Comics If there was ULTIMATE SUPERMAN...

Jordacar

The Endless One
Reaction score
Okay, let’s say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight constitute what would be “Ultimate Batman.” If you could come up with a totally new version of Superman, from the top, that was separate from the current continuity but still in line thematically, the way the Nolanverse is, how would you do it?

How would you re-envision Krypton?
What would you add to the Kents and Smallville?
What would you add to the supporting cast?
How would you update and re-imagine the villains?

Things like that…

I know one thing that I would want to do would be to clearly define the scientific properties of Kryptonite and how it effects Superman, and stick with it, like the range of the radiation, exactly how long it takes to kill a Kryptonian, that sort of thing.

Oh yeah...

and How would you change the costume? cuz u can change that too here...

^^i would tone down his powers quite a bit, lol -- super strengh, heat vision, speed, no flying (maybe).

COMIBINE the donner/singer Superman movies, Smallville, Superman Birthright, Superman secret identity, John Bryne six part Superman Man of Steal/Superman for all ages. that is how I would make an Ultimate Superman

COMIBINE the donner/singer Superman movies, Smallville, Superman Birthright, Superman secret identity, John Bryne six part Superman Man of Steal/Superman for all ages. that is how I would make an Ultimate Superman
What would you use from Birthright?

Oh, I could go on for days with this.

I've actually got a big layout for a whole Ultimate DC Universe (a good portion of which I get to play out in the RPG of the same name--cheap plug), but right now I'll stick with Superman.

For starters, I'd use Birthright as the launching pad for the series (since at one point that was what it was intended to be) I really liked Waid's interpretation of the \S/ mythology (except for the vegetarian bit, but come on--that's pretty inconsequential compared to the broader strokes), thought he did a great job of combining the old mad-scientist Luthor with the criminal billionaire from MoS, and had my personal favorite rationale for the Clark Kent/Superman identities.

From there, I'd go with my own tweaks:

Power Limits:

Though there's no defined upper limit to his strength, Superman would start with his powers right around the same level as in the Animated Series, and escalate from there. So no bench-pressing a continent without breaking a sweat, but at the same time no getting punked out by some mook with a laser gun.

The Fortress of Solitude:

The Fortress was contained within Kal-El's pod, inside a time/space pocket not unlike the TARDIS from Doctor Who. It was intended to be a self-contained colony for several thousand Kryptonians, but due to design flaws and simply running out of time, Jor-El was only able to place Kal in the pod. After landing on Earth, its programming would eventually cause itself to move to an isolated location (the Arctic) so as to avoid interference from the indigenous species (us), and extract from the pocket, expanding into the massive Fortress Superman would eventually use as his personal refuge and time-capsule. Similar to the Animated Series Fortress in terms of features, but looks more like Leinl Yu's designs of Krypton.

Krypton:

I've got a whole huge world mapped out for Krypton that I've used as a setting for a few table-top RPGs, and the fanfic in my sig. Long story short, Krypton was an extremely harsh planet about the size of Jupiter, and while Kryptonians evolved to a technological utopia, huge sections of the planet were still wild. The perfect planet for a race of adventurers and investigators.

There were 11 city-states, each ruled locally by a democratically-elected Magistrate, and governed at large by the Council. The Council also employed elite agents known as the Sapphire Guard (think a less-clandestine version of the Spectres from Mass Effect), under the orders of General Zod.

Once the capital city of Kandor was stolen by Brainiac (see below), Zod attempted to seize power in a military coup, met by opposition from the New council led by Zor-El. Unfortunately, these happenings drowned out the voice of Jor-El, who had discovered the planet's core had grown unstable and would soon rupture. While his brother and Zod battled for their people's future, Jor labored to make sure there was still a future for them at all.

You know the rest by heart from here. Zod's faction is defeated and locked up in the Phantom Zone. Jor-El has a plan to save everyone, but the New Council won't listen. With only moments to spare, Jor places his son Kal in an experimental ship and shoots him off to Earth, while the planet explodes around them.

For looks, the cities would mainly use Leinl Yu's designs from Birthright, with touches of the crystal architecture from the movies. The planet itself would look like Metropia from For Tomorrow.

Kryptonite:

There's only the one kind, and it's in very short supply. As shown in BR, it's extremely energetic, capable of being used for all sorts of crazy applications, and a tiny sliver of it can either bring Superman to his knees or blow up a whole city block. Luthor will definitely have a few chunks on hand, as will STAR Labs (one of which is stolen to create Metallo). The JLA will eventually keep a K-ring handy as a 'just in case' weapon.

