If Warner doesn't use Welling for Supes..Then...

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
If Warner decides not to use Welling for the Superman reboot. Then the least they can do for the fans. Is that have Tom appear in the suit. Whether it be for the finale or even better the last few episodes of the series.

Please don't give me the no tights rule. I assume most of that was discussed 8 years ago when the show first started and the producers/actors had no idea the show would last this long...let alone get renewed for a second season.

Yea, and the two main guys to make the rule are gone now. So when they went I think the rules did too lol But lets just hopeeeeeee he does become Superman

I think they have to do something. The whole point of the show is to lead up to Clark Kent finally becoming Superman; that's the climax, the finale, the money shot. To not have some kind of nod to that (be it a full shot of the suit, or just him pulling open his shirt to expose the S in the final shot of the final episode) would be a travesty and a bit of an insult to the fans who have followed the show for years and waited for this.

Indeed. He should be Superman in the final episode. The only way I would buy them not doing that is if they would want to save it for the movie (in case Tom's in it) but then they would have to give us a shirt rip at least.

Welling should never, ever be Superman in a major motion picture.

Smallville should never end with Welling not being in the suit.

I hope we see tom in the suit at the end of the show , I'd take a shirt rip , a look to the camera and a take off and a fly over the city . hehe , dont want much do i ?

What will having Tom Welling in the suit do? That would be the biggest tease with no pay-off, you got to be kidding me.? You think I have A Tom Welling for Superman glitch now, I'll be so pissed at the Reboot without him I'll :bh: out and go SMASH the WB studio with my bare hands. :cmad:

^^^That's what I'm talkin bout!!:woot::ninja:

Considering Tom Welling openly admits that he doesn't like Superman, I doubt he'd be in a movie. I'm still scratching my head as to why he took this role if he dislikes it, but I guess money makes people do strange things.

Welling has never said openly or otherwise that he doesnt like Superman. Please stop spouting these silly rumors that have long since been debunked.

In the book Superman vs. Hollywood, they talk about how Welling and the producers agreed to keep him out of the suit, to avoid the stigma actors can have from playing Superman. Instead they settled on him wearing primary colors as Clark Kent.

As good as it would be, why would he even need to wear the suit? There is no disguise as is already, everyone knows his face in smallville and now it seems in metropolis.

As good as it would be, why would he even need to wear the suit? There is no disguise as is already, everyone knows his face in smallville and now it seems in metropolis.

He could put on the suit and glasses to become Superman.

:word:

In the book Superman vs. Hollywood, they talk about how Welling and the producers agreed to keep him out of the suit, to avoid the stigma actors can have from playing Superman. Instead they settled on him wearing primary colors as Clark Kent.

thats not correct. Either you're misquoting the book or they have their facts wrong. There were NEVER at any time plans to put Clark in the suit in Smallville until the very end. I'm not rehashing this entire thing again but WB asked Welling to read for Smallville and wouldnt give him or his agent any details on the series other than that it was "Superman in high school." They had visions of another Superboy series and didnt seem interested. Once the show runners came back to them a few days later after they wanted Tom for the role, they explained the concept of the show to him and he signed a few days later. There were never plans to put Tom in the supersuit in any episode but the very final one.

I was looking at the book when I typed that. But how is it different than what you said?

Last edited:
for a record TW NEVER said that he doesn't like superman

infact he said that he admire superman caharcter and he grew up watching chritopher reeve movies

HOWEVER he doesn't want to be typecasetd in superman role which is understandab

I was looking at the book when I typed that. But how is it different than what you said?

what you said indicated that there were plans to put him in the suit and he and the producers negotiated their way out of it or something. In actuality, there was never any intention of putting him in the suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"