• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

If you loved Office Space, help Idiocracy!!

ultimatefan

The Batman must come back
Reaction score
It´s hard to believe, well, it´s not, considering it´s Satan´s clogged toilet aka Fox, but they didn´t learn the lesson. Remember when Fox dumped Office Space with no fanfare whatsoever and the movie ended up becoming one of the big cult comedies of the last ten years on DVD and such? Well, the studio´s doing the same dang thing to Idiocracy, a movie whose premise reeks of Judge´s brand comedy (average guy wakes up in the future to find out he´s the smartest person alive). It´s releasing it in just a few cities to see it die quickly. if you´re lucky enough that it´s around your city, and if you´re among the ones who laughed your butt off OS´ sharp satire, go see it, drag your friends and girlfriend/boyfriend, dammit, kidnap people into the ****ing theater... In AICN there´re already a couple reviews telling that judge has been once again inequivocally robbed...

BTW, I know there was a thread on this a couple pages ago, but I felt the need to be a little more emphatic on the thing - you know, did you not receive my memo...

Yeah, this is actually playing at a sweet theatre downtown, I was thinking about going to see it. You just sold me.

Since FOX suck so badly I will have to wait for the DVD :( :mad:

Wait... Not even a damn trailer for the film is out???

Chev Chelios said:
Yeah, this is actually playing at a sweet theatre downtown, I was thinking about going to see it. You just sold me.
Spread the word!:up:

It amazes me that Fox is being given all these great ideas (Office Space, Arrested Development, X-Men) and is severly misusing all of them. :(

Wait.... its already out? Jesus, Fox wont stop screwing Judge over.

WorthyStevens4 said:
It amazes me that Fox is being given all these great ideas (Office Space, Arrested Development, X-Men) and is severly misusing all of them. :(

yup. they manage to keep f***in up all over the place.

I just saw the film mere moments ago and I actually liked it quite a bit (although the other 8 people I went with did not). It's funny and has a really biting sense of social satire.

If you can, you should at least check it out.

ultimatefan said:
It´s hard to believe, well, it´s not, considering it´s Satan´s clogged toilet aka Fox, but they didn´t learn the lesson. Remember when Fox dumped Office Space with no fanfare whatsoever and the movie ended up becoming one of the big cult comedies of the last ten years on DVD and such? Well, the studio´s doing the same dang thing to Idiocracy, a movie whose premise reeks of Judge´s brand comedy (average guy wakes up in the future to find out he´s the smartest person alive). It´s releasing it in just a few cities to see it die quickly. if you´re lucky enough that it´s around your city, and if you´re among the ones who laughed your butt off OS´ sharp satire, go see it, drag your friends and girlfriend/boyfriend, dammit, kidnap people into the ****ing theater... In AICN there´re already a couple reviews telling that judge has been once again inequivocally robbed...

BTW, I know there was a thread on this a couple pages ago, but I felt the need to be a little more emphatic on the thing - you know, did you not receive my memo...

Wow? This is becoming a track record for FOX...

What was the downside of marketing this film just a bit? I hardly think it would be worse than the other movies that FOX has released this year (John Tucker Must Die, Garfield 2, Aquamarine, Just My Luck, My Super-Ex Girlfriend).

-Kingdom of Heaven: FOX forced Ridley Scott to severely cut the film for the sake of wanting to make more money, but ended up losing money when the film's BO was disappointing. It took a big cry from people who wanted to see Scott's true vision of the film for FOX to release the Director's Cut.

I definitely would see this if it was playing anywhere near me.

This sucks. :down:

Obsidian said:
Wow? This is becoming a track record for FOX...

What was the downside of marketing this film just a bit? I hardly think it would be worse than the other movies that FOX has released this year (John Tucker Must Die, Garfield 2, Aquamarine, Just My Luck, My Super-Ex Girlfriend).

-Kingdom of Heaven: FOX forced Ridley Scott to severely cut the film for the sake of wanting to make more money, but ended up losing money when the film's BO was disappointing. It took a big cry from people who wanted to see Scott's true vision of the film for FOX to release the Director's Cut.

Wait a minute... a DC of KOH is already out or in the works?

Alonsovich said:
Wait a minute... a DC of KOH is already out or in the works?

It's already out. I've got it!:up:

B000EHSVQ4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55555226_.jpg

d7aa224128a0838a86f6b010.L.jpg

Obsidian said:
It's already out. I've got it!:up:

B000EHSVQ4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55555226_.jpg

d7aa224128a0838a86f6b010.L.jpg

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!! Tell me there's a region 2 of this...

Hasn't this movie been edited a whole lot? I remember reading it some where. I t runs over 80 minutes, so I would assume stuff has been cut out.

I might check this out,Office Space was mad funny

This has been a relatively bad couple months for Luke Wilson. Actually he hasn't opened a hit since 2003. He needs to do Old School 2 I guess.

It's not playing in DC?!?!?!? F***!!!

i would probably go see this movie if i could. from what i hear it's okay... but the fact that i haven't so much as seen a preview for it, and it's only getting a limited release doesn't fill me with the utmost of confidence. and please don't give me this 'fox' crap. they spent money on this movie, and if it was worth putting out there, and they thought it'd make money, you don't think they would?

Mr. Credible said:
i would probably go see this movie if i could. from what i hear it's okay... but the fact that i haven't so much as seen a preview for it, and it's only getting a limited release doesn't fill me with the utmost of confidence. and please don't give me this 'fox' crap. they spent money on this movie, and if it was worth putting out there, and they thought it'd make money, you don't think they would?

in one word: no.

To be honest the movie isn't great. It's not even really good. But I enjoyed it for what it was, a social satire with an interesting (if not heavy-handed) message and some funny lines/jokes.

It's easy to see why Fox may have been reticent to release it. It's not going to please everyone. The other eight people I went with found it to be one of the most painful cinematic experiences that they've ever endured. And these people loved Office Space and a lot of the other stuff that Mike Judge has put out. I'm going to say it now... More people will hate this movie than like it.

It's just one of those movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"