I still can't get some of the final battle...help ol' webby.

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
I don't get what happens when the water freezes by absorbing "ambient energy".

Also, the giant jelly fish with the images inside it?:confused:

:confused:

dude that part was so confusing; i still dont know whats going on.

I don't get what happens when the water freezes by absorbing "ambient energy".

Also, the giant jelly fish with the images inside it?:confused:

:confused:
there was a thread here, from 2003, i think, that explained the final fight in great detail but i cant find it. So, here's NR's explanation of it.

The thing about the end fight that a lot of people don't realise is that it wasn't a holywood end bout where people would trade 3 billion hits and not bruise.

everything had a purpose

david dragging bruce to an area where he had an elemental advantage.

he tried to take on his son in solid form but realised that was stupid.

hulk chucked him away and looked to go finish the job

hulk got drowned and david took advantage

david one

but hulk and bruce pulled trump card

david couldn't take it and physically changed shape to take up the energy hulk had stored in him

he became an easy target for military and boom...

voila

it wasn't overdone and did what it had to withouth having to be a crazy fight superhero battle. it didn't even have any superhero/villain qualities to it, it was just a father scrapping with his son at essence and that's what great about it, it cuts all the comic bull**** and gets on with it. no cheesy drammatics like the spidey films, no bad one liners like the x-men films and no cheesy villain death.

i mean someone gets nuked, how the hell are you supposed to feel as a viewer. there's no reason to be joyful because everything isn't alright, the world doesn't smell of roses, this is really the beginnnig of the end of bruce's life as he knows it and he's just had to kill the father he never had.

that's what i like about the hulk, it doesn't wrap you in cotton wool or crazy long winded scenes and purely shows you exactly what needs to be there, especially in that last fight.

plus the mental battle and re-focus of the hulk in order to gain victory is pure pure genius, it really does show people what kinda scope there is on bruce's hidden demon. truelly great scene...

take it, TAKE IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

:up:

Worst scene in the movie.

I'm still confused about the water freezing and the jelly fish. I remember reading some post saying it has to do with the beginning of the movie because jelly fish are present but...I still don't understand.

And is it pretty much the Absorbing Dad :-)o) wanted to take all his power (I get that) and he tried and was doing well but Hulk is far too powerful and gave him more than he could handle and he got too damn big and became...Jelly Fish-Man?:confused:

Bah, Absorbing Man is one of my favorite Hulk villains. I wanted Creel. Or atleast a bald guy with no shirt and some prison pants.:cmad:

Basically comes down to what was mentioned above and partially explains that it's tied to everything that was a part of him or influence on what made him become the Hulk.

I'm still confused about the water freezing and the jelly fish. I remember reading some post saying it has to do with the beginning of the movie because jelly fish are present but...I still don't understand.

And is it pretty much the Absorbing Dad :-)o) wanted to take all his power (I get that) and he tried and was doing well but Hulk is far too powerful and gave him more than he could handle and he got too damn big and became...Jelly Fish-Man?:confused:

Bah, Absorbing Man is one of my favorite Hulk villains. I wanted Creel. Or atleast a bald guy with no shirt and some prison pants.:cmad:
why is it hard to understand why the water freezes?... David wanted to absorb Hulk's powers and he just absorbed everything he had contact with, Hulk andthe water inthe lake. The Jellyfish was just the best shape he could turn into to keep all of Hulk's energy.

Oh Sava, I don't think you want to know. All this cracks me up.

actually, the way I always saw the last scene ( giant jelly fish thingy ) was like this:

Absorbing Dad (AD) had been, up until now, absorbing tangible, physical energy. Be it metal in the lab, lightning/electricity in the military hangar, rock and water at the lake.

In all those cases, AD was dealing with a physical "element" and his body changed accordingly to take on the shape/characteristic of that element.

However, in the last scene, AD absorbed something entirely different: Banner's/Hulk's raw emotion/anger/memories.

Since emotion/anger/memory is a non-physical, intangible "element", AD's body was forced to take on a more intangible, amorphous shape/characteristic. Hence, the jelly fish bubble shape blob.

So, I always thought of it as AD absorbing intangible emotions rather than a physical element.

I do agree, though, how that imagery could be construed as confusing and silly. I feel that the swirling vortex imagery from the movie novel would have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"