• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I don't know which on to get

Kable24

Member of the NRA
Reaction score
I'm thinking of finally throwing my hat into the Next Gen Systems war by either buying the PS3 or XBox 360. I'm impressed with both systems graphics and the game selection for both is fine, but what I want to know is that I have a HDTV, but it doesn't have the HDMI or DVI port on the back. Mitsubishi messed up on that one. Anyway, If I don't have these ports on my tv is it even worth getting them? I'm hoping to buy one tomorrow sometime, but I just don't know which one to get. I have had a PS1 and still have my PS2 and loved/love playing them, so I'm leaning towards the PS3. Give me some advice gamers.

Just some games I am looking to buy eventually:

Maddon 08
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
GTA
possible racing game

Never thought I'd say this, but 360. Within the next 2 games Final Fantasy will go multiplatform, GTA is multiplatform, hell, Metal Gear will probably go multiplatform. There is essentially no reason to buy a PS3.

yes, you can run it through a component or vga connection and still get full high def.

Based on the games you like go for the 360. They recently did a side by side comparrison with madden 08 and the ps3 scored 1 point out of ten lower than the 360 version due to choppy framerates. Every game coming out on both platforms is looking and working better on the 360

Also you won't have to wait 6 months for a decent game

Never thought I'd say this, but 360. Within the next 2 games Final Fantasy will go multiplatform, GTA is multiplatform, hell, Metal Gear will probably go multiplatform. There is essentially no reason to buy a PS3.

I love you :heart:

Thanks for giving good reasons. I was just waiting for someone to just say 360 because it rules. Now, I am leaning towards the 360 and it would be cheaper in the long run than a PS3. Now, I just need to slip it past the wife..haha

Do both have wireless connections to do the online stuff? My router and internet connection is upstairs. The system will be downstairs. also I know you pay for Xbox live, but is PS3 pay too or is it free?

I'm thinking of finally throwing my hat into the Next Gen Systems war by either buying the PS3 or XBox 360. I'm impressed with both systems graphics and the game selection for both is fine, but what I want to know is that I have a HDTV, but it doesn't have the HDMI or DVI port on the back. Mitsubishi messed up on that one. Anyway, If I don't have these ports on my tv is it even worth getting them? I'm hoping to buy one tomorrow sometime, but I just don't know which one to get. I have had a PS1 and still have my PS2 and loved/love playing them, so I'm leaning towards the PS3. Give me some advice gamers.

Maddon 08
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
GTA
possible racing game

Shocked that MGS4 was not on your list for PS3. PS3 will win in the long run. MGS4 is a must.

Depends. Have you played the 360 at all? Do you like the controller better or as much as the PS2/3 ? The 360 currently has the better multi platform games and will eventually get MGS4 if that interests you. From your choices it doesn't look like you are into Final Fantasy, so **** that. And not everyone loves MGS who has a PlayStation. Is it that shocking? I have had a Xbox and I hate Halo, and I am not alone on that.

Do both have wireless connections to do the online stuff? My router and internet connection is upstairs. The system will be downstairs. also I know you pay for Xbox live, but is PS3 pay too or is it free?

Xbox requires an aftermarket wireless add-on, ps3 does not

PS3 online is piss poor and has generally been recieved as so.

Xbox live you have to pay for but it is generally considered as close to perfection as an gaming network can get.

Basically it comes down to this, do you want to play great games now or in six months.

Playstation fans keep saying it will win in the long run, do you know why this is?

Because there's not a single must-have game available now or any time before christmas. Do you want a machine that will end up sitting there doing nothing for six months, or do you want to play some great games now with even more amazing titles coming out in the run up to christmass and into the new year?

Shocked that MGS4 was not on your list for PS3. PS3 will win in the long run. MGS4 is a must.

Yes, because if sony keeps up the low sales and lack of software quality control it's bound to sell in vast quantities.

Not exactly what current figures show though :o

I know current figures are not in favour of Sony PS3 but I think it will last longer...anyway what do think about MGS4!!!

Most gamers choose a system that can offer as many great titles as possible. Because sony only have two great titles left you will see their fans harp on about those 2 games and those 2 games alone endlessly.

perhaps this should tell you something about the ps3 experience :o

Do you like Halo or interested in Mass Effect or Bioshock? If so, just buy the 360. I think every site or mag that has reviewed Bioshock so far has given it a perfect review. And if you have the router set up near the 360 just use a network cable, it comes with the 360, its a better connection than wireless so you don't have to buy the adapter.

