• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

I Love You, Man

I completely lost it when Rudd is on the phone with Ferrigno and [blackout]Segel pops up from behind his cubicle and pretends to be Hulking out.[/blackout]
It caught me completely off guard.
Yeah, it was funny when he says don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry

Any one love the special station Segel had in this? :o:grin:

I saw it tonight. After missing Forgetting Sarah Marshall in theaters, I couldn't resist Rudd and Seigel's latest team up and I am happy I saw it. Absolutely hillarious. Best comedy I've seen in some time. One thing I loved about this movie, is that like in Forgetting Sarah Marshall where our leads were hillarious, the supporting cast was amazing as well. Be it JK Simmons and Andy Samberg talking about Simmons being an honorary gay person, Rashida Jones' subdued reactions as her fiancee slowly turns into a crazy person, John Faverau's abrassive dick head character, or even some of the smaller roles like Ferrigno, the old man, and the gay guy who kept calling Rudd a ****e...every character in this movie gets a chance to shine and they all prove to be very funny actors with very funny writing to back them up. Just an amazing comedic experience. :up:

I just took notice to somethin in a interview i was watching online.

Rogen.Segel,Rudd and Hill are all on the cover in Vanity Fair.

10yqc1j.jpg

Rush also makes a cameo in it.

Plus he was one of the best friends in the movie slackers. I caught the end on tv before.

I guess one of the perks of being in Apatow's group.

Hands down Segels best early role was in SLC Punk!

Good to know this movie is good. Hopefully, I can see it soon. I really disliked Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall though.

So is someone in this movie an outrageous fan of The Incredible Hulk TV show? In the preview it looks like someone has a beautiful home...but with TIH framed artwork on the walls. I may have to see this based on that alone.

Good to know this movie is good. Hopefully, I can see it soon. I really disliked Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall though.

I can understand HOW someone could dislike Superbad. I might not agree, but I can see how it could turn people off. But if you dislike Forgetting Sarah Marshall, you have no heart. :csad:

So is someone in this movie an outrageous fan of The Incredible Hulk TV show? In the preview it looks like someone has a beautiful home...but with TIH framed artwork on the walls. I may have to see this based on that alone.

Lou Ferrigno, and the movie's countless Hulk references are hillarious.

I agree about Superbad, I just didn't like that movie(though the Seth Rogen parts were good). Never saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall(there just was no appeal for me). I Love You Man seems like it(as in, no appeal to me). And I've enjoyed plenty of Apatow crew's stuff(Anchorman, 40YOV, Pineapple Express), but Superbad has made me be more selective about just plunking down my money for their films.

watched this on friday...oh my goodness...this movie is hilarious!
up there with forgetting sarah marshall!!!

This film was just amazing! Rudd and Siegel equals win! Just it was stinkin awesome such a great movie, I loved it.

And I've enjoyed plenty of Apatow crew's stuff(Anchorman, 40YOV, Pineapple Express), but Superbad has made me be more selective about just plunking down my money for their films.

I feel the same.

Would anyone recommend this movie under the following conditions:
1. There are only a handful of Apatow-produced films you like
2. You think Paul Rudd is hilarious
3. You think Siegel was the best part of Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I feel the same.

Would anyone recommend this movie under the following conditions:
1. There are only a handful of Apatow-produced films you like
2. You think Paul Rudd is hilarious
3. You think Siegel was the best part of Forgetting Sarah Marshall

1 and 2.
I thought the supporting cast was the best part of FSM but even that wasn't enough to really enjoy it.

I saw this the other day, and i was impressed. It's what i call a "feel good movie" I heard constant laughter in the theatre i was in, which is a good sign. It's the best comedy of 2009 so far imo. it's the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" of 2009,
8.8/10

I honestly can't say I liked it as much as FSM, but FSM was amazing to me, so it's going to be hard to top it, but even so, this movie comes really damn close.

I understand the hate for Superbad, Jonah Hill comes across as an ignorant jackass with all the swearing etc. Rogen and Hader are the only reasons to really watch it.

I honestly can't say I liked it as much as FSM, but FSM was amazing to me, so it's going to be hard to top it, but even so, this movie comes really damn close.

I understand the hate for Superbad, Jonah Hill comes across as an ignorant jackass with all the swearing etc. Rogen and Hader are the only reasons to really watch it.

i agree with you 110%, FSM will always be my fav

I don't know if this was better than FSM or Role Models but I loved Rudd's delivery . I thought it really picks up when Rudd and Segel are finally conversing
and they were both great. This has to be the best thing Ferrigno has done not involving the Hulk .

Saw this last night. Utter hilarious.

I don't know if this was better than FSM or Role Models but I loved Rudd's delivery . I thought it really picks up when Rudd and Segel are finally conversing
and they were both great. This has to be the best thing Ferrigno has done not involving the Hulk .
Yeah, he was also great in "Pumping Iron", his rivalry with Arnold is classic.

This was better than forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was more original, too. :up:

I think this was just as Good as FSM and way better then Role Models And a little bit better then Superbad.

I Love You, Man is flat out comedy bliss. So many laughs with Rudd showing a whole different side of him, he's really great in this. Every actor completely owns their roles too, Jason Segel being the prime example.

The jerk station, the s*** giant, the hulk out, Thomas Lennon's character, Badass cardigans, slappin' da bass, d-bag favreau, this movie utterly owns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"