Homecoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Marvel is 9 for 9 thus far. Even their worst films have been decent, and the most recent one was their best yet.

Meanwhile, Sony is 2 for 7 and has produced five duds in a row. Forget Marvel. Fox and WB have a better track record than that too.

Well you are being too critical
How come TASM and SM3 are 'bad' while TDW and Incredible Hulk are decent,while all of them have been similarly received?(Infact TASM was received a lot better)

Going by that Sony has a record of 4/5(not counting the Ghost Rider movies) while Fox 5/7

My problem with Sony is not as much about quality of the recent movies but more with their obsession to combat Marvel and Fox in building a universe,that's whats gonna run Spidey into the ground in the coming years if not already

Well I don't think any of Marvel's movies can be classified as 'bad' (haven't seen TDW yet though),I think they have great track record so far

The only reason they combine/modify the villains is because their Heroes don't have any credible rogue gallery

Iron Man greatest villain is a guy with 10 magical rings,How ridiculous is that?No wonder they didn't use him
Meanwhile Spider-man has the best rogue gallery in Marvel for sure,they don't need to experiment at all

One of the reason I love spider man so much he has so many good great villains. We are 5 spider man movies in and have used a lot of great good villains and yet we still have at least a coupe great good villains that haven't been used yet.

Besides Doc Ock the villains in the Spider-Man franchise as a whole have been weak... 1 villain in 5 movies (containing a total of 9) they got right. That's 11% lol... That includes casting, costume, acting and script/story telling. Doc Ock is the only one who checks all those boxes off IMO, what about the other 8? Pretty pathetic if you ask me...

Besides Doc Ock the villains in the Spider-Man franchise as a whole have been weak... 1 villain in 5 movies they got right. That includes casting, costume, acting and script/story telling. Pretty pathetic if you ask me...

I don't agree green goblin in sm 1 was great.even the costume. Lizzard and elector in asm1 and asm2 both good and rhino to even if only in the movie for a short time. The only will bad villain I would say is venom because he wasn't in sm3 long enough and kind of sandman because the uncle ben thing.

Well you are being too critical
How come TASM and SM3 are 'bad' while TDW and Incredible Hulk are decent,while all of them have been similarly received?(Infact TASM was received a lot better)

Going by that Sony has a record of 4/5(not counting the Ghost Rider movies) while Fox 5/7

My problem with Sony is not as much about quality of the recent movies but more with their obsession to combat Marvel and Fox in building a universe,that's whats gonna run Spidey into the ground in the coming years if not already

In this case, I'm talking about my own personal opinion. I would take IM2, TDW, or TIH any day over SM3 and TASM1.

But yeah, you are absolutely correct about Sony's obsession on jumping on the larger universe bandwagon.

Spidey's kinda his own category. Whether that's good or bad, may be up to interpretation.

I don't agree green goblin in sm 1 was great.even the costume. Lizzard and elector in asm1 and asm2 both good and rhino to even if only in the movie for a short time. The only will bad villain I would say is venom because he wasn't in sm3 long enough and kind of sandman because the uncle ben thing.

You're forgetting the snowboarding goblin.

Sorry, but why do you keep saying "elector"? :lmao:

You're forgetting the snowboarding goblin.

Do people really consider Harry a villain? He was blinded by his personal vendetta against Spider-Man, but helped save MJ in 2 and both Peter and Mary Jane in 3.

Do people really consider Harry a villain? He was blinded by his personal vendetta against Spider-Man, but helped save MJ in 2 and both Peter and Mary Jane in 3.

How did he help save MJ in 2? By sending Otto after Peter and almost killing her in the process?

And he was more of a villain than Harry was in TASM 2, as far as screen time goes anyways. TASM 2 ruined Harry for me... I wish they left him out of it like they originally intended.

And he was more of a villain than Harry was in TASM 2, as far as screen time goes anyways. TASM 2 ruined Harry for me... I wish they left him out of it like they originally intended.

In red: I don't think screentime is the best measure as to whether something was a good villian or not. Equivalent to saying, "Kafka was a deeper villian then the Joker, as far as funny German accents go at least"

In green: Citation? I've never heard of that before. I thought they always intended to do Gwen's death, therefore Goblin, therefore Electro to keep people guessing, there was a big fuss about it in the forums.

In this case, I'm talking about my own personal opinion. I would take IM2, TDW, or TIH any day over SM3 and TASM1.

But yeah, you are absolutely correct about Sony's obsession on jumping on the larger universe bandwagon.

Ah Okay

I was talking about the reception in general

Besides Doc Ock the villains in the Spider-Man franchise as a whole have been weak... 1 villain in 5 movies (containing a total of 9) they got right. That's 11% lol... That includes casting, costume, acting and script/story telling. Doc Ock is the only one who checks all those boxes off IMO, what about the other 8? Pretty pathetic if you ask me...

You are talking memorable Villains.There are very very few in all of comic book movies.And I would Green Goblin in SM1 was excellent

Besides what Villains in recent times have been good?
Bane,Talia,Scarecrow,Zod,Redskull,Mandarin,Whiplash,Killian,Abomination,Deadpool? Blech!!

Green Goblin,Winter Soldier,Loki(in TA),Stane,Two-face= Pretty Decent

DocOck and Joker=Memorable

That ratio must be even worse than 11%

How did he help save MJ in 2? By sending Otto after Peter and almost killing her in the process?

Peter Parker: [gets up] Harry, where is she? He's got MJ!
Harry Osborn: No... all he wanted was the tritium.
Peter Parker: Tritium? He's making the machine again. When he does, she'll die alone with half of New York, now where is he?
Harry Osborn: [pause] Peter... you killed my father.
Peter Parker: There are bigger things happening here than me and you.

Yes, I know, Nick...

I just find it hilarious how he keeps repeating it. It just sounds funny.

Yeah, I just feel like people always get on him about his spelling. And I feel like there's no need for that.

Anyway on topic: my prediction 74% this will no doubt change a lot haha.

Yeah, I just feel like people always get on him about his spelling. And I feel like there's no need for that.

Oh. Didn't know people did that.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, I was genuinely curious with my question. :)

Andrew was good but the aftermath was just bad. I would have preferred if it ended with her funeral and no Rhino.

I can sorta agree with this even though the rhino wasn't awful to me. I would've preferred a final swing showing Spidey back in action if anything, it would've made it a bit more epic-ish.

Sandman was an okay villan until they made him uncle ben's killer. I didn't mind when I watched that in the theater because I was pretty young and I didn't care. But **** that pisses me off still.

I wasn't a big fan of Sandman being Ben's killer either, but I didn't hate it nearly as much as Norman Osborn not being Gwen's killer. That is THE single most important thing that Norman ever did and they took it away from him, Spider-Man's greatest villain. I still can't believe how badly ASM2 ruined one of the greatest of all comic book bad guys.

I wasn't a big fan of Sandman being Ben's killer either, but I didn't hate it nearly as much as Norman Osborn not being Gwen's killer. That is THE single most important thing that Norman ever did and they took it away from him, Spider-Man's greatest villain. I still can't believe how badly ASM2 ruined one of the greatest of all comic book bad guys.

I agree! :(

Its too early to predict and vote.

But I don't see how it could be lower than TASM2's rating. However, before seeing the film and the reviews came in, I thought TASm2's RT rating would be higher than the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"