Lois:

If there's one thing I really liked about the Post-Crisis/Man of Steel-era Supes, it was that Lois ended up falling in love with Clark instead of Superman. And while I'd also like to see the old rivalry with Lana Lang, as well as the old Silver Age thru-line where she pretty much knows that Clark is really Supes but can never quite prove it, I think makes for much better storytelling if she goes for the unassuming but good-hearted everyman over the knight in shining spandex. Either that, or I'd have her go with Richard White just to screw with everyone :woot:

The Bottle City of Kandor:

When Superman first encounters Brainiac (I'll get to him in a minute), he gets trapped inside of a 'Bottle City,' which is actually a portal to a tract of extra-dimensional space similar to the Phantom Zone. Inside it, Brainiac has thousands of cybernetic drones to observe and patrol the city, which he's divided up into three distinct sections.

The first section is the heart of the city, which is left more or less pristine. It's observed for social and psychological experiments, but the people living there carry on with their former lives as best as they can.

The outer sections, blocked off from the rest, are almost Terminator-like, where refugees are hunted down and subjected to Brainiac's hideous 'upgrades,' looking to create a perfect cyborg specimen.

The third section is deep beneath the city, where thousands of Kryptonians are stored in suspended animation in case the numbers of the surface are depleted. This happens to include Kara Zor-El.

Kal eventually joins a hidden resistance group, finds and rescues Kara, and leads an uprising to overthrow Brainiac's drones and liberate the city. Kal and Kara are able to escape, but are never successful in bringing the city back into their universe.

Allies:

Metropolis Special Crimes Unit: Led by hard-ass Captain Dan Turpin, they're a special division of MPD that starts out as basically an amped-up SWAT team, but over time (and with the addition of all sorts of new tech from STAR Labs), they're able to take down mid-level supervillains on their own.

Kelex: The sentient Kryptonian A.I. that runs the Fortress of Solitude. Can inhabit any of the dozen or so helper robots inside, but cannot leave the Fortress itself.

Supergirl: Kal's cousin from Krypton, though instead of having her just show up in a second pod, she'd be one of thousands trapped in suspended animation, deep in the underground levels of the Bottle City of Kandor. After Supes helps her escape, she progresses more or less like the Supergirl in the Animated Series, first as a smart-mouthed protege, then, during a time-travelling storyline, coming into her own as a full-fledged heroine among the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century.

Superboy: One of the U.S. Government's attempts to create a 'new' Superman following his death at the hands of Doomsday (the other attempt being the Cyborg), Superboy is a clone made from mutated Kryptonian DNA (giving him his post-Crisis powers) He's eventually freed from the Cadmus labs by the real Superman, but doesn't want to be a sidekick. He travels the world on his own, a la the Hulk, doing his part to help out wherever he can, but trying to keep off the grid as much as possible, before finding his place alongside the Teen Titans, and eventually looking up to Superman as a father-figure.

Legion of Super-Heroes: Rather than just a team of a dozen or so, the Legion is just that: a full-on army of super-heroes in the 31st Century, an intergalactic peacekeeping force that was founded on the principles Superman represented. Keeping most of the recognizable members (Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, and especially Brainiac 5), it's basically the Green Lantern Corps with a less monotonous color scheme.

Justice League- While there would be a few hero team-ups before the League's official founding (particularly groups like the Trinity, or the Hal/Barry/Ollie clique), the JLA would formally organize to help fight off the Starro invasion. They'd start as the traditional 'Big Seven,' then evolve into the huge army-like League seen in JLU, using a re-vamped Hall of Justice as their HQ, and the satellite just for sheer cool-factor.

Enemies:

Lex Luthor:

Starting out with the origin from Birthright again, but eventually sliding further and further towards the monstrous and very public supervillain he is in All-Star Superman. Each time Superman thwarts him, he loses that much stock with the public, and slips that much further into his increasingly deep-seated hatred of Supes. Eventually, he'd gain an almost cult-like following of anti-metahuman extremists, finally enlisting the Joker and several other villains to form the Legion of Doom.

Rather than have him be continually smooth and nonchalant, I'd have his suave demeanor be only skin deep, belying a self-righteous fanatic with a god complex, who also just happens to be the smartest man alive. His intelligence and his insanity constantly vie for control until he's publicly outed as the master criminal he's always been.

