World In the G1 Cartoon, does Grimlock rarely transform to Robot Mode?

toddly6666

Civilian
Reaction score
In the G1 Cartoon, is it rare when Grimlock transforms to robot mode? I've been watching the episodes, especially the later ones, does Grimlock just stay as a T-Rex? I've always thought he was funny as hell in the show, but I always liked seeing his Robot mode. Can anyone list the episodes in which he transforms to his Robot Mode?

By the way, just watched the "Grimlock's New Brain" episode, and it was one of the best G1 episodes i've watched. This one was certainly the best mix of humor and drama.

Nosecone speaking to Grimlock, "uhh...are you my father?" Classic. I now want to seek out the technobots (technoboticons?) toys, since they are all technically the children of Grimlock!

In season three he almost never transforms. But he'd been relegated to comic relief (and the rest of the dinos dropped as requring characters), which requires his dino form. In seasons 1 and 2 they aren't about much but they do transform in the episodes they are in.

Grimlock may always be comic relief, but in the third season, Grimlock is given more respect by his peers, I think, in two episodes.

"You...think...Grimlock...stooppid. I...show...you..."

Every Episode of Season 1 & 2 that featured The Dinobots they are seen Transforming but in Season 3 only Grimlock Transformers a few time's.There were a fw episodes that he didnt transform at all.

Yeah, He doesn't transform much in the 3rd season, but he always did like to stay in his dino mode, as did the other Dinobots. In fact, I think they preffered it that way. They always wanted to show that they were different than other Autobots, it might have been an ego thing with Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots just followed him.

i feel like grimlock was the only dinobot who got attention. except in the movie but for some reason snarl didnt show up except in one seen you see him

i feel like grimlock was the only dinobot who got attention. except in the movie but for some reason snarl didnt show up except in one seen you see him

Yes its concidered to be an animation error,due to the fact that when you see Snarl you dont see Swoop.

oh. how come they didnt put him in the story at all

There are so many rumors to why that its hard to sayy with 100% certainty........but the most reasonable one I've heard was that just like with the designs and trademark with the Jetfire/Skyfire toy mold , Hasbro didnt have the trademark rights to you Snarls design in a major motion picture......in case you didnt know Jetfire/Skyfire looked very different as a toy compaird to his cartoon rendishion.

that sucks. is that why they didnt show most of the chracter deaths

i want to buy the 20th aniversery addition just so i can own a copy instead of watching the movie on the internet

ok that would be good but how would you get it to me

If you pay me the cost of 2 blank DVDs and the cost to ship I can do it....shipping should be less then $6 usd.Then I can ship it to you.by the way where are you?

i live in iowa. and why would i need to buy 2 blank cds wouldnt it just be one. and how much would each cd be

i live in iowa. and why would i need to buy 2 blank cds wouldnt it just be one. and how much would each cd be

Its a two disk set Widescrean and regular.I'm not much into math but pay for 5 blank DVD about $5.99 so I gues their about $1.25 a peace.

well i would tell you wear to send it but im only 13 and if my mom finds out about this shed get all mad and say how you could have been a predator

well i would tell you wear to send it but im only 13 and if my mom finds out about this shed get all mad and say how you could have been a predator

Thats the last thing I need too.........FBI guys busting down my door and taking my daughter away she's going to be 13 in november

There are so many rumors to why that its hard to sayy with 100% certainty........but the most reasonable one I've heard was that just like with the designs and trademark with the Jetfire/Skyfire toy mold , Hasbro didnt have the trademark rights to you Snarls design in a major motion picture......in case you didnt know Jetfire/Skyfire looked very different as a toy compaird to his cartoon rendishion.
i dont get the whole trademark thing is dumb. how could the put the other four dinobots in the movie but snarl couldnt be in it

i dont get the whole trademark thing is dumb. how could the put the other four dinobots in the movie but snarl couldnt be in it

Hasbro did not own the rights to the design of the figure........They rented the rights to reproduce the toys and his image in the cartoon and comic but that agrement did not extend to a movie.Why it did for the other Dinobots I dont know but trademark laws are very confusing to say the least.
The character of Jetfire knowen as Skyfire on the show had a similar issue.........Hasbro got the rights to reproduce the toy in the U.S. but his image had to be changed for the show and comics due to the fact that the people that brought Macross to the U.S. and called it Robotech had the rights to the toys likeness.........here I'll post some pics of Jetfire / Skyfire and the Robotech toy.

Jetfire/Skyfire toy
480_robot.jpg

Jetfire/Skyfire Toon and Comic design
skyfire1e.jpg

Robotech
VF1Spict.gif

Your never going to find a good reason why Snarl wasn't used in the movie beyond a few back ground shots.

sto_vo_kor_2000 said:
Hasbro did not own the rights to the design of the figure........They rented the rights to reproduce the toys and his image in the cartoon and comic but that agrement did not extend to a movie.Why it did for the other Dinobots I dont know but trademark laws are very confusing to say the least.
The character of Jetfire knowen as Skyfire on the show had a similar issue.........Hasbro got the rights to reproduce the toy in the U.S. but his image had to be changed for the show and comics due to the fact that the people that brought Macross to the U.S. and called it Robotech had the rights to the toys likeness.........here I'll post some pics of Jetfire / Skyfire and the Robotech toy.
Leased actually. Hasbro leased any transforming robot toy from Japanese toy companies in 1984. From Toybox they took what became Omega Supreme (and later on Skylinx). From Toyco the Astro magnum toy, AKA Shockwave. From Takatoku toys they took two from the Armored Batalion Dorvack and made Whirl and Roadbuster. From Beetras they made the 4 deluxe insecticons. And from Takatoku's SDF Macross line Jetfire. The problems arose because Bandai bought out Takatoku just after Hasbro made the lease deals. Takara wasn't about to have their main competitors toys featured prominently in the show. Hence Jetfire became Skyfire, and none of the other now Bandai toys were even mentioned in the show. And the only one of the non-Takara sourced TF toys to see release in Japan was Shockwave, until reissue Skylinx drops that is.

Your never going to find a good reason why Snarl wasn't used in the movie beyond a few back ground shots.

Leased actually. Hasbro leased any transforming robot toy from Japanese toy companies in 1984. From Toybox they took what became Omega Supreme (and later on Skylinx). From Toyco the Astro magnum toy, AKA Shockwave. From Takatoku toys they took two from the Armored Batalion Dorvack and made Whirl and Roadbuster. From Beetras they made the 4 deluxe insecticons. And from Takatoku's SDF Macross line Jetfire. The problems arose because Bandai bought out Takatoku just after Hasbro made the lease deals. Takara wasn't about to have their main competitors toys featured prominently in the show. Hence Jetfire became Skyfire, and none of the other now Bandai toys were even mentioned in the show. And the only one of the non-Takara sourced TF toys to see release in Japan was Shockwave, until reissue Skylinx drops that is.

I used the term rent to make it eazer to understand ...and I agree with you about Snarl ,I was just pointing out that it was the only ruumered reason that made some sence.
But your information on the Jetfire/Skyfire I have a question about........are you saying that the reason you posted is why they made the name change or the design change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"