I feek like this is the eve of an era

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling the last chapter to a hype era is being written. Myself, Dbella, CConn, Zer00, Alexia Dark, Lobo and a few others are slowly starting to post less and less. I myself, while I still very much enjoy it here, find myself on other websites and doing other things. I recently was talking to another poster about how I felt like we were both growing apart from this place slightly. This is not a goodbye, mostly because when I leave I doubt there will be a big goodbye, I will still be here as long as time allows (for the foreseable future). However I see a new wave of posters replacing old ones, a new dynamic to the site. Gradually the place seems less and less familiar. I suspect I shall post here so long as there are movies I am interested in, or maybe simply lurk for information...but I must confess it seems as though a new class of posters is becoming the norm.

It saddens me to think that some random discussion about politics, Keyra's a$$ or Transformers could be our last...because I would not want to make some grand exit myself, or be privy to someone else's if they came back the next day.

Again this in NOT my personal goodbye, goodbye for now, goodbye as of next week thread...I am not saying goodbye because I have no idea when I will be gone, just that nothing lasts forever, and I see the winds of change down the road. Do any other posters feel this place is changing in this way?

Just imagine how much it's changed for somebody who joined in 2003, like me. Or perhaps those who were around when it was just a spidey board. Talk about change.

boyscouT said:
Dude... it's the internet.
This is true...but I cannot help going a little overboard like that, just my writing style from all these college essays.

ShadowBoxing said:
This is true...but I cannot help going a little overboard like that, just my writing style from all these college essays.

I understand.

ShadowBoxing said:
This may be just the internet but I have made connections with a few people here. And anyway, even if I don't post here anymore (god knows when), I hope to still keep in touch with these few people.

DBella said:
This may be just the internet but I have made connections with a few people here. And anyway, even if I don't post here anymore (god knows when), I hope to still keep in touch wit these few people.
I do too:):up:

I knew it was more enjoyable to come here for a reason :):up:

Walked out this morning, dont believe what I saw
100 billion bottles, washed up on the shore
Seems I'm not alone at being alone
100 billions castaways, looking for home.

ShadowBoxing said:
I am starting to get the feeling the last chapter to a hype era is being written. Myself, Dbella, CConn, Zer00, Alexia Dark, Lobo and a few others are slowly starting to post less and less. I myself, while I still very much enjoy it here, find myself on other websites and doing other things. I recently was talking to another poster about how I felt like we were both growing apart from this place slightly. This is not a goodbye, mostly because when I leave I doubt there will be a big goodbye, I will still be here as long as time allows (for the foreseable future). However I see a new wave of posters replacing old ones, a new dynamic to the site. Gradually the place seems less and less familiar. I suspect I shall post here so long as there are movies I am interested in, or maybe simply lurk for information...but I must confess it seems as though a new class of posters is becoming the norm.

It saddens me to think that some random discussion about politics, Keyra's a$$ or Transformers could be our last...because I would not want to make some grand exit myself, or be privy to someone else's if they came back the next day.

Again this in NOT my personal goodbye, goodbye for now, goodbye as of next week thread...I am not saying goodbye because I have no idea when I will be gone, just that nothing lasts forever, and I see the winds of change down the road. Do any other posters feel this place is changing in this way?

You, Dbella, CConn, Zer00, Alexia Dark, and Lobo are an era, and new posters are coming in? I thought you guys were the new posters. :confused:

Master Chief said:
You, Dbella, CConn, Zer00, Alexia Dark, and Lobo are an era, and new posters are coming in? I thought you guys were the new posters. :confused:
We're almost all 2 years old at this point...I guess relative to some posters thats not that old, but I mean what is the typical shelf life for a poster.

Oh crap... I thought it was still 2005. :o

Meh. I come here when I have nothing better to do.... oh jeez, I think I'm having an epiphany.

ShadowBoxing said:
We're almost all 2 years old at this point...I guess relative to some posters thats not that old, but I mean what is the typical shelf life for a poster.

As long as they feel like posting, I guess. But really, don't feel down. I'll still have random argeuments about polotics and Transformers. Hell, I've been known to START random arguements about polotics and Transformers. Now, sooth your worries with some Rolling Stones.

Bye, Shadow! Don't forget to write! And use sunscreen, young man! :mad:

jag

You'll be back. You can't quit the Hype. I tried. And it failed.

ShadowBoxing said:
I was waiting for you to say something like that.

I was waiting for you to reply that you knew you were waiting for me to say that.

The Question said:
As long as they feel like posting, I guess. But really, don't feel down. I'll still have random argeuments about polotics and Transformers. Hell, I've been known to START random arguements about polotics and Transformers. Now, sooth your worries with some Rolling Stones.
Thats probably my favorite rock song:up: thanks.

...Have you seen my post count?

Though if you want to leave...I'd probobly post more after that.

btw all because people don't post in the lounge doesn't mean they post less and less. And Alexia has no access to a computer. So ha

jaguarr said:
Bye, Shadow! Don't forget to write! And use sunscreen, young man! :mad:

jag
ahem I am not gone yet...in fact I suspect I will be here quiet a bit for the summer (since its rather boring with all my friend elsewhere).

zer00 said:

btw all because people don't post in the lounge doesn't mean they post less and less. And Alexia has no access to a computer. So ha

What happened to her weekend retreat which features internet access? :eek:

That smilie doesn't really have anything to do with the question... I just thought it'd look nice there. Like a piece of art you don't care for.

zer00 said:

I guess that explains that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"