• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HYPE Super Bowl XLVII thread!!!!!! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatched the game. The officiating was even worse than I thought.

Jacoby Jones kickoff TD was sprung by a DOUBLE holding by the Ravens at the 30 yard line.

Ed Reed was clearly offsides on the 49ers' failed two point conversion.

Bottom line: the Baltimorons have the 49ers Super Bowl trophy and the NFL owes the Niners a letter of apology.

Aw, the whine of the loosing team....gotta love that sound, happens every year about this time, I'm sure if you watch the game again you will see one of the assistant coaches of the 49ers run and turn the lights off.... :dry:

Aw, the whine of the loosing team....gotta love that sound, happens every year about this time, I'm sure if you watch the game again you will see one of the assistant coaches of the 49ers run and turn the lights off.... :dry:

The Ratbirds and their MVP, Jerome Boger, can take their stolen trophy, turn it sideways, and...well, this is a family friendly site, but you know the rest. :cwink:

The Ratbirds and their MVP, Jerome Boger, can take their stolen trophy, turn it sideways, and...well, this is a family friendly site, but you know the rest. :cwink:

Apparently you lost a lot of money on this one.....so sorry.

Apparently you lost a lot of money on this one.....so sorry.

I didn't bet or take a drink on Sunday, I just love my team and breathe fire when they are treated unfairly.

Whambulance.gif

Holy **** I cant believe you left Aaron Rodgers off of that list.
Oversight. :o

Eli is not even close to elite. He's good, and that's it. He's had a couple of clutch playoff runs (on a defensive team), but he's only had one All Pro type season in 9 years. He disappears for several games at a time and the more the Giants lean on the passing game, the more error prone he is.

Seconded.

You mean the same defensive team that was ranked 27th the year they won?

The same year they leaned on him with a the lowest ranked rushing offense.

The same year he almost threw for 5,000 yards and broke the single post season record for passing?

I said this after they won last year, I don't care about attaching "elite" status to him. He's done a lot. But to think that he doesn't make his team competitive every year? Ridiculous. Bringing a team to a Super Bowl can't be done with a Dilfer or Johnson anymore. The last 10 years have shown that.

I'm gonna be using this pic for every Steelers' loss next season... Bwahahahahahahaa... :woot; :woot: :woot:

:cwink:

I don't blame the refs when we lose. I blame our coaching staff and players, the people who deserve blame. Fact is, San Fran should've never been in that game to begin with with the way that they played in the first half. Through the good graces of John Harbaugh and the Ravens' mediocre second half, they stayed in it. The refs didn't cost the Niners that game. The Niners being unable to compete with the Ravens on any level in the first half cost the Niners the game.

At the end of the day, bad reffing aside... and I'm sure there were no-calls on both ends that could have benefited the 49ers, though I didn't see as many flagrant ones... the 49ers didn't get the job done when they had the ball on the 7 yard line at the end of the game.

Matt knows me... Matt knows my 32 year passion for the 49ers... I'm still bitter that they lost the game... the defense played the worst first half of the season, allowing lob balls thrown by Flacco to be caught... unheard of this year... but it happened...

And IN SPITE of the bad first half, they still took control of the game and PUT THEMSELVES IN A POSITION TO WIN... but they didn't.

I'm angry about the loss, but to blame bad officiating is just being a bad loser.

They lost the game because the failed to get into the end zone when they had the opportunity... and I blame that more on bad play calling than a bad non-call. Jim should have pounded the ball in, or let Kaep try and run it in... the Ravens defense was tired... and there was plenty of time on the clock for running/QB scarmble plays...

The better team lost the game... but by their own design.

There. I said it.

End of story.

:csad:

Last edited:
I don't blame the refs when we lose. I blame our coaching staff and players, the people who deserve blame.

I'm still gonna use that pic whiner... :oldrazz: :oldrazz: :oldrazz:

And at no point in time did I ever blame this loss on officiating.

:yay:

Does any team lose because they weren't the better team any more? :huh:

At the end of the day, bad reffing aside... and I'm sure there were no-calls on both ends that could have benefited the 49ers, though I didn't see as many flagrant ones... the 49ers didn't get the job done when they had the ball on the 7 yard line at the end of the game.

Matt knows me... Matt knows my 32 year passion for the 49ers... I'm still bitter that they lost the game... the defense played the worst first half of the season, allowing lob balls thrown by Flacco to be caught... unheard of this year... but it happened...

And IN SPITE of the bad first half, they still took control of the game and PUT THEMSELVES IN A POSITION TO WIN... but they didn't.

I'm angry about the loss, but to blame bad officiating is just being a bad loser.

They lost the game because the failed to get into the end zone when they had the opportunity... and I blame that more on bad play calling than a bad non-call. Jim should have pounded the ball in, or let Kaep try and run it in... the Ravens defense was tired... and there was plenty of time on the clock for running/QB scarmble plays...The better team lost the game... but by their own design.

There. I said it.

End of story.