Brainiac:

My version of Brainiac is more or less what I did with him in the Ultimate DC RPG. I've got a full bio of the character here.

Bizarro:

Pretty much the way it's shown in All-Star Superman. The Bizarro-World is an extra-dimensional cosmic being, a planet-killer that uses backwards copies to replace and destroy anything it comes into contact with. Basically Galactus on LSD.

The Bizarros themselves spread across the Earth like a zombie plague, only to be confronted by the JLA. While the Bizarro-World itself is eventually overthrown and sinks away into its own backwards reality, the Bizarro Superman is left behind, where he is used as a pet and enforcer by Lex Luthor.

General Zod:

Instead of being thrown into the Phantom Zone all on his lonesome (or with just a couple of henchmen), Zod's entire Nazi-esque faction was sentenced to imprisonment in the Zone. There, where the laws of space and time don't apply, the General became entwined with the Zone itself, through sheer force of willpower and his mind twisted by hatred towards the house of Jor-El. He cannot leave, but inside it he is all but omnipotent. For all intents and purposes, he's a Kryptonian Satan.

Parasite:

Rudy Jones starts out as a janitor for Lexcorp, known for mooching off of everyone in his life. Eventually he decides to strike it rich by robbing Lex at gun-point. This turns out to be the biggest mistake of his life, as Luthor straps him into an experimental device that turns him into a living atomic furnace.

From there, he's pretty close to the way he's seen in the Animated Series and a few versions of the comic. He absorbs energy by touch, but doesn't copy different superpowers. He's basically a glowing purple Hulk.

Metallo:

More or less exactly the way he is in the MoS-era comic, except immediately adding his ability to absorb metal.

Toyman:

Winslow Schott starts out as a ridiculously brilliant robotics designer with a bit of a Willy-Wonka complex. He designs incredible toys and makes a fortune off of them, but he's never made a public appearance. He signs a deal with Lexcorp to mass-produce his toys, only to get screwed over and have his patents used in heavy arms manufacturing. He's framed for an outbreak of 'killer toys' that Luthor was using to distract Superman from a larger agenda, and brought in as 'The Toyman.' Though he's eventually revealed to be innocent, the damage is done, and Schott willingly becomes Toyman, waging a lifelong war against the 'adult' world.

Each time Superman encounters Toyman, however, he looks completely different. As it turns out, every one of them is an advanced robot designed by Schott, and every one of Superman's attempts to locate the real Schott has led to just another robot. It's up for debate as to whether or not there's a "real" Winslow Schott at all.

Prankster:

Probably just a one-off villain, he starts off as Oz Loomis, the host of a Punk'd-style TV prank show. He gets a little too ambitious with his targets, hoping to pull a prank on Superman himself by luring him into a fake emergency, but the emergency ends up a lot less 'fake' than he hoped. Superman shuts him down, and the network cancels his show.

Wanting payback on both the network and Superman for his career being suddenly ruined, he gets his shot when he's approached by the Toyman. The two team up to cause all sorts of mayhem, with Prankster recording it all and sending the tapes to the network, threatening more damage if they don't put him back on the air.

Eventually Superman shuts them both down, but Prankster gets the bug in his ear to become a professional pain-in-the-ass to distract Supes away from bigger villains from then on.

Darkseid:

Heh, like I would know better than Jack Kirby. The only differences would be to make Apokolips (particularly the Para-Demons) look more demonic, going more for a devil route than an alien overlord thing.

He'd definitely have to be the central figure of whatever 'Crisis' event you'd have in store. I'm imagining a Darkseid invasion that takes the combined forces of the JLA, JSA, Teen Titans, Cadmus, the Legion of Super Heroes coming in from the future, and the entire goddamn Green Lantern Corps to slow his army down. As for the big fight itself, Supes has to absorb the cores of five or six whole stars to even stand a chance. We're talking slug-fest of the century here...

...except for maybe...

Doomsday:

Stick with me here, because this one gets a little complicated.

*ahem*

Before this current universe was created, there were an infinite number of parallel ones. These were lost in a massive Crisis, the infinite worlds collapsing into the current one. While one set of life forms began a new existence, the essence of those who weren't brought into the new universe were left in the screaming void of nothingness, eventually merging into a singular entity of pure madness, intent on destroying the new universe entirely. The only thing keeping it from coming into this world was that it had no body.

