Arrow Important episodes to watch to jump on the show

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Simple question, and expecting a list of episodes: I have not seen Arrow AT ALL; wanted to, but didn't. I cannot watch the entire two seasons, due to the short time I have (school, work, life, laziness). To prepare for season 3,
what are the important episodes to watch to prepare for season 3, that I can understand and won't be confused by because an episode isn't on the list (or something).

if you want to have that direct link to season 3.......the final two episode has lot of links to season 3 especially some of the story line that will continue

Simple question, and expecting a list of episodes: I have not seen Arrow AT ALL; wanted to, but didn't. I cannot watch the entire two seasons, due to the short time I have (school, work, life, laziness). To prepare for season 3,
what are the important episodes to watch to prepare for season 3, that I can understand and won't be confused by because an episode isn't on the list (or something).

Okay if you have no time watch this. It's a 40 minute recap of season 1 that explains all major plot elements. It's narrated by John Barrowman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06bJ23bOms

If you have more time than here's a list of season 1 episodes you can watch, but if you're really pushed, just watch the recap

Episode One- Pilot
Episode Three- Lone Gunman
Episode Four- An Innocent Man
Episode Five- Damaged
Episode Six- Legacies
Episode Nine- Year's End
Episode Ten- Burned
Episode Thirteen- Betrayal
Episode Fourteen- The Odyssey
Episode Sixteen- Dead to Rights
Episode Twenty-One- The Undertaking
Episode Twenty-Two- Darkness on the Edge of Town
Episode Twenty-Three- Sacrifice

Now season 2 had a more continuous arch, and I wouldn't really skip any (well except for a few), but if you really have to here are essential episodes I think

Episode One- City of Heroes
Episode Five- League of Assassins
Episode Seven- State v. Queen
Episode Eight- The Scientist Introduces the Flash!
Episode Nine- Three Ghosts **Important
Episode Fourteen-Time of Death (I only included it because it ends in a cliffhanger that leads into The Promise, This episodes kind of sucks lol)
Episode Fifteen- The Promise
Episode Eighteen- Deathstroke
Episode Nineteen- The Man Under the Hood
Episode Twenty- Seeing Red
Episode Twenty-One- City of Blood
Episode Twenty-Two- Streets of Fire
Episode Twenty-Three- Unthinkable

So Total: 13 episodes

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Okay if you have no time watch this. It's a 40 minute recap of season 1 that explains all major plot elements. It's narrated by John Barrowman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06bJ23bOms

If you have more time than here's a list of season 1 episodes you can watch, but if you're really pushed, just watch the recap

Episode One- Pilot
Episode Three- Lone Gunman
Episode Four- An Innocent Man
Episode Five- Damaged
Episode Six- Legacies
Episode Nine- Year's End
Episode Ten- Burned
Episode Thirteen- Betrayal
Episode Fourteen- The Odyssey
Episode Sixteen- Dead to Rights
Episode Twenty-One- The Undertaking
Episode Twenty-Two- Darkness on the Edge of Town
Episode Twenty-Three- Sacrifice

Now season 2 had a more continuous arch, and I wouldn't really skip any (well except for a few), but if you really have to here are essential episodes I think

Episode One- City of Heroes
Episode Five- League of Assassins
Episode Seven- State v. Queen
Episode Eight- The Scientist Introduces the Flash!
Episode Nine- Three Ghosts **Important
Episode Fourteen-Time of Death (I only included it because it ends in a cliffhanger that leads into The Promise, This episodes kind of sucks lol)
Episode Fifteen- The Promise
Episode Eighteen- Deathstroke
Episode Nineteen- The Man Under the Hood
Episode Twenty- Seeing Red
Episode Twenty-One- City of Blood
Episode Twenty-Two- Streets of Fire
Episode Twenty-Three- Unthinkable

So Total: 13 episodes

Hope this helps!

BINGO!

Perfect! Thanks alot. I will try to see them all, but of course if I can't, thanks for the recap link. Is there one for season 2 as well?

Even though it's not technically an "important" episode, "Suicide Squad" is a lot of fun and a personal favorite of mine.

Even though it's not technically an "important" episode, "Suicide Squad" is a lot of fun and a personal favorite of mine.

Oh yeah Suicide Squad was a fun episode. It's not that important to the main plot though. But especially if you're a DC fan, you'll like it. If you have time watch that. Season two Episode Sixteen.

Last edited:
I thought SS was a letdown, personally. Definitely not one of the series' best.

^Agreed. Fun but pretty forgettable.

i thought SS was the weakest episode last season, but last season was pretty much perfect

i thought SS was the weakest episode last season, but last season was pretty much perfect

Time of Death was my least favorite. Hated that episode. Suicide Squad was fun albeit forgettable.

Although Suicide Squad/ARGUS stuff will be important for next season so watch it anyways.

Time of Death was my least favorite. Hated that episode. Suicide Squad was fun albeit forgettable.
That's funny, Time of Death was one of the best IMO, it really felt like a superhero show in that episode, and I thought The Clock King was definitely one of the better written/acted villains on this show. I can't wait for Clock King to return

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a season 2 recap like they did with season one last year,so stay tuned to your local CW affiliate.:woot:

When did the season 1 recap premier? I saw it on the CW website in January.

I think it aired right before the pilot,IIRC.It might've been the day before.It may be different from station to station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"