Homecoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I think you just need to think more about what you type SM2 :) Sometimes it feels as if you're rushing your posts, slow down a bit, maybe it'll improve your phrasing.

Spider-Man 3 was bad because Sony interfered. That's which is why TASM2 sucked. Sony interfered.

Can we atleast accept the fact that Marc Webb is extremely overrated as far as action movies are concerned and having the Transformers duo to write the script was a disaster waiting to happen

I dont get this obsession of blaming Sony for everything.They throw in millions on the budget and marketing even when they are almost bankrupt and give full freedom to the director and still it them who get blamed

Maybe this franchise will rise from the ashes, give us the best Spider-Man movie we've ever seen. The one we've all been waiting for.

Or maybe it'll end up below 50% and we'll all wish Marvel had the rights back...

Maybe this franchise will rise from the ashes, give us the best Spider-Man movie we've ever seen. The one we've all been waiting for.

Or maybe it'll end up below 50% and we'll all wish Marvel had the rights back...

In other words:

Either it's good or it's bad.

Yeah, I can agree with this prediction! :oldrazz:

And I'll never know why people assume Marvel owning the rights = a good movie.

Marvel Studios has a pretty good record with their films. However, I do agree with you. Iron Man, The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are their great films according to most people. The other films are either above average or bad.

Marvel Studios have shown that they have no problem combining several characters into one: such as Whiplash, or Mandarin. It works for me, however I care a lot more about Spider-Man's villains and if they'd do that (such as combining Mysterio and Chameleon) I'd be extremely disappointed.

Not saying SONY are better though. Most recently they screwed up Green Goblin and Gwen's death. I'd give Marvel Studios a chance to do Spider-Man films right any day of the week, even though I'm fully aware they're not perfect either.

Marvel is 9 for 9 thus far. Even their worst films have been decent, and the most recent one was their best yet.

Meanwhile, Sony is 2 for 7 and has produced five duds in a row. Forget Marvel. Fox and WB have a better track record than that too.

Can we atleast accept the fact that Marc Webb is extremely overrated as far as action movies are concerned and having the Transformers duo to write the script was a disaster waiting to happen

I dont get this obsession of blaming Sony for everything.They throw in millions on the budget and marketing even when they are almost bankrupt and give full freedom to the director and still it them who get blamed

This made me laugh.

Marvel Studios has a pretty good record with their films. However, I do agree with you. Iron Man, The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are their great films according to most people. The other films are either above average or bad.

Despite my issues with Marvel, they do have a better track record than Sony at the moment. If Sony does F-up with ASM3, then, yes, I would like to see the rights revert.

Marvel Studios have shown that they have no problem combining several characters into one: such as Whiplash, or Mandarin. It works for me, however I care a lot more about Spider-Man's villains and if they'd do that (such as combining Mysterio and Chameleon) I'd be extremely disappointed.

Not saying SONY are better though. Most recently they screwed up Green Goblin and Gwen's death. I'd give Marvel Studios a chance to do Spider-Man films right any day of the week, even though I'm fully aware they're not perfect either.

They did??? :csad:

To me, they did. The acting was great by Andrew when she was dead. But they dropped the ball when 1) weird Harry Goblin killed her and 2) they didn't use the "did Spider-Man kill her?" stuff. I mean, she was like one inch from the floor already.

To me, they did. The acting was great by Andrew when she was dead. But they dropped the ball when 1) weird Harry Goblin killed her and 2) they didn't use the "did Spider-Man kill her?" stuff. I mean, she was like one inch from the floor already.

As a fan of GG, he's my favorite villain, I will never argue against the point that they should have used Norman. Having Harry become GG first seems very contrived to me however imho I feel they made his character arc believable that he became so desperate enough to become that dark. Not nearly enough screen time imo and so he's left being underdeveloped.

Gwen's death on the other hand, imo, was done very well. There's some obvious differences besides Norman, such as Gwen knowing Peter is Spidey vs not knowing in 616 as an example. I think that led to a greater amount of tension and emotional impact. They gave Gwen a promising future and robbed her of that too.

I hope it does in all honesty. Andrew Garfield deserves to have a great movie that is critically loved as well ( I say that because I've enjoyed the last two movies.) Regardless of what movies you like better, I still =think Andrew is the all around better actor and fit for Spidey. See, the problem with Spidey going to Marvel is that just because they get him, don't mean they'll use him. Especially after five movies wit SOny. They'll get called out on for retreading. We really, as Spidey fans need TASM 3 to be good.

I thought Gwen's death was done perfectly

Having seen the scene about 4 or 5 times now, I've come to realize that Garfield pretty much makes the scene. Whether that's good or bad, I suppose would be up to interpretation.

His reaction is absolutely heartwrenching.

However, I honestly don't think there's much more to the scene than that and the score.

Last edited:
Gwen's death was good but the build up and aftermath was bad.

Garfield's reaction is one of the best to a death I've seen in a long time, no cliche "nnoooooooo", no instant realisation of the persons fate, he was willing it not to be, complete abject despondance, really showed off his acting chops.

I thought the aftermath was really good too, I don't see what you couldn't like about that? Buildup can be good or bad depending what you class as the buildup, I class their entire relationship as the buildup, so that's why we might disagree there.

I guess the Gwen Stacy death scene is going to go down as one of those praised scenes in comicbook films that I don't get.

To me the Avengers will never be complete without Spidey. They're doing extremely well without him, but for everything to be perfect in my eyes, Spidey needs to be out there quipping.

Garfield's reaction is one of the best to a death I've seen in a long time, no cliche "nnoooooooo", no instant realisation of the persons fate, he was willing it not to be, complete abject despondance, really showed off his acting chops.

I thought the aftermath was really good too, I don't see what you couldn't like about that? Buildup can be good or bad depending what you class as the buildup, I class their entire relationship as the buildup, so that's why we might disagree there.

Andrew was good but the aftermath was just bad. I would have preferred if it ended with her funeral and no Rhino. I also wish they had Andrew have an Alfred moment where he looked at Captain Stacy's grave and said "You told me to keep her save. You told me to leave her out of this. I didn't listen. If I did, she would still be here. You trusted me and I failed."

I didn't like how we had the seasons montage.

Remember in Dark Knight how after Rachel's death we see Bruce in mourning. We aren't told he feels pain, we see him feeling pain. Then he tells Alfred, "the man in the forest, how did you stop him?" The reason being, Batman wanted to bring Joker down more than ever. He can't grieve as along as Joker's out there. In TASM2, all the threats are gone. There was no one else for Spidey to face until months later with Rhino.

It just felt underwhelming considering how important Gwen's death is in the comics.

I thought the build up was excellent. I swear my heart was being like 140 BPM.

The aftermath, though, could've been a little better, I guess. It never really felt as if she really died.

To me the Avengers will never be complete without Spidey. They're doing extremely well without him, but for everything to be perfect in my eyes, Spidey needs to be out there quipping.

661.bmp

Well they have a great track record so far

3 great movies(IM,TA,TWS),4 Decent (Thor,TFA,IM2,IM3),2 Average(Incredible Hulk,TDW)

Its not going to end up rotten,that's for sure

Well I don't think any of Marvel's movies can be classified as 'bad' (haven't seen TDW yet though),I think they have great track record so far

The only reason they combine/modify the villains is because their Heroes don't have any credible rogue gallery

Iron Man greatest villain is a guy with 10 magical rings,How ridiculous is that?No wonder they didn't use him
Meanwhile Spider-man has the best rogue gallery in Marvel for sure,they don't need to experiment at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"