eliminated tonight? It's a surprise - but it's not the only one. :ninja:

The results after this!

Hype! Idol! is brought to you by Appliance Direct...

[YT]CgxcYz5cLN8[/YT]

Welcome back to Hype! Idol!

A bad song choice can really affect a performance. And the song-choosers this week were permitted to choose songs that would help or hurt their competition. What they didn't know is that they would be rewarded extra votes by our judges based upon how well their choices suited the performers they were responsible for. The least amount of votes a participant could receive is 0 while the maximum is 6.

The following reveals who chose the songs and how many added votes they will receive.

JP chose knowsbleed's song. The judges awarded him 5 additional votes.
Knowsbleed chose ObakeTora's song. The judges awarded him 5 additional votes.
Majik1387 chose JP's song. The judges awared him 5 additional votes.
ObakeTora chose Shlee's song. The judges awarded him 4 additional votes.
Shlee chose Star's song. The judges awarded her 3 additional votes.
Star chose Majik1387's song. The judges awarded her 1 additional vote.

One twist just wasn't enough this week, was it?

The results!

Star, you sang Mandy Moore‘s I Wanna Be With You. chosen for you by Shlee.

Spoons thought it was "a tad short".
Bella thinks "you have a sweet voice".
Erz said he could "almost see it. Energy".

The Results:
The voters must have not seen the potential energy because you are in our bottom three this week.

JP, you sang The Beatles‘ Hey Jude, chosen for you by Majik1387.

Spoons "loved" it.
Bella "didn’t quite like it".
Erz thought "you were off key".

The Results:
The voters agreed with Spoons, you‘ve made it to the next week.

Shlee, you sang Patrice Rushen’s Forget Me Nots, chosen for you by ObakeTora.

Spoons said it was "fantastic".
Bella "love[d] it".
Erz "wishe[d] you recorded more".

The Results:
The Hype! Would like to hear more as well, you are not in the bottom three.

Majik1387, you sang Britney Spears‘ I‘m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, chosen for you by Star.

Spoons requested that you "don’t do it again".
Bella thought "you sound[ed] bored".
Erz "felt no energy".

The Results:
The Community voted and you are in the bottom three this week.

Two left. Who's the last spot in our bottom three?

ObakeTora, you sang Stevie Wonder’s I Never Dreamed You’d Leave in Summer ,chosen for you by knowsbleed.

Spoons said it was a “great job”.
Bella thinks “you are da bomb“.
Erz said you “lucked out“.

Knowsbleed, you sang City high‘s What Would You Do[/I[, chosen for you by JP.

Spoons wants you to “keep it up, dawg”.
Bella “like[d] your tone”.
Erz thought it was “better than what you have previously submitted”.

The Results:
ObakeTora, the community didn‘t think you exploded last night because you are in our bottom three.

The Bottom Three: Star, Majik1387, ObakeTora.

As you know, two of you will be joining the other three to move onto next week. One of you, of course, will not. One of those two will be:

ObakeTora.

In the past weeks, both of these folks have had a decent fan-following. I'm sure there will be some unpleased Community-goers and/or Dragonball fans when the eliminated is announced. But we'll have to wait till after the break.

Hype! Idol! is brought to you by Montgomery Flea Market...

[YT]FJ3oHpup-pk[/YT]

It's about time to find out who's leaving home, eh?

Star, Majik1387 - you've both been in the bottom set of contestants before, so, you must be getting used to it by now. Almost standard procedure, eh?

What? I was just wondering... :whatever:

Alright, this stage has a weight limit and we're exceeding it - it's time to kick one of you off.

The fourth person to be eliminated from Hype! Idol is...

Majik1387.

Unfortunately, Colossal Spoons and DBella could not be present to comment on Monster's elimination. However, they will be given the chance to post their reactions upon their arrival.

Erzengel has a few words.

Erzengel: "Majik, I was pulling for you, I thought it was too soon for you to go home. You were one of the better performers. :down :csad:"

Majik1387, can you end the show and your run on Hype! Idol with a final performance?

Majik1387's Goodbye

And that's it for now. Come back next week when you'll get the oppurtunity to see two sides of our performers. Bamfer out. :o

Funny how I thought I was on certain ppl's ignore lists...

Putting others down doesn't make up for the fact that you were eliminated.

I will not tolerate disrespect in my competition.

Nope!

I would have kept you on it, except oh, you go around trash talking me when I'm not even around, so I'd prefer to see what you say. Also apparently trash talking REPEATEDLY is in fact tolerated in this competition, as far as I can see!

I can just hear JP now. "Oh, HELL no!"

Nope!

I would have kept you on it, except oh, you go around trash talking me when I'm not even around, so I'd prefer to see what you say. Also apparently trash talking REPEATEDLY is in fact tolerated in this competition, as far as I can see!
Where? :huh:
Eh. I said my bit and I'm done.

Shlee for H!I winner!:up:

I'm.... Really sad to see you go, Majik. And as for trash talking repeatedly, I never saw it. But who knows. o_O;;

Just keep singing, we all know you're one of the best singers in this competition, but this week's song was just not it for you, and I think we both know that as well.

You know I :heart: you, Majik man. Stick with it. :)

And thanks for the vote of confidence. :p

I never really liked competition, this is something I do for fun that brings me joy. I know I havent posted here much but Im sorry to see you go Majik, ehh, it takes guts to do what we all do. hey I'm amiss that I'm in the bottom 3 because I started listening to that song and singing it after my first love did what she did, and she did leave in summer. I would get drunk all day and listen to that song just to get over her during the summer of 1994, which coincidentally was the worse year of my life. I'm curious Knowsbleed whyd you pick that one for me? I was shocked. As for Shlee, I picked that one because I always imagined her singing it. I thought her voice would redefine Patrice Rushen's song. You rock Shlee keep doing what you do homeslice ;)

Arigatou gozaimasu, ObakeTora-san. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back