"I'm no knight." Sandor "the Hound" Clegane thread.

I just realized a cool possibility. Not a likely one, mind you, but a possible one nevertheless.

Here it goes:
-The Hound hates fire, but was able to overcome that fear to beat Dondarrion.
-The wights need to be set aflame to be destroyed.
-The Hound now travels with Thoros of Myr, the same man who set Dondarrion's sword on fire with magic.
-Ergo, we could very well see the Hound overcome his pyrophobia to wield a flaming sword against the wights.

I'd pay good money to see that.

I hope he grabs his head and holds it in a fire like what was done to him.

My absolute favorite character on the show. I love his arc, and he has the best lines as well.

I'm just wondering if he will be given a Valeryian sword. Think Sam will give him Heartsbane?

personally i hope gendry makes him a valyrian hammer... he owned some ass with the war hammer last season... or dragon glass hammer

True that about the battle ax, but I feel as though the showrunners are trying to be cute by having the present mirror the past, with Gendry being the last real son of King Robert and he is just mimicking his father. Won't be surprised King Roberts exclamation to Ned how he has a son and Ned has a daughter, they will marry and join houses, and it looks like they've been grooming something to happen between Gendry and Arya since they met.

But back to The Hound, I am wondering if he is going to have to overcome his fear of fire and learn to wield a flaming sword. It would be just his luck, but who knows what magical concoctions Qyburn did to Gregor, so it might take fire to kill him in the hopeful Clegane Bowl.

In the books, they also talk about how the Clegane brothers had a sister, but she died. While there is no mention of a sister in the show, Sandor seems to have a bit of weakness for protecting young girls, so I am wondering if they might elude that he protected the Stark girls because he sees his sister in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"