:csad:

I'm still angry at harbaugh for this...RUN THE DAMNED BALL

and i agree with every post you typed..those refs:cmad:

IM SO ANGRY

Ratings for Super Bowl XVII coming in as the 3rd highest show ever.

Behind last years and the year before.

I know a Super Bowl will always be a ratings winner.

Wondering what a Jaguars vs. Panthers Super Bowl would do.

Culliver was obviously out of his head, and it showed on the field. The back end of our D looked bad, and most of that is on Chris.

the reason Niner fans are livid with the officiating. A Raven shoved an official...and didn't draw a flag. The rule book says he should have been ejected. Ray Lewis PUNCHED Delanie Walker after the whistle...no flag. On Jacoby Jones' return, he raced right through Bruce Miller's lane...while Miller was being held by two Ravens... no flag, hell stevie wonder could have seen that.

But the killer is this: Chris Culliver is flagged for PI on a play where he did largely the same thing that Jimmy Smith did to Crabtree.the only difference? Culliver was turned and looking for the ball. Smith just grabbed Crabtree's jersey and wouldn't let go.

WE ARENT WHINING...ITS THE FACTS

Last edited:
I don't think I can defend the Raven shoving the official.

But for the rest you have the luxury of replay.

Officials don't. The last play was pretty much a bang, bang play, and could you see right away that it was holding? And yes, turning your head can be the difference in a PI call.

And there was at least one call that the 49ers got away with, hitting Flacco when he was going out of bounds

i don't think i can defend the raven shoving the official.

But for the rest you have the luxury of replay.

Officials don't. The last play was pretty much a bang, bang play, and could you see right away that it was holding? And yes, turning your head can be the difference in a pi call.

and there was at least one call that the 49ers got away with, hitting flacco when he was going out of bounds

totally right about that hit

I'm sure all fans can empathize.

But, it seems like there was a "Let them play" feel to the game. The game didn't get out of hand after that initial brawl. I think they were only calling egregious penalties.

All this talk about the refs but what about the electricians???

Without the momentum killing black out the Ravens could've kept at least a 14 point lead into the 4th quarter. The Ravens were running on pure adrenaline the first half but by the end of the black out those adrenaline levels were fully depleted.

Both teams had advantages but at the end of the day the Ravens came out on top.

49ers fans need to stop. That so called non call at the end of the game. Both players had their hands all over each other, not too mention that ball was borderline uncatchable. They didn't call it because it shouldn't have been called plain and simple. How come no one has complained about the ridiculously blatant holding against the 49ers on one of their biggest runs towards the end of the game. There's always calls that will be missed. 49ers lost because someone forgot to tell them to play the first half plain and simple. Get over it

Oversight. :o

You mean the same defensive team that was ranked 27th the year they won?

The same year they leaned on him with a the lowest ranked rushing offense.

The same year he almost threw for 5,000 yards and broke the single post season record for passing?

I said this after they won last year, I don't care about attaching "elite" status to him. He's done a lot. But to think that he doesn't make his team competitive every year? Ridiculous. Bringing a team to a Super Bowl can't be done with a Dilfer or Johnson anymore. The last 10 years have shown that.

Sure it can; Eli is recent proof of that. The first time the Giants played the Pats in the SB, Eli was having such a mediocre year that the NY media was wondering if he was even NFL caliber. An elite QB goes a long way, but it's not as essential as team cohesion. The catalyst of the Giants 2 SB wins was a DL who never let Tom Brady get a rhythm.

There isn't a QB who has ever played who couldn't be made to look mediocre if he got hurried, hit, and sacked often enough--not even Joe Montana.

At least when the 2013 season starts, we won't have to hear Ray Lewis do this. After watching him do it after every game in the last few years, win or lose, the drama queen stuff is old.

Sure it can; Eli is recent proof of that. The first time the Giants played the Pats in the SB, Eli was having such a mediocre year that the NY media was wondering if he was even NFL caliber. An elite QB goes a long way, but it's not as essential as team cohesion. The catalyst of the Giants 2 SB wins was a DL who never let Tom Brady get a rhythm.

There isn't a QB who has ever played who couldn't be made to look mediocre if he got hurried, hit, and sacked often enough--not even Joe Montana.
I guess you completely overlooked the 2011 stats with a 27th ranked defense and a LAST ranked rushing offense.

65% Pass Completions, over 1,200 yards (BREAKING a record) 9 TD, 1 INT, in the post season. Those are pretty outstanding numbers.
:huh:

In the Super Bowl, throwing for almost 300 yards, 30 completions out of 40 passes and a TD?

Saying Eli is in the same category after 2 Super Bowl wins with Dilfer and Johnson is just misguided and misinformed.

49ers fans complaining about that last play in the Super Bowl is ironic to the point of being comical considering what Navarro Bowman did to Roddy White on the last play of the NFC Championship game.

That is why I like being a Cowboy fan....we don't whine about the officiating, we get on talk radio Monday morning and crucify our own players....that is how its done.

Jerry Jones has his bi-weekly interview or something?

How come fans don't call him and tell him to hire a real GM? :huh:

And you know...let his HC, coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"