Homecoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" Rotten Tomatoes Thread

JOE

Reaction score
Very premature...

However, with the shockingly low TASM 2 at 53% I think we'll all take a more modest shot at predicting TASM 3's Rotten Tomatoes score.

This thread can be used for predicting the score, as well as discussing said score once the reviews start to roll in. Anything Rotten Tomatoes related to The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

Spider-Man Rotten Tomato Scores:

Spider-Man- 89%
Spider-Man 2- 94%
Spider-Man 3- 63%

The Amazing Spider-Man- 73%
The Amazing Spider-Man 2- 53%
The Amazing Spider-Man 3- ??%

I never want to predict these things because it's simply impossible since we will know nothing about the quality of the film. However, I have a feeling that, unless they go with the Sinister 6 for ASM3, the next film has a pretty low risk of being worse than ASM2. I can't possibly see it being worse.

With that said, however, I think that even if slightly better, TASM3 will receive about the same percentage as its predecessor. I think the film will need to be the best in the series, perhaps even one of the best Spider-Man films overall, to get about the same score as TASM did.

Critics hate this franchise the reviews will the same old "an unnecessary reboot" this next film will be lucky to get 65%

You can't judge what a quality of a film is based on the previous film just because The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a rotten score doesn't mean The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be as well. Spider-Man 2 is considered one of the greatest superhero movies ever made but Spider-Man is hated by some people

100% this movie will trump the dark knight and will be considered the greatest film masterpiece ever created.

100% this movie will trump the dark knight and will be considered the greatest film masterpiece ever created.

Even if the film is a masterpiece you're gonna getting some critics that will bash it anyway The Dark Knight did get some bad reviews a Newspaper in England gave it 2 stars while all the others gave it 5 stars

You can't judge what a quality of a film is based on the previous film just because The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a rotten score doesn't mean The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be as well. Spider-Man 2 is considered one of the greatest superhero movies ever made but Spider-Man is hated by some people

Spider-Man is not at all hated by some people. Spider-Man 3? Maybe but not Spider-Man.

Unless Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson AKA The Franchise Saver, is in this film it will probably not be very good.

Spider-Man is not at all hated by some people. Spider-Man 3? Maybe but not Spider-Man.

Unless Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson AKA The Franchise Saver, is in this film it will probably not be very good.

I actually meant Spider-Man 3 I just forgot to add the 3 in the name

Spider-Man 3 was bad because Sony interfered. That's which is why TASM2 sucked. Sony interfered.

Spider-Man 3 was bad because Sony interfered. That's which is why TASM2 sucked. Sony interfered.

Thing is you can say that but Sony wasn't the ones who writes the script yes Avi Arad wanted Venom which I'm sure most fans did too but he didn't tell Sam Rami to write a scene where I think I'm watching West Side Story etc

If Sony replaces Webb (and I think they should), then it could be anything. But if they continue on course, then we do have historical patterns to try and venture a guess. That's the most we can do at this point. Ultimately we don't really know.

But there is only one other film in history that I can think of that had a massive jump in terms of the quality reviews from its predecessor, while keeping the same director. That film is The Living Daylights directed by John Glen, which followed the horrible A View to a Kill. And that film changed the lead actor and pretty much the entire tone of the franchise. Every other time it has happened to any significant degree from one film to its sequel, at a minumum the director was changed. I've seen them go down lots, but up significantly is very rare, even if there are a few that I can't remember right now.

So we should start at around 50% as a starting point. Maybe it could realistically go up to the 60s, but unlikely to see a huge jump to the 80s or something like that.

Furthermore, TASM3 has another problem. If you look at the reviews of TASM and TASM2, both positive and negative, the majority of praise goes to one particular thing, Emma Stone and the chemistry between her and Andrew Garfield. That is now gone. There will be a new love interest, but considering the praise for Stone, the odds that she is as popular is probably pretty slim. So Webb is going to have to pick up the slack with good plotting and with the depth and character of the villains. Two things that he has been very poor at.

So my best estimate based on historical patterns, and what Webb has shown as a director in the previous films in this franchise, is that the rating is probably going to be headed downwards. I'd venture to guess in the 30-40% range with a medium of around 35%.

That's the best I can do at this point in time, until early reviews start coming in and we get real numbers.

Well, the film would have to be absolutely horrendously horribly terribly s**t, for 35%.

But if that's what you're expecting... Sure.

Neither SM3, nor ASM2 being dissapointing was all Sony's fault.

Both SM3 and ASM2 are on the directors and writers.

Probably should have read this before I made my post, but yes, Fast Five also made a big jump from the previous installment despite having the same director.

It is still very rare though.

If the film is very good, I see no reason why it wouldn't get 80%+

Are we saying that even if it's a great film it won't get good reviews? Or are we saying because Marc Webb's already directed one poor film, the next one will be poor too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"