Several billion years later, Lex Luthor managed to salvage a few scraps of Kryptonian DNA (particularly, the hulking brute Non) after another one of his failed kill-Superman attempts. Experimenting with the sample, he learned how to hyper-accelerate the evolutioniary process, and attempted to create a clone that had evolved to a 'perfect' form. However, when the body was complete, it remained inanimate. A completely indestructable body, with no soul to inhabit it.

During the Darkseid invasion, the Apokoliptian Boom Tubes created several rips in space/time. While they were finally closed, it was too late to keep the disembodied hate-entity from slipping into the universe, and finding itself a body.

The proverbial peanut butter meets jelly, and you've got a Doomsday that really lives up to the name.

Name Of The Movie: Superboy. A thematic consideration. At the start of the film, Clark is not the Superman we all know and love, he still has much to learn. It has the same meaning as "Batman Begins"

The Theme: Coming of Age/Responsibilities/Duty

The Man: In today's world, no one is really a goody two shoes. Similarly, Clark though well behaved and polite, has little tolerance for bullies and crime in general, so when he is defending the city as Superman, he's bit of a dick. But he learns

The Powers: The main thing I would alter is his invulnerability, instead being invincible outright, he would have more of a Hulk style high tolerance. Bullets still bounce off but a tank cannon to the face could knock him out cold. Also, slight decrease in strength, after soaking up some solar energy in lower earth orbit, he's at his maximum and can throw an M1 Abrams tank several miles with only one hand. Hopefully, that gives you some idea, lame as it is

The Suit: The ship that Supes came in also holds a large amount of data on the Kryptonian home world that only he can access using a visual interface. He gets the idea for his suit from a style of Armour that Kryptonian Elite soldiers wore sans the cape. The cape was his Earth Mother's idea.

Fortress Of Solitude: No bloody crystals, he finds a large cavern beneath the arctic (yes north pole) ice and shapes it to his liking. I would personally have loved to seen TAS style statues of Jor-El and Lara holding up the planet Krypton.

PS: Did anyone feel that Jor-El was bit of a snob in the Donner films?

AND HERE WE GO...

First of all the movie would start in media res showing a scene in the streets of a very high tech (think TAS) Metropolis, we see a large red blur that seems to drag a line into the asphalt and it smashes against a group of cars. The camera slows pans close, up a familiar looking blue and red costume and rests at Clark's battered face. In the rear view mirror of a car, we see a metallic figure walking towards him.

We then hear a faint echo, as the screen fades in, "Say cheese!"
Apparently it's graduation day at Clark's college in Smallville. It all seems so long ago A girl comes up and gives Clark a friendly hug. This is Lana Lang, an old friend. She congratulates him and mentions how she got a job in Metropolis of all places working in the STAR Labs research facility.
Clark contemplates doing something similar

superman.jpg

Eh, I've never really disliked this suit as much as some people do...but still, if there's one change I could make to THAT design, it'd be to go back to the traditional-looking :supes: shield. I hate HATE HATE that "Kingdom-Come-backslash" sh** - at least on Superman's chest, anyway; I admit to using it on my Eradicator re-design, because THERE I felt it was appropriate - but IMHO Superman himself should have a damn S on HIS chest like he has since 1938.

O.K., rant over. Other than that, I don't think that suit's too bad, frankly.

I veiw a realistic superman like Superman Secret Identity, Superman For all season, Superman birthright, Lois and Clark, the Richard Donner/Bryan Singer Superman movies, Superman Red Son,JL:The Nail,It'S Superman novel, Max Fleishicer Superman serial, Bruce Timm Superman,John Bryne Superman Man of steel,Geof John, Kurt Busiek/Richard Donner Superman miniseries and the early Jerry Siegel Joe Shuster Superman stories . Clark came from a small town in Kansas and moves to Chicago and works for the Chicago Tribune. He is a methodist and joins the Chicago Tribune because which allows him to keep track of ongoing events where he might be of help and uses the power of the press to help people who can’t help themselves.

the reason Clark wear glasses is that it prevents from being recognized from a distance, and since Superman's eyes are an unnaturally vivid shade of blue the glasses diffuse the color and make his eyes appear more human in that identity. Superman would vibrate his face , use robots, Bruce Wayne or other people to help him with his Superman disguise. Clark learns the Meisner technique so that he can seamlessly move between his Clark and Superman personas. As Clark, he drops his head, lowers his shoulders, bends his back forward a little bit and talks in a lighter tone, while as Superman, he stands straight and talks in a deeper tone. As a baby because he has genetic mutation that boosts muscle growth muscles twice the size of other children his age and half their body fat and can hold 3,15kg weights with arms extended.Clark has been depicted as having a youthful (if somewhat secretive) career as a superhero, he has not been depicted in costume--at least in his own time. As a member of the futuristic Legion, the teenage Clark does sport a "Superman" costume and goes by the superman name.Clark moves to Chicago after his dad dies.

