• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have a question about Dr. Phil

Jolie_Desastre

Avenger
Reaction score
ok so i was in lebanon this summer and they had a few english channels to watch. in the states i never watched one episode of dr. phil in my life and now i know why. this guy gets such good guests but all he does is state the problem over and over until he thinks he found the solution....but he never does!

and i have another question. i was in the 11 year old rapist thread and i noticed how the mother said he was mistreated. it reminded me of an episode of dr phil that i did watch in lebanon. there was this girl serving time in prison for killing her bf. the thing is is that she says it was an accident. she said that he was abusive and said that he would kill her and her brother. this is her side..he called her to come over and get some of her stuff back. she agreed. they had a fight, there were tears, and then she left with her parents car back home. she says that all of a sudden he jumped out of nowhere in front of the car while she was going around 25-30 miles per hour. she said she got scared and was in shock and so she drove back to her parents house. she said she got a branch from a tree, stuck it in the car and told her parents she hit a tree.

then all this legal stuff happens and she gets sentence to i think 12 years. then dr phil visits her. and he says some new information, he questioned her about how fast she was going. because her bf flew 85 feet from where she said he was hit and the police said he was hit. he said the only way he could have flown that far is if she had been going around 65. she kept to her story. the thing that makes me more mad is that how her parents treated the victim's family on that show. the mother of the victim said i love my son but i would never lie for him. she kept on saying you have your daughter i want my son. then the parents of the girl said no you want revenge!your son jumped in front of her car!

i think the girl totally did it on purpose :o what do you think?

Who really knows what happened? None of us do. Second-hand accounts and recollections aren't always reliable or accurate.

Most people who come from broken homes (domestic abuse, verbal/physical) are often pathological liars; it's pretty interesting.

If you read about the human psyche, you'll find that in some cases, if one is fragile enough, the bounds of reality no longer apply to that individual (according to their mind/thought process). They literally have the ability to create lies that they themselves believe. It's very fascinating.

I don't know what happened in this particular instance, but the girl might seriously believe that she wasn't the root cause of her boyfriend's death, when she's the actual murderer. People fool themselves w/ a false sense of security all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was murdered by her(as opposed to an accidental death), but her take on the situation conformed to how she perceived it. Perhaps she really believes that she did not kill him. Maybe in her mind, she did not murder him. If he really did abuse her, she could view it as a type of vigilante justice or due recompense.

Again, even w/ today's so-called elevated sense of human understanding, experts have no real clue on how to gauge someone's true intent. If people did, they could read minds, which is an impossibility at this present time(we can observe actions which betray the motive of heart or mind, but we can't directly read someone's intentions).

Again, in this instance, what I deduced is only random speculation at best.

For the record, Dr. Phil is full of bs. Some of what he says is helpful, but in reality, it's common sense. I'll take life experience over worldly wisdom (the thoughts and opinions of submerged minds like Dr. Phils) anyday.

i don't know. is it difficult to hit someone at 65 miles an hour? or could you get the same effect by accelerating up to a slower speed but quickly. can't remember the physics. but really you'd just have to know which story fit the evidence best. there are things people look for or should in these cases any tire wear or rubber trace left on the road can tell you more about the series of events. then you can analyse the bodies position. how far from the house was this. i mean some people do run out in the middle of the road this just might be a stastitically required time when they both actually knew each other.

My mom won this "prize" at some ball and it was 4 tickets to see Dr. Phil with a Meet and Greet.

That almost made me reach out for my lotion and tissues. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"