IGN's 25 Game Consoles of All Time

Yep, I think it was pretty awful actually. Though the controller itself was fairly comfortable, it had horrible button placement, the L1/R1 (or whatever they were called on that controller) were way too small, and ditto with the C-stick as well. Comfort is important, but the rest of the design was pretty poor, especially when you put it up against the PS2 and Xbox controllers.

The button placement was fine. There were only 1 L and R buttons.

PS2 controller is good but could have been better. The Xbox controllers were too bulky. I couldn't play with them.

The button placement wasn't fine for me, I really disliked it. Give me a choice, and I would have got the other two easily. Maybe I was thinking of the Z button perhaps, little purple thing that was below the L or R button. Thought there was two of those, but I'm probably mistaken, not played with one of those for awhile.

Dualshock is pretty much my favorite. The small Xbox controller (The X controller maybe) is fine, too. I can play with either, but I have a slight perference to the former

The button placement wasn't fine for me, I really disliked it. Give me a choice, and I would have got the other two easily. Maybe I was thinking of the Z button perhaps, little purple thing that was below the L or R button. Thought there was two of those, but I'm probably mistaken, not played with one of those for awhile.
The Z button was above the R button.

Dualshock is pretty much my favorite. The small Xbox controller (The X controller maybe) is fine, too. I can play with either, but I have a slight perference to the former
PS2 one should have been more ergonomic (Sony still hasn't done anything to change that). The surface of the analog sticks doesn't have enough traction so its more prone to slipping. The sticks also don't have a lot of resistance which makes the aforementioned problem worse.

I agree about the Playstation controller. I appreciate that it's sort of iconic, but I've never much cared for actually using the damn thing. There are so many little things Sony could do to improve it.

PS2 one should have been more ergonomic (Sony still hasn't done anything to change that). The surface of the analog sticks doesn't have enough traction so its more prone to slipping. The sticks also don't have a lot of resistance which makes the aforementioned problem worse.
Those tend to be common complaints I hear, but I've never really had a problem with it.

You think the GC controller is bad? That is the of of the most comfortable controllers ever. If you want a bad controller, try the 5200. Almost all of them were DOA out of the box.

Ocarina of Time and SM64 alone put it in the top 10. I never played the PS1 and I didn't really care for the PS2 but I'd be the first to admit the PS2 is one of the best consoles ever made.
Yes it was. It was one of the worst default controller designs Ive ever used on a console, probably beat by Nintendo's own N64 a generation before it. I really didnt care for the N64 as a system. It was when Nintendo lost me as a gamer and I havent looked back since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"