Superman is a grim, strong-willed, and not afraid to take the life of an evildoer unless it is absolutley nessicarry. Superman fights real-world social evils(munitions manufacturers, dangerous conditions in mines and a hit-and-run drunk drivers, rigged prize fights and corrupt businessmen, child abusers and wife beaters and crooked cops and politicians ) and superpowered criminal(Metallo, Bizarro,Robots,Giants etc).Clark as a normal, shy, everyday guy(Christophor Reeve,Brandon Routh and early Golden age clark) demonstrating occasional touches of clumsiness (e.g., pretending to burn his mouth on coffee,froget his press pass) but also is like the John Bryne and George Reeves Clark. But he mostly aces like the Clark in Superman Birthright, Smallville, Superman:Secret Identity and and the early Jerry Siegel Joe Shuster Superman. The colors of Superman(red, blue, yellow) and the S Symbol stands for hope, healing and is the family crest of the house of el because the first el that brought peace to the planet after a civil uprising and A benevolent world government is formed and maintained, and Luthor presides over a string of scientific achievements, including the cure of all known disease, and colonisation of the solar system and created the science council.
I'll post more later
about Lois,Perry, Jimmy, Lex and more.

Okay, let’s say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight constitute what would be “Ultimate Batman

Umm NO!

an ultimate Batman would be a return to the dark, seedy, noirish, comic book-ish STYLIZED(which is something the Nolan films stayed away from) version of BATMAN

As far as ULTIMATE SUPERMAN.... he died in 2004... his name was Christopher Reeve

I'd take a really lame story's premise, a fan story 'explaining' how Clark's glasses gave him a genuinely different appearance that Supes and people in the know NEVER NOTICED, toss out the 'special elements in the glass' crap.

This version of Superman can turn off his invulnerability. He can also put it into a mixed mode where his body is somewhat moldable. He loses an inch or two in height an appears to get flaabier to become Kent. It takes pretty much full concentration to completely shut off his invulnerability, but the semi mode can be maintained pretty easily. In the Kent form, he has the level of indestructibiltiy he had in the 30s, bullet proof and a grenade could knock him out. His clothing doesn't change, he still has to slip into an unoccupied room to become Superman or Clark again.

I'm thinking Sean Murray (NCIS) for Kent, at 6'1" and Brandon Roush (6'3") as Superman if it gets to the movie making stage.

His power fluctuates depending on use. He taps an energy source that evidence points to as the sun, but as a battery his levels fluctuate. (What he doesn't realize is that Yellow solar exposure enablies him to convert some of his mass to energy, replacing an explanation for his energy supply that fails to remotely cover feats Superman is shown doing with one that can adequately, easily meet most of his needs .

Luthor. Age: about 10 years older than Superman, NOT a former schoolmate of Perry White's. Formerly one of the richest and most respected men on the planet. Never became President. Ran and was ruined by the Planet's expose of his criminal empire. Caught and jailed twice. facing several consecutive life sentences, two without possibility of parole. Escaped twice, has learned to stay behind the scenes and hire proxies against the Man of Steel and anybody else he feels like dumping on.

His pockets, despite federal seizure are never empty. He has a device capable of transporting him to other dimensions, primarily an Earth that orbits a red star peculiarly about Sol's mass. (It should burn hotter. Unknown why it isn't.) The Earth equivalent here is Lexor, whose human populace treats him like a God, since he managed to get them out of post nuclear war problems.

He isn't technically the planetary leader but what he suggests the High Council usually does.

Brainiac: a gestalt of Vril Dox, Coluan native and telepath and the Coluan computer network. Projected into space to drive off the Sun Eater, more specifically to mentally control the Controller who operates the Sun eater to leave. Brainiac both suceeded in his mission and managed to throw off planet side control. He imbued his mind into some of the plasma of the Sun Eater and left the Coluan system.

Brainiac is both a possessor of minds and machines. He takes a lving or cyber host depending on what suits his needs at the time. Briefly contacts Milton Fine and possesses him. He's more than Fine's mind can handle. He wants a more durable body. Superman's seems better suited and his goal is to take Superman's body.

