If actual superheroes really existed in real life?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If we had our own resident heroes in our cities and if they had super powers in some kind of way or if they had tech/gadgets to make them a hero, how would he or she be viewed by the media? Or by law enforcement? Or by the public? Whoever he or she is, they would be seen as a threat most definitely or even hated by some in their respective cities if that ever happened. People fear what and who they do not understand. They probably would have to wear a mask to conceal his or her identity. Media definitely would have a field day trying to figure out who this person is and the public would probably love this person but some would hate them too even if they are a hero. Comes with the territory.

Unless I’m also an omega level mutant, I would be scared as hell of a real person with superpowers.

The X-Men comics strikes me as presenting the most realistic reaction to people having super powers or 'abilities', whatever you want to call them.

it would certainly be interesting, i don't know if id be scared of them, they wouldnt be able to do anything to you if you took the piss out of them, or else the public would turn on them and they wouldnt be able to work properly.
i would love to see a press conference with them with the press trying to wind them up lol, that would be funny.

It depends on their powers and any sort of collateral damage they cause. A non powered vigilante is (to me) much less scary than an all powerful one. Batman creeps in the shadows, Superman throws cars around.

It depends on how they’re shown in the media. I doubt that they’d be shown in a positive light. What happens after that is anyone’s guess. I’m sure that there would be a lot of fear and mistrust.

I know that lots of people didn’t like Man of Steel but I like how they touched on Superman’s arrival making the public question society and religion. He would throw humanity into chaos just by existing. As we know, Superman is about as inoffensive as possible. Imagine someone more combative.

Funny enough, there was a real “superhero” in Seattle in 2014. He called himself Phoenix Jones.

They would be recruited by the government and any rogues would be labeled terrorist and hunted down.

The media would try to ignore them and keep the public asleep. Think of how the media treats super geniuses in the real world.

if superheroes existed, I'd wager that supervillains would exist too...

Remember when KickAss and the Nolan Batfilms inspired "reals" to come out of hiding to take justice in their own hands? Yeah me neither. :p

Remember when KickAss and the Nolan Batfilms inspired "reals" to come out of hiding to take justice in their own hands? Yeah me neither. :p
We are but months away from hearing about "mysterious heroics" from a member from here who -allegedly- started his training years ago.
Actually, he is a few years late on his schedule, but...
...Anyday now. :storm

We are but months away from hearing about "mysterious heroics" from a member from here who -allegedly- started his training years ago.
Actually, he is a few years late on his schedule, but...
...Anyday now. :storm
1712172045376.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"