Mine:

1) ASM (9.1)
2) X-men 3 (6.2)
3) Iron Man 2 (6.1)
4) Hulk (5.7)
5) Watchmen (5.2)
6) Superman Returns (4.9)
7) Spider-man 3 (4.1)

I admit those are fanboy ratings based on what I wanted from those movies.

Amazing spiderman
Ironman 2
Watchmen
Hulk
Superman returns
X men 3
Spiderman 3

I kind of switch on these in terms of which I felt were worse overall so not really in order. All were a disappointment on some level but are still watchable imo.
-Watchmen
-Iron Man 2
-Amazing Spider-man
-Spider-Man 3
-X-3

Didn't care for these at all.
-Superman Returns
-Hulk

Last edited:
Is the ranking by how much we like them, or by how polarizing they are?

Rotten Tomato critic ranking:

1) Superman Returns (76%)
2) Iron Man 2 (75%)
3) Amazing Spider-man (73%)
4) Watchmen (65%)
5) Spider-man 3 (63%)
6) Hulk (62%)
7) X-men 3 (57%)

What are your rankings?

1:Amazing Spider-Man
2:Superman Returns
3:Spider-Man 3
4:Iron Man 2
5:Watchmen
6:X-Men:The Last Stand
7:Hulk

I enjoyed Iron Man 2 and Watchmen, and still don't understand what was wrong with them per se.

Interesting idea for a poll.

Iron Man 2 (easily best of the bunch)
Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man are about even for me.
X-Men: The Last Stand I think is VERY flawed, but I like some aspects of it (Mags, teamwork, etc)
Hulk...at least it is put together in an interesting way, despite it's faults
Watchmen (way overrated film...poor pacing, bad ending)
Superman Returns (butchers the character, nothing happens, miscasting all around, messy script, etc...easily worst of the bunch by far)

#1 Superman Returns (I actually quite like SR in spite of its flaws)

#2 X-Men 3 (messed up but entertaining)

#3 Amazing Spider-Man (deeply flawed but sets up a promising franchise)

#4 Spider-Man 3 (deeply flawed but some fun action sequences)

#5 Iron Man 2 (mediocre and boring IMO)

#6 Hulk (pretentious but still fun in places)

#7 Watchmen (pretentious and nihilistic... not a big fan of the story or characters to be honest)

I enjoyed Iron Man 2 and Watchmen, and still don't understand what was wrong with them per se.

Watchmen - As others have mentioned it suffers from poorly chosen tone, casting (outside of Nite Owl/Manhattan) and sloppy alterations from the graphic novel.

Iron Man 2 - Nothing really memorable or exciting really happens. The villains don't seem like a true threat and there's no compelling character or story arc. Iron Man 3 seems intent on fixing these problems.

Neither are terrible movies but they fell far short of expectations set up from a highly acclaimed, original Iron Man movie and highly acclaimed graphic novel. Because they were surprisingly average movies there was a sizable backlash.

Amazing Spider-man
Watchmen
Superman Returns
Hulk
X-men 3
Spider-man 3
Iron Man 2

ASM is a legitimately good movie; it doesn't even deserve to be on this also-rans list. I also liked The Watchmen, though I understand why it's generally frowned up. And the last 3 movies on my list are basically interchangeable with each other.

My ranking:

1. Iron Man 2
2. X-Men 3
3. Amazing Spiderman
4. Watchmen
5. Hulk

6. Spiderman 3
6. Superman Returns

Both get 6 because i cant decide which one i like the least. Spiderman 3 is one of the only movies i've seen in my life where i kept staring at the watch wondering how long it was and when it was going to end, and Superman... i dont even know where to begin :doh:

Rotten Tomato critic ranking:

1) Superman Returns (76%)
2) Iron Man 2 (75%)
3) Amazing Spider-man (73%)
4) Watchmen (65%)
5) Spider-man 3 (63%)
6) Hulk (62%)
7) X-men 3 (57%)

What are your rankings?

1. The Amazing Spider-Man
2. Iron Man 2
3. Watchmen
4. X-Men 3
5. Spider-Man 3
6. Hulk
7. Superman Returns

Amazing Spider-man
Watchmen
Superman Returns
Hulk
X-men 3
Spider-man 3
Iron Man 2

ASM is a legitimately good movie; it doesn't even deserve to be on this also-rans list. I also liked The Watchmen, though I understand why it's generally frowned up. And the last 3 movies on my list are basically interchangeable with each other.

I like ASM also but it is a very divisive movie.

Interesting poll.

I'd say.

1. Watchmen (Ultimate Cut)
2. Hulk (very very under-rated I think. Ang Lee I thought did great with it)
3. Iron Man 2 (had flaws, but was still enjoyable)
4. Superman Returns (very slow, but still overall a decently made film)

5. The Amazing Spider-Man (the film just felt all over the place with tone, it needed to find a voice I hope TASM2 will do so.)
6. X-Men 3 (ya lots of death and terrible characterization, but it still had some good action)
7. Spiderman 3 (had some good stuff in there, but overall it was too much crammed in there)

Watchmen - could've been better, but I think Snyder did an admirable job and I quite enjoy it
Iron Man 2
Hulk - I have huge issues with this one, but it's pretty well made, so I wouldn't feel right about ranking it below the rest to come
X-Men 3 - I mean... it's entertaining. Plus Kelsey Grammer as Beast was just awesome
Superman Returns - Gawd, so boring. Bosworth could not have been more miscast. Routh was far too green for the lead role... I'd say the only real thing the movie has going for it was Spacey, but his Lex was pretty much just Hackman's Lex, so there's little compliment in that
Spider-Man 3 - Awful, awful note for Raimi's trilogy to end on. There's too much going on

I'm leaving ASM out as I haven't seen it yet. But given how uninteresting it looked to me, I'm guessing it'll rank middle to low on the list.

1. Iron Man 2(one of the best superhero movies ever made, IMO and far greater than many which are not on this list like all the Spidey, Batman or X-Men films).
2. The Amazing Spider-man

all the rest suck and aren't worth revisiting, IMO.

Suprised OP that you didn't put TIH on this list as well. It's the lowest MS has done on the RT meter with something like 67% or there-a-bouts.

1. Hulk (actually an AWESOME movie)
2. Watchmen (not as good as graphic novel but it wasn't bad)

3. The Amazing Spider-man (very disappointing imo)
4. Iron Man 2
5. Superman returns

6. Spider-man 3
7. X-men 3

Iron Man 2
Watchmen
Hulk
Spiderman 3
Xmen 3
The Amazing Spider-man

I haven't seen Superman Returns.

1. Watchmen
2. Iron Man 2
3. X-Men 3
4. Spider-Man 3
5. Amazing Spider-Man
6. Superman Returns
7. Hulk

But I didn't really hate or dislike any of them when I saw them.

1. Iron Man 2(one of the best superhero movies ever made, IMO and far greater than many which are not on this list like all the Spidey, Batman or X-Men films).
2. The Amazing Spider-man

all the rest suck and aren't worth revisiting, IMO.

Suprised OP that you didn't put TIH on this list as well. It's the lowest MS has done on the RT meter with something like 67% or there-a-bouts.

I debated on including TIH but decided it wasn't attacked that often by fanboys like the others so I didn't consider it as divisive.

I know people who either still haven't seen Incredible Hulk or did not see it until right before Avengers because of Ang Lee's Hulk.

Well based on how vocal criticism is in geek circles then I would say TDKR should be on here as well. I've heard just as much attcks on it as I've heard on IM2 or TASM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"