He gets sidetracked when his psi probing into an unfamiliar phenomena awakens Silver Banshee, who pretty much is unchanged from the original. She does have to pray to and make promises to sacrifice seven innocents to Blaze to be able to leave her castle.

Superman has to juggle the twin menaces of Brainiac and Silver Banshee, while Luthor acts, taking advantage of Superman's distraction.

This is my "Ultimate Superman":

Superman

When the series would start, hed be like 60, and kind of the role model of all the other heroes in the DC Universe. Batman would be like 25 at this point. But even though Supes would be 60, he'd look about 40 because of his kryptonian heritage. He was sent in a ship from Krypton (possibly teleported somehow maybe?) because of an experiment conducted with the Phantom Zone that somehow destroyed the planet. The only other kryptonian to escape would be Zod (and possibly Supergirl). He lands in Kansas, and almost kills Jonathan and Martha upon impact when his ship turns their car over. They bribe the adoption office so that they can quickly adopt him, no questions asked. He grows up bullied and kind of timid, but shows promise writing for the school paper. He eventually lands a job in Metropolis for a lesser paper, where he quickly becomes an opponent of a young Daily Planet reporter, Lois Lane.

The Costume

Dark black, with dark red boots, belt and cape. No symbol on the cape. His symbol would be kinda like the Kingdom Come one.
It's made from fabric found in his spaceship so it's virtually indestructable.

Fortress of Solitude

Kind of like the Smallville one, except that Jor-El is more like a computer program. he sometimes doesn't understand what Clark says to him (maybe he runs with windows ;) ), because the question isn't asked correctly. He speaks kryptonian, which Clark learned somehow on the journey to Earth.

Lex Luthor

Not many changes here, except that he never knew Clark during the Smallvilletime.

Parasite

He's basically the main villain. Created by Luthorcorp as an experiment to give soldiers the ability to extract memories upon touch (to make information-gathering easer), he became insane when the project went wrong and he not only absorbed the memories but also the "lifeforce" and metahuman abilities of the people he touched. He has no control over this. He retains the abilities he absorbs for about a week. Strength of abilities depend on how long he was in contact with the victims. He reacts strangely when in contactwith Supes because he is kryptonian. Looks like a normal human, but wears a purple/red protective suit (inda like the giant man suit in The Ultimates).

Bizarro

Not actually called this, he is a clone of Superman made from a strand of hair.
Due to Supes being kryptonian, this clone becomes ****ed up, with pale skin and yellow eyes. believes himself to be the real Superman, and battles the ordinary Supes because of this.

I want to see a Superman like this (for experimentation, not sure if it would be the "ultimate") :

Cut his strength into a quarter of what it traditionally is... something along the lines of John Byrne's thinking. He won't be able to lift any continents. He'll struggle to keep a jet from crashing.

No flying. The original Superman only jumped great distances, and I think we take flying for granted... let's see how he manages without it.

So he'll have the ability to leap incredibly great distances.

No heat-ray vision.

No ice-breath.

X-Ray vision is acceptable.

Kryptonite included. Within a certain radius depending on the size of the stone, he becomes sick, weak, and dehabilitated.

Invulnerability to all earth weapons.

(Possibly) Immortal.

Last edited:
I think "Smallville" constitutes as an "Ultimate Superman".

Younger, more vulnerable. Still feeling the teenage angst with his past completely redone.

Okay, let’s say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight constitute what would be “Ultimate Batman.” If you could come up with a totally new version of Superman, from the top, that was separate from the current continuity but still in line thematically, the way the Nolanverse is, how would you do it?

How would you re-envision Krypton?
What would you add to the Kents and Smallville?
What would you add to the supporting cast?
How would you update and re-imagine the villains?

Things like that…

I know one thing that I would want to do would be to clearly define the scientific properties of Kryptonite and how it effects Superman, and stick with it, like the range of the radiation, exactly how long it takes to kill a Kryptonian, that sort of thing.
well for krypton it would be similar to STAS and a little bit of Superman the movie. For

superman: Clark will be more assertive and Superman come in between Gerard Christopher and Christopher Reeve.

The villians Lex would still have a head full of hair and would be three years older than Superman, Brainiac would be similar to the animated series and the silver age brainiac.

In fact, i written an outline for ultimate superman

Last edited:
Andy C is pretty inline with whatever 'vision' I could possibly come up with. It's almost exactly how I see things.

Really love the Darkseid concept. That would be ****ing EPIC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"