I'm Bi[Lingual] Curious

How old are all of you who know multiple languages? I'm taking Italian now and I want to learn Spanish too. I'm 20 now and have never really had any experience with other languages, but taking Italian has made me want to learn them all.

Long time no see.

If you count what I've said as 'knowing' them, then I apply here, as well. I'm 25.

Fluent in four languages here - English, Arabic, Hindi and Urdu.

I took Spanish for 3 years in high school and joined their Honor society. Now...well now I can walk into a Taco Bell with confidence because I can understand their menu. : :O :(

I envy you guys who can speak multiple languages. :(

I'm really looking forward to learn speak Spanish -- it's something I really want to learn many times before but somehow can't for some reasons.

I have Spanish roots and a Spanish surname but can't speak Spanish fluently! Yeah, I suck! Dios mio!

I can sing in many languages, but actually speaking and comprehending them... that's a different story.

I'd like to conquer Russian sometime soon. :heart:

Glad to see a thread like this. :D

I'm currently relearning German after taking it in highschool. I thought I had forgotten most of what I had learned with the exception of a few words, phrases, alphabet and numbers, and a couple of the grammatical rules. But so much came flooding back once I started it back up.

I'm also learning Spanish. At first I thought German was easier, now I'm believing that German isn't easier, just easier to pronounce (I have trouble rolling my r's) :p

The system I'm using seems to be working well for me. I've finished all the German lessons and now practice reading stuff online. A little over half through with Spanish.

I'm very jealous of my best friend's brother. That guy just has a gift for picking up languages. And he's mostly self-tought He's currently fluent in German and Japanese, and at least conversational in Hmong, Romanian, and one other that escapes me. Italian, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"