"I'm no knight." Sandor "the Hound" Clegane thread.

godisawesome

Sidekick
Reaction score
The Cain of the House of Dogs got a thread, so why not this tarnished Abel?

3581072-sandor.jpg

Rory McCann became one of the show's most popular characters and best anti-villains/heroes, while still being a pitiable and even occaisionally terrifying murderous wreck.

He also has one of the more interesting character arcs in the show so far, ending up in a three sixty from his previous position of loyal thug to filthy rich and corrupt nobility at the height of its power who terrorizes young girls to grudging but sincere champion of an orphaned girl with no family or material wealth. The fact he was basically Arya's third father figure in the show also acted as a nice illustration of how bad her situation's got, as was his meeting with his foil Brienne in the Season finale.

So, (book spoilers)
do you think Martin was teasing the character's return in his books or just giving the character an ambiguous ending with the suspiciously tall, limping gravedigger on the same Quiet Isle that holds his supposedly untamable horse? And do you think the show will have McCann return? I could see it going either way, though I feel the book's scenario could be the finale to his arc.

I really really hope The Hound returns, he's awesome and needs a showdown with his brother!

The Cain of the House of Dogs got a thread, so why not this tarnished Abel?

3581072-sandor.jpg

Rory McCann became one of the show's most popular characters and best anti-villains/heroes, while still being a pitiable and even occaisionally terrifying murderous wreck.

He also has one of the more interesting character arcs in the show so far, ending up in a three sixty from his previous position of loyal thug to filthy rich and corrupt nobility at the height of its power who terrorizes young girls to grudging but sincere champion of an orphaned girl with no family or material wealth. The fact he was basically Arya's third father figure in the show also acted as a nice illustration of how bad her situation's got, as was his meeting with his foil Brienne in the Season finale.

So, (book spoilers)
do you think Martin was teasing the character's return in his books or just giving the character an ambiguous ending with the suspiciously tall, limping gravedigger on the same Quiet Isle that holds his supposedly untamable horse? And do you think the show will have McCann return? I could see it going either way, though I feel the book's scenario could be the finale to his arc.

:applaud He was fantastic as the Hound. One of my favorite characters....if not THE favorite. Him potentially dying in such a week way to Brienne is lousy IMO. I would love to see him and by all rights he should.

Would have been nice to see him fight his brother the Mountain and get a chance to best him!

Last edited:
I have to say that Rory McCann was the standout actor this season. If there was only one performer to get an Emmy nomination, it should be him (sorry Peter D).

props to Rory McCann.

Last edited:
The Hound better not die....I like him way too much to let him go. :csad:

I hope The Hound has an interesting storyline this season, if he is still alive.

The fight against Brienne was a great secondary fight to The Mountian VS Oberyn Martell.

Is he coming back from the dead?

Well, he never would have died if the book theory ends up holding water. He would have survived.

And as much as I enjoyed the fight between the Hound and Brienne in terms of choreography and cinematography...it really was handled poorly in terms of being true to the characters. Brienne should have bested the Hound with superior technique in her mastery of a blade. The second she started trading punches and kicks with him, she should have been destroyed. The Hound is monstrously strong, the only person stronger being his brother. Brienne is a very strong woman, but no where near the Hound in terms of sheer physical power. She was supposed to be incredibly skilled, on footing with and possibly better than Jamie in terms of her fencing skill. The way the fight was filmed in the show, it played to the Hound's strength's, and she should have lost.

That's just the fight choreographer in me being nitpicky though. Overall, it was a beautifully orchestrated fight.

And to go back to the original question of him coming back...I'd say it seems to have a good chance of happening. Both the books and the show have been foreshadowing a showdown between the Hound and Mountain for so long, it would be surprising if it didn't actually happen.

"Lot's of people name their swords..."

Well, he's back and he's got an axe. I've got him killing a minimum of 5 guys this week. Any takers?

Oh, grow up.

He's killing at least 10.

I hope he's killing someone, cause if it happens off-screen I'll be upset.

It'd be cool to show back-and-forth scenes of him killing the Brotherhood and then the Mountain killing the Sparrows. Just keep going back and forth showing the ways the Clegane's murder people.

What I'm interested in seeing is whether they play his rampage as strictly revenge and rage, or whether they temper it a bit with some righteous wrath. They spent a lot of time showing that Sandor's new view of the world was somewhat more compassionate and sympathetic. It'd be fun to see him state that he knows that killing them won't bring his people back, but it may keep the new Brotherhood from killing other innocent smallfolk.

And now he's the TwoFace Little John to Zombie Robin Hood. Heck, he even one their first confrontation, like in the RH legends!

He's so awesome, glad they brought him back, and not as a gravedigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"