• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics IGN "Enter the Gauntlet" preview

Spidey17

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://comics.ign.com/articles/102/1026877p1.html

Above is the link to the article. Below are my thoughts.

I haven't read Spidey comics since hearing of the decision forced upon Peter by the writers, and my own disgust, coupled with the reviews I read about that infamous comic, steered me clear away.My satisfaction of the last movie and the recent video games he's starred in (FoF was actually fun to play with my 7 yr old cousin, so I guess I won't count that against Spidey) like SM3 and WoS (I've mainly relied on reviews on for those two), has me wishing I never sold my uncle's comic collection, as well as the PS1 Spidey games I owned, the original being the best Spider-Man game by far, imo. And that is damn sad, since that game is over a decade old. But to my point, this Gauntlet business has me excited for Spider-Man comics once again, after reading comics with Mr. Negative as the main villain.:doh: Not saying he is a bad character, but I wish for the days of Ock, Goblin, and The Lizard. Also, the newest "Goblin" was a disgrace.

2) I got excited about Rhino from the sketches until I read the sleek Rhino was a different person, and Rhino was still a fat slob.

3) Sadly ign was the most informative on Wade's backstory, i did not know the experiment having an odd effect on his tumor was the reasoning for his revolting look. I also didn't know he used to be a baseline human either.

4) I like Chameleon and Electro's new look and motivations, respectively.:woot:

Dan Slott on IGN said:
Slott: Mysterio is all about misdirection. So sure, I could tell you that another Spider-Man villain is returning in this arc. I could also tell you that a long-thought-dead Spider-Man cast member was returning too. I could throw in some typos and see where that Leeds you. Maybe you're a Big enough Man to figure it out? Or maybe this is all just a smoke screen and you're Miles off course? By George, one of these has to be a clue, right? Or is this entire answer filled with lies, lies, and more lies? Never mind me. Just Carrion. I mean, carry on.

That is one awesome quote. Please be Ned. As the Big Man.

That is one awesome quote. Please be Ned. As the Big Man.

From that quote, it also looks to include Miles Warren and Carrion.

And could it mean George is referring to . . . Capt. Stacy??? :wow:

(By the way, where is our Captain Stacy lately?)

I donno. I'd rather see Leeds stay dead and Kingsley make an appearance.

Based on that preview, I think Electro is going to get guidance from Magneto to amplify/control his powers.

I'm glad Rhino has a similar look to his classic costume. He's gonna kick that newbie's butt :hyper:

Lord, what if the commenter on IGN is right? What if the "G. Stacy" wasnt Gabriel Stacy in the cryo-tube in American Son? What if its...George Stacy?:doh:

That would be effed!

No lizard damn and i hope george stacy stays dead.

I'm pretty sure Lizard is one of the villains the plan on using for the Gauntlet hence the promo pic, but I too was disappointed they didn't have an article on him.

Last edited:
I picked up "the gauntlat" sketch book and quoting from the book "the lizard takes over New York City in a colder way then ever before".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"