Most gamers choose a system that can offer as many great titles as possible. Because sony only have two great titles left you will see their fans harp on about those 2 games and those 2 games alone endlessly.

Yeah guess your right.

But still looks better than any other game I have seen for across any next gen console.

Well, I have never played a 360 so I have no idea how the controller would feel in my hand. I'm obviously comfortable with the Playstations controller. At 60 bucks a game, I am going to be picky on what I pick up. I have never been a fan of Metal Gear. So that game isn't an option. There are others I am interested in though. It seems like the majority is saying 360.

not only that but the 360 has a lot of quality games that have sold well enough to become "xbox classics" which cuts the prices to about 30-40 bucks. Not balue value for money for the likes of saints row or project gotham 3 :up:

I guess those 2 games you are talking about are Final Fantasy and MGS4. I wouldn't even put FF into that must have category because its a game where you really have to have a taste for RPGs. Just about everyone who doesn't like RPGs will look right past that game. MGS4 appeals to a larger crowd. But other than that game, what else does Sony have? Heavenly Sword I guess. Killzone 2?

I guess I just like MGS too much. There are other games out there too I like on all next gen consoles.

oh crap, I almost forgot sony's timed exclusive on unreal tournament. What with it's HUGE console following that's bound to shift a lot of units :dry:

Maddon 08
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
GTA
possible racing game

I'm a PS3 man myself but it looks like you should get the 360.

Maddon 08 - Better framerate on 360

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - More characters offered in the 360 Gold edition (out soon I believe), including guys like Venom.

GTA - Episodic content exclusive to 360 that offers around 20 more hours of play I believe

Possible racing game - Depends, I'd say MotorStorm is the best next gen racing out there right now, but DiRT is pretty similar, and if its pro racing your after, Project Gotham Racing is out now, as opposed to Gran Turismo 5 not out till next year on PS3.

So looks like 360 is your best bet. I mean, not all of what Hippy said was true though, multi-platform games are starting to catch up to 360 standards on PS3, the Darkness being the best example, being just as good on both consoles.

But overall, 360 I'd say, unless you really want Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid 4, which probably arn't going over to the 360 at this point in time, despite what people say.

I guess those 2 games you are talking about are Final Fantasy and MGS4. I wouldn't even put FF into that must have category because its a game where you really have to have a taste for RPGs. Just about everyone who doesn't like RPGs will look right past that game. MGS4 appeals to a larger crowd. But other than that game, what else does Sony have? Heavenly Sword I guess. Killzone 2?

I'd say Sony's most appealing exlclusives right now are MGS4 and Uncharted.

I'm a PS3 man myself but it looks like you should get the 360.

Maddon 08 - Better framerate on 360

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - More characters offered in the 360 Gold edition (out soon I believe), including guys like Venom.

GTA - Episodic content exclusive to 360 that offers around 20 more hours of play I believe

Possible racing game - Depends, I'd say MotorStorm is the best next gen racing out there right now, but DiRT is pretty similar, and if its pro racing your after, Project Gotham Racing is out now, as opposed to Gran Turismo 5 not out till next year on PS3.

So looks like 360 is your best bet. I mean, not all of what Hippy said was true though, multi-platform games are starting to catch up to 360 standards on PS3, the Darkness being the best example, being just as good on both consoles.

But overall, 360 I'd say, unless you really want Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid 4, which probably arn't going over to the 360 at this point in time, despite what people say.

He already mentioned he has no interest in MGS4. Eventually it probably will make its way over to the 360. Not within a month or so of the PS3 release or anything like that. Will probably be a year or so. And when it does it will probably come with added extras or some crap.

Well I'm not gonna start another MGS multiplatform debate, but it won't come with exclusive extras at all.

It doesn't matter to me, I honestly really don't care. Never been much a fan of MGS, even when I had a PS, PS2. I was just going by what happened the last time MGS came to the Xbox.

Oh so you mean like the Substance version of MGS4? I can see that happening yet.

Yeah, I never played it, but I know there was some extra stuff. Wasn't there some extra mode where it had Snake skateboarding or something? That looked ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"