Ant-Man (2015): Rotten Tomatoes Watch/Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDudeSpidey

Marvel's
Reaction score
Ant-Man Rotten Tomatoes Watch & Predictions Thread! :)

Last edited:
I'll be conservative, and say somewhere in the 70s. Marvel movies almost never do worse than that, and they usually don't do better without some kind of special "zing", which I don't think Ant-Man will have.

I'm thinking it will rest between 75% to 79%.

I honestly would not be all that shocked if this was Marvel's first rotten movie.
It's one of those things where even if it does fail it will be a blip on the radar. Marvel has some huge movies coming up, Ant-man failing critically is the worst case scenario. It's pretty much a given they'll make their money back, so the worse case scenario really isn't all that bad.

Let just come here to give our predictions in 2-3 weeks time when we have some movie reactions :)

Its too early to make any form of prediction

Voted 80-89% those TV spots make me optimistic

I'm thinking this will be Marvel's first rotten. From everything I've read and seen, it would take a miracle to make this not a mess. 40-49%.

It's starting to look more like Green Lantern than Iron Man but I don't think it will be rotten. I don't see this being in the 50s.

I'll be an optimist for once and go with 80-89 (though I'd be more comfortable with 75-84). My guess at an RT summary after the votes are in is something like:

"The script is derivative and many jokes fall flat but Paul Rudd's charm and spectacular special effects save Ant-Man from extermination."

Nothing about it signifies "crap" so I gave it the 80% - 89% range.

I'm guessing somewhere in the 70's, though I think the potential is there for it to be higher. I can't see it going any lower than the upper 60's at the bare minimum.

Has any Marvel film ever gotten a rotten? The Hulk is the only film that's gotten under 70% right? I think the movie will be great, it'll be fun but there are people who really want to hate it. From the complaining to any mention of the Avengers to the comedy. Then you have the Edgar Wright fans who are still crying.

It won't be terrible because Marvel hasn't made a terrible movie yet and I don't think they'll start at the end of phase 2.

I agree i think it will be a 65-70% the reactions i have gotten everytime i see the trailer at the movies i get a pretty " was that serious?" vibe but I am looking forward to it i hope it gets as good as a rating like Guardians

I'm really looking forward to it. I never doubted Guardians would be a hit so I can't really say 'I hope it pulls a guardians' since that doesn't have meaning to me personally.

But I hope it pulls a guardians :oldrazz:

Probably mid-70s. Hopefully higher though!

With all the positive tweets I don't think this goes lower than 84%.

Green Lantern comparisons? Really? Yeesh.

Calling final RT of low to mid 80's, though 70's is admittedly a safer bet.

RT will probably be around 75-85.

Metacritic will be tougher though, anything about 65 would be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"