• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superman (2025) Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Lily Adler

🎼 Insanely Delicious 🎭
Staff member
Reaction score
You know the game! Guess the Tomatometer score for Superman!

I wouldn’t bother predicting a score this far out, but I’ll just say I HOPE it gets 80 or higher. I could live with something in the 70’s but anything below, and this really will be dead in the water. This needs to be undeniably acclaimed in order to shift the narrative of this whole DCU venture in the positive direction. And to me that means 80’s or above. Which, given Gunn’s CBM track record on RT, seems like a reasonable hope:

IMG_4050.jpeg

Funny, the lowest score there is easily my favorite of the bunch lol.

RT is weirder for TV but Peacemaker also has a 90+.

I think the RT will be up there. Probably 85%+.

My powers of clairvoyance are predicting something in the region of a 70% - 75% critic's score

My powers of clairvoyance are predicting something in the region of a 70% - 75% critic's score
AkShney.gif

I'm going to say around 72%.

My way too early shot in the dark is that it lands somewhere in the 80's. I trust that Gunn will deliver a good movie at the end of the day but critics aren't as forgiving when it comes to the genre as they were just a few years ago.

No idea, but if it's low, then the DCU is doa.

Based off an extremely blind assumption.

This character, historically, is not one Gunn has typically gravitated towards. Superman seemingly doesn't fit Gunn's style in general.

Based off that, I don't see it doing as well as GOTG1 or TSS. Maybe around the same range as GOTG3 or lower.

I think, knowing Gunn, that it will be good, very good even. Probably even the film we wished we got in MoS.
But, I still don't think it will sniff a billion.

Based off an extremely blind assumption.

This character, historically, is not one Gunn has typically gravitated towards. Superman seemingly doesn't fit Gunn's style in general.

Based off that, I don't see it doing as well as GOTG1 or TSS. Maybe around the same range as GOTG3 or lower.
Lovable costumed characters with all kinds of powers with issues of where they fit in within their world?

I really don't understand the value RT has on the industry. So many films (imo) have been given a totally unjustified score that I don't hold any stock in what they score something anymore.
As long as I enjoy the film, that's all I care about.

It compiles movie and tv reviews and the score/rating makes it even more interesting. It can also be used as a guide or recommendation on which movies/shows to watch.

Anyway, as pointed many times over. If you are really interested in seeing a movie, a site like Rotten Tomatoes shouldn't bother you.

I think the post is just for fun, there is no meat tray if you guessed right.

I worry the movie could do well but Superman is held at such a high standard that reviews are going to to tough.

I would hope for 80+ but something in the 70s would still not be a disaster. Below 70 and the DCU would have one step in the grave.

I'm hoping for it to land in the 80s. If Superman Returns can get 74%, I'd hope its significantly better than that. But I know the current day standard for superhero films is higher so who knows.

Hoping Rotten Tomatoes for Superman gets at least a solid 79 or 80 to start off James Gunn's DC because then you have a solid foundation for the universe going forward

I would have to see more to get a better vibe of what direction and world Gunn is building. Critics seem to enjoy JG's work and Gunn has a pulse on what the audience likes from a CBM while being different enough to the typical formula. A better understanding will be had after the first trailer.

An early shot in the dark prediction going off of nothing at this point, I'll go with a 72-74%. I feel critics will enjoy it givin Gunn's scoring history, but with a character like Superman, it's still a gamble out of his wheelhouse and critics are always destined to judge harshly when it comes to Supes.

IMO, the critics aren't judging harshly, the films just haven't been up to snuff since 1983.

94% Superman
83% Superman II
74% Superman Returns
56% Man of Steel
29% Superman III
29% Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
10% Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

:legacy:

94% Superman
83% Superman II
74% Superman Returns
56% Man of Steel
29% Superman III
29% Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
10% Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

:legacy:
If Superman Returns can get 74%, Gunn could easily get here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"