Hype Survivor Hype Survivor 29: Spy vs Spy - Day Five: You Know My Name

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score

Hello Spies, and welcome to Day Five. Let us begin the day by mourning our fallen. GreenKToo was brutually gunned down by the White Spies. He barely got to know the game before being shown the door. Such is the plight of rookies in this game I suppose. I wouldn't know, I made Final Four my first game but I'm sure some of you have trouble. :oldrazz:

Anyhow, moving on, here are the rules for your review. But beyond that MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY AS THERE WILL NOT BE A PM TODAY!"

The Rules:

Twenty four spies. Two tribes. One Survivor.

Each 'day' is marked by a new challenge. Days in this game can last anywhere from ten minutes to one week. Each tribe will receive team challenges (instructions for challenges will be explained for each challenge). Challenges can be anything from basic trivia, to various games, to photo editing competitions. Judgment and scoring of challenges will vary depending on the challenge and will be explained in the challenge PM. The tribe who wins the challenge will receive immunity. The tribe who loses the challenge will go to tribal council.

Tribal council is simple. Each player receives on vote, you vote out the person you want to remove from the game. Majority vote wins. Once you are voted out, you no longer play the game and for all intents and purposes lose. Ties at tribal council will be broken by special challenges.

At some point the tribes will be merged into one tribe. Only the hosts will know about this day until the time it actually comes. Once tribes merge, challenges will be played for individual immunity at tribal council. In other words, you’re on your own.

Hype! Survivor is a game of both strategy and deception. Alliances are both permitted, and encouraged. Masterminding and forethought are the keys to success. On a side note: alliances can be with any of the 26 players... doesn't matter who they are... doesn't matter what tribes they're on... just make sure it's someone you trust... or not. As the old saying goes: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

The final Jury will be composed of 7 people: everyone voted off from the remaining nine players who didn't make the finals. The Jury and only the Jury will vote FOR WHO THEY THINK SHOULD WIN of the final two remaining players to find the winner of the Hype! Survivor.

A note on cheating: It's very easy to cheat in this game. Very, very easy. Some of the rounds will be much more difficult to cheat at than others (some will be downright impossible to cheat on). Regardless, hosts have ways of catching you, and sometimes will even set up traps for you. If you feel you have to cheat in an internet game, by all means, go ahead... but if you're caught, you WILL be penalized. Again, specific rules of what's legal or not will be in each challenge PM.

This game will bring a couple new elements into the game. Firstly are reward challenges. Most challenges will include a built on side challenge that is entirely optional but winning it will give you or your tribe a reward of various types and sizes. These are separate from immunity challenges and are not required, but could be very useful.

This game will also feature the return of the hidden immunity idol. There is an immunity idol is hidden somewhere on the Hype. If you find it, it can be used in any tribal council prior to the revelation of votes. If you use it, you are safe from being voted out at that tribal council and all votes against you will be discarded. Once it is used, the user loses it and it will be hidden somewhere else on the Hype. It can be used any time until the final five tribal council. Once you’re in the final four, it is dead. Clues to the location will be the reward in alternating reward challenges. They will be given to your tribe captain and it is their choice as to whether or not they’d like to share them.

Starting with Day 2, Tribe Captains are to be announced in your tribe forum prior to the start of every challenge. They, and only they can submit your tribe’s official challenge submission. The same player cannot be captain twice in a row.

Once a submission is made in your tribe's forum or by PM, it is final. No editting of the submission or resubmission will be accepted, regardless of how much time remains until the deadline.

Finally, each tribe has a mole within it. This player is a double agent for the other tribe and will secretly vote in their tribe’s tribal council. For example, there is a member of the Black Tribe in the White Tribe. Despite being a member of the White Tribe and being able to be voted out of the White Tribe, they can secretly vote in the Black Tribe’s and only the Black Tribe’s tribal council. Likewise, there is a member of the White Tribe in Black and they have the same voting privileges. Now your job as a tribe is to root out this traitor and vote them out. If the spies make it to the merge, they will receive a HUGE clue as to the location of the hidden immunity idol as well as all other clues given up until that point.

These rules are subject to change at any time with absolutely no warning. They are more of guidelines for the game. Specific rules for each challenge will be issued via Challenge PM.

Assume everything is Eastern Time Zone.

j5i1j4-2.png

As I said, there will not be a PM today. Everything you need for today's challenge can be found in the thread.

First, I'd like you to all view this:

Anyone who has ever seen a James Bond movie is familiar with the famous opening credit sequences complete with theme songs.

Your job is simple, create a ballad of this nature for your spy. You must write COMPLETELY ORIGINAL LYRICS, set them to some sort of music (whether its something you compose or an already exisiting track does not matter), and then record one of your tribe members singing it (or you can outsource the singing to another Hypester but if you do, you must give them credit).

Sound easy? Here's the rub.

First, the song must be AT LEAST one minute and thirty seconds long.

Second, your song must be for a pop culture spy who does not already have a theme song. Jack Bauer, Chuck, Solid Snake, Jason Bourne, etc. Be creative. Creativity will be key in this challenge.

Once you have your song and music recorded (keep in mind, the song and music must be on the same track. The singing must be set to the music), you must upload the file to Sendspace or Fileshare or some free download service and post a link. It will then be judged by a special panel of Hype Survivor judges.

You will be judged on two criteria, creativity in making your song and music (or in selecting your music), and musical quality. IE, how good your music, singing, and song all are.

As always, attempts to find or influence judges will result in disqualification.

As for your reward challenge, you must take your song, and make it a music video for the spy you have selected. Then upload that video onto Youtube. Judgement of the video will be reserved for Hunter and I. This reward challenge will let you pick from the Intersect.

You have 72 hours for your captain to create a thread containing the links to your music file and youtube video. So, you have until 4 PM est time on Thursday to get them posted.

Good luck spies.

Because I was not clear about the reward challenge, it should be noted that it will be judged not on quality of the song but on incorporation of the song into video form and how well it reflects the character you've chosen. And the video must be the full length of the song, so 1.5 minutes at least, as well.

Good thing I have Thom Yorke on speed dial.

matt you made final 4 first game? impressive

i made final 3 :)

:argh: You're lucky you're one of my favoritest allies or I'd give you such a talkin' to ;)

It is an odd coincidence that we get a song writing challenge the day I watch a movie about song writing?

For the record, Once is very good :up:

matt you made final 4 first game? impressive

i made final 3 :)

You're in good company, nemesis :cwink:

he plays them in his bar during happy hour

It is an odd coincidence that we get a song writing challenge the day I watch a movie about song writing?

You're in good company, nemesis :cwink:

I made final two...just saying. :o

I must say Matt, this has been a fun challenge :heart:

Once is pretty good. It kind of one of those "Life imitating art/art imitating life" situations. But still good.

The soundtrack is incredible!

The soundtrack makes the movie! The songs in the film are wonderful and makes a film with numerous technical errors and a story that is like a lot of other films into an outstanding film to watch! The music heavily elevates the film, and they deserved that Oscar they won for Falling Slowly :up:

Tsk, tsk. The "mighty," Black Spies seem to only excel at two things, trivia and *****ing. If only they spent less time on the latter they may have actually y'know, turned something in. At any rate, they have missed the deadline. Had they asked for an extension I would've gladly given one, but here we are, an hour later, and I've heard nothing from them. I have no choice but to declare the White Spies the winners of both the Immunity and Reward Challenges!

Black Spies, I've got two things for you, a trip to Tribal Council, and this awesome picture:

Lazenby.jpg

Here's what you guys would've gone up against had you actually submitted:

Very impressive White Spies, and lovely singing from Star :up:

Yes, but at least my Lazenby picture is awesome. :woot:

At any rate, I think we need to do something about this:

Obviously this cannot be in effect for the tribal council, however...

FROM THIS POINT ON, IF A TRIBE FAILS TO SUBMIT AT LEAST SOMETHING FOR A CHALLENGE, THEY WILL BE GIVEN A DOUBLE TRIBAL COUNCIL AND BE FORCED TO VOTE OFF TWO PLAYERS!

Here's what you guys would've gone up against had you actually submitted:

Very impressive White Spies, and lovely singing from Star :up:

Got to love Johnny English :up: :up:

I am proud of our team's project :)

I see no way they would have had a chance, even if they turned something in :cwink:

Thanks again to Star and her awesomeness for providing us with her voice :)

what the hell? why didn't bamfer